Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lol now -15 pips for week but down a lot more cash wise.Both trades were viable and were right of the bottom line. They look great when they come off and you look like a fool catching a knife when they go wrong.

I had my 2 losses for a day and stopped trading. If I continued - it could have been worse. I don't know if I'm out of tune or it may be something to do with today's funny price action.

hmm, looks like today's action wasn't 'technical' enough for us TA traders. I had my fair share with 3 small losses on GU. Got a sell level on EU but didn't have a chance to enter as it never looked back.

UK GDP figure will come out tomorrow. I want it to have a positive impact because I'd love to buy GU all the way to 1.5600 - good for holidays money . :cheesy:

GU: looking for sell below 1.5360. not the best set up as it has already touched 1.5320 and bounced

UJ: long above 93.45, don't want to go lower than 93.30

EU: expecting a reasonable bounce, probably best to short it after US open or on Monday

sl7

sl is the meaning of stoploss, isnt it?
7 pips stop is ok for someone who knows what to do.
you dont have any idea what to do.
you have to increase your mean sl bei a factor of 5.

Re: sl7

show me with an example trade - called out live

happy to learn :cool:

IMO cable is ready for a short. I had a look at the price action (Poet's day) and don't like it. I'll give it a miss.

Re: sl7

That's a bit harsh buddy, possibly down to English not being your first language, I don't trade off 10-15 min charts either, but Leo is quite happy with his R:R. Looks as though he risks ten pips to make 30...some you lose, some you win, some (like his UJ trade) he'll stay in by the skin of his teeth, not get stopped out by a tiny decimal, and bag 20+ pips...

R:R challenge

I will pay respect to anybody's technique if it can be proven over the long term as better than 3:1 profit factor & 50% win loss ratio. That means

1. (total win money/total loss money) >= 3
2. number of winning trades/ total trades >= 50%
3. must be profitable every year (doesn't have to be profitable every month)

It can be long term, swing trading, day trading or scalping.