Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
why are you so quiet julian? no trades? this EU TL break looks good

Attachments

• 100211EURUSD_2dayTLbreak.PNG
    100211EURUSD_2dayTLbreak.PNG
    26 KB · Views: 122
Sorry for butting into your thread leovirgo, but I was wondering what time scale charts you use for your calls?

Sorry for butting into your thread leovirgo, but I was wondering what time scale charts you use for your calls?

you're welcome here fxtrader85 :) [ for a moment, I thought you're wallstreet1928 because you have the same avatar..]

I use 240/60/15 charts with last 3 days' vwap (mean/pivots) as supply/demand zone. My main objective is to capture a chunck of 1 Day ATR move but for the moment I am settling for 2x60ATR with the tightest possible stop.

lol Im here, wife just fell over and grazed her legs, had one on ftse. Youve had a good week Leo,very accurate, well done

I like your approach with small Sl. I wonder what is you long term result I mean for the last year for example in pips.:smart:

Hard to express in terms of pips but it looks something like this

Profit factor 1.8 ~ 2 : 1
Win % = 45-50%%

I only started late last year. For the first few months I was trying to find a suitable money management. At that time my stops and targets were wider than as they are now. Changed to lower stops targets and taking a flat curve for the last 2/3 weeks.

I have a problem of opening position. I trade on 15m tf, and I visually find good entries, but I do not enter the trade because ... may be I am afraid to do it and in a few mins I can see that I would be already in profit. As an example, situation happened a few mins ago(+30 minus spread could be earned). I was waiting for reversal breakout of both trend line and resistance level . And it happened, but I did not open position. do not know how to coop with this
1.gif

Cheers leo. My avi was initially Gordon Gecko but I felt that may come across as a bit pretentious so I've lowered any expectations people may have had about me by changing it to the impressionable and naive Bud Fox :D

I have a problem of opening position. I trade on 15m tf, and I visually find good entries, but I do not enter the trade because ... may be I am afraid to do it and in a few mins I can see that I would be already in profit. As an example, situation happened a few mins ago(+30 minus spread could be earned). I was waiting for reversal breakout of both trend line and resistance level . And it happened, but I did not open position. do not know how to coop with this
View attachment 75854

have you paper traded enough this method before going live? if you've done that and still can't pull the trigger it may be that you are risking too much.

btw, euro is sinking now, so your intuition must have seen this coming :D

Yes I saw e/u. but according to my indicator that was a continuation of the previous move so i did not entered. But I sold G/Y 139.812

Cheers leo. My avi was initially Gordon Gecko but I felt that may come across as a bit pretentious so I've lowered any expectations people may have had about me by changing it to the impressionable and naive Bud Fox :D

Bud Fox's the real winner in Wall Street. :)

Below is this morning's cable short. It is a break out from 3day mean zone below 1.5600 but yMean (yellow line) is on top of m2/m3. That is the reason I am not aiming for day ATR target. I wasn't following my vwap engine rules for the last few weeks as I got lost in lower TF. Always nice to look in 3 days' perspective. If it stays below 1.5600 I will have a nice swing short tomorrow. If not, look for a new set up. :)

100211GBPUSD_M15.PNG

EU leaders reach deal to rescue Greece

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - European leaders have reached a deal to provide aid to Greece, EU president Herman Van Rompuy said on Thursday, in an unprecedented move to stave off a broader crisis in the 16-nation bloc that shares the euro.

euro tanking with joy :LOL:

I'll call it a day with +45 from GU... going to feed the birds in the park..

If GU broke down to 1.5560, there will be a nice set up tomorrow. :)

This is the move I missed. EU had a spike down yesterday but it wasn't my sell set up.

Today formed a sell redzone. Follow through move to be taken was 2x60ATR = 60pips.

Now I expect some mini-spikes and noise in that 60pips zone before finding a new direction.

[Chart posted for future reference]
100212EURUSD_shock_followthru.PNG