Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1m chart

Attachments

• audusd 001.gif
    audusd 001.gif
    11 KB · Views: 123
exit 9841 +6
Time to move on from this one. I missed the +10 exit I wanted. Sucks to be me.

Peter

Closed 1/2 of all the stake at 13585 stop to 13605

Stopped.

I guess I shouldn't complain (being short from 720 and adding to the position in the meantime).
3 trades like this (more than 10% per trade) a month would make me a very happy trader.:)

I was checking EJ. It looks like a nice set up for a long, but don’t like to enter now (before Tokyo session), I’ll check it tomorrow after 8:00.

Attachments

• ej.JPG
    ej.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 147
I was checking EJ. It looks like a nice set up for a long, but don’t like to enter now (before Tokyo session), I’ll check it tomorrow after 8:00.

I've just checked it - it went down too much (would have hit all the stops). (n)

Not so sure about the direction at the moment.

I didn’t know - today is a bank holiday in Japan. Anyway at 10:30 there is BOJ governor speech. For EU may be too exciting at 13:30 - US GDP.

morning all

another day of testing and gardening for me today
Have completed tests on eur/usd

showed only 1 losing month in 12 with an average of about 200 per month when taking 1/2 off at 1:1 and rest at 2:1

am trying to get the 3 or 4 best currencies for this and total 600 pips a month

question for you.How should i post the results. If Im taking 1/2 off at 1:1 should I then add both 1/2 together and divide by 2,or just add them together. The reason I say this is because althought both trades are entered at the same time,one has an exact exit point and is really a trade on its own,Shall I post them as two separate trades for results purposes or will that confuse things?

In all the testing ive done over the last few months something has become very clear.
The 2:1 r/r shows a bigger profit on all currencies,maybe i should look at 6:1. I will trade the 1:1 as well as it provides a smoother equity curve(i hope)
comments most welcome

Flash

Happy trading

morning all

another day of testing and gardening for me today
Have completed tests on eur/usd

showed only 1 losing month in 12 with an average of about 200 per month when taking 1/2 off at 1:1 and rest at 2:1

am trying to get the 3 or 4 best currencies for this and total 600 pips a month

question for you.How should i post the results. If Im taking 1/2 off at 1:1 should I then add both 1/2 together and divide by 2,or just add them together. The reason I say this is because althought both trades are entered at the same time,one has an exact exit point and is really a trade on its own,Shall I post them as two separate trades for results purposes or will that confuse things?

In all the testing ive done over the last few months something has become very clear.
The 2:1 r/r shows a bigger profit on all currencies,maybe i should look at 6:1. I will trade the 1:1 as well as it provides a smoother equity curve(i hope)
comments most welcome

Flash

Happy trading

its always tough showing data when you use partial profit taking.

best would be to show them as separate trades I think.
then show them as aggregated. of course, you need to show the profits as a function of SL, to provide context.

hope your revisions work out for you.
with regards to your "2:1" R:R, are you saying risking 2 to make 1?
or risking 1 to make 2? (I can never remember if its reward:risk or risk:reward!)

Black Swan also gets quite good aggregate returns when trading across multiple pairs, so spreading risk is a good idea.
but note, 600 pips total across 3 or 4 pairs, is 200/150 per pair per month.

dont you have peasant staff to do your gardening?

EDIT: if its any consolation, I am riding out the choppiness, but the chop seems not to have given way to decent trends, so underwater aggregate for a few days. not happy, and jittery.

flash,

i would record them as 2 seperate trades under two sepearate tables. This way you can compare results going forward on wht works best.

Hi I'm new so don't really know how this works. I am long cable with daily support trend 15890-15900. Have an hourly resistance line which I have shorted once OK and am now hoping will break. This comes in at 15935 area. This break can lead to daily overhead resistance trend line at 16070 area...but the chances of me holding that long are less than zero....I trade $10/ point.

Also have long Aussie needing to break hourly overhead at 9840.

Any commentswelcome...but generally only like to hear :cool: agreements

see the short logic and stop....bloke here also shorted cable again for scalp....have numbers out later so could turn out bit ugly.....generally thinking its a rubbish market....everything in conflict with everything else...Macd's and Stochs turning down on lots of stuff ...we'll see, not the best trade set ups ever...cable is the important one..Aud suggested to me so only in tiny.....