Forex Mini's Night session Questions

nevets24

I am located in the united states, and I am looking into trading at night so I want to know what forex e-mini instrument has the volatility I need at night? I checked out a couple like th usd/jpy and eur/usd, but none of them has the movement speed that I am looking for to make some money at night. Any suggestions???????

Why not adjust position size relative to the size of move you would like ?

Paul

I am located in the united states, and I am looking into trading at night so I want to know what forex e-mini instrument has the volatility I need at night? I checked out a couple like th usd/jpy and eur/usd, but none of them has the movement speed that I am looking for to make some money at night. Any suggestions???????

The most volatile pairs are often those that are combined with GBP...like GBP/USD or GBP/JPY. The problem is that GBP is mostly active during EU trading. I am from EU too, so sorry because I am not sure which hours you are referring to as "night"(for you it will be different than for me)

Hey,
Im in Hong Kong atm so I assume the Asian session is what you are referring to.
Indeed vol is lower across all pairs and I think it is more a matter of identifying which pair or pairs is more active on any given day than which pairs to pick and stick with from the start.
Now having said that, JPY crosses are always to be monitored, and so are aussie and kiwi especially on days of significant eco data release.
But the assumption of the thread is that you are looking at majors. Obviously if you want to find some decent vol during the Asian session, then Asian exotics will be good targets, i.e. SGD, THB, INR, IDR, and TWD particularly.
:)