Forex Maestro

Hi John

I trade 5 min time frame, also I would advise to turn off MM by entering 0 and set your risk to 5, but as your capital grows reduce the risk to protect your capital, if you start with $1000 the EA will start trading 0.05 lots by the time your account gets to $2000 which should'nt take long the EA will now trade 0.1 lots which gives you bigger rewards but also bigger losses, better to stay ahead then let a week's worth of trading being taken away in a couple of SL trades, if you adjust settings as per my posts this should go a long way to protecting you, forget the 10 trades it is too much.

Look at Ronika's post, some good idea's there too.

Also Stu I think how are those other robots doing ?

Happy trading

Iceman1

The other robots I've been running have had mixed success. I was up around €160 after running for a few hours, but throughout the rest of the week it has gone up and down and finished off the week at around €160.

I must admit what I really don't like about these robots is not knowing the criteria of entering a trade of setting limits and stops. Because I have several robots running on one demo account, it's hard to tell which ones are initiating which trades. I have searched for something that could help identify which are which but haven't found anything yet.

Refunded Maestro still works

Here's my update...

I bought both versions and after reading several threads like these, re Maestro is really a rip off of Firebird, I got my money back for both purchases.

However, I had such great results demo trading, that I went live a couple of weeks ago with the Advanced version, which still works, because there is no registration per se - more BS. I too made the mistake of trying to second guess the EA, and lost a few trades that I didn't have to, and missed out on extra profits had I been patient.

The Advanced version has settings in the manual that are optimized for 5 min charts, with a TP = 26, SL = 300, TS = 30. Also different MA settings. It recommends the same 4 pairs. It also has money management settings too and time ranges for trading.

I noticed different pairs showing wins on the Maestro marketing hype page, so in addition to the recommended 4, I've been testing the following... EUR/JPY, GBP/JPY, USD/JPY, AUD/USD, GBP/USD. The best so far have been EUR/JPY - 1 loss, AUD/USD - 0 loss, the others have had 2-3 losses, spoiling the W/L ratio. I didn't have as good luck with EUR/USD and USD/CAD. Test results may be better next week per the changes I made, outlined below.

I've been trading the 4 pairs that tested best... EUR/GBP, EUR/JPY, AUD/USD, USD/CHF. I don't think in terms of dollars/day/week, I think in terms of % return daily/weekly, and how my average daily pips can translate into the maximum return with the lowest possible risk. It's a balancing act to get the lot setting just right. Remember, just 15% ROI daily for 5 days = double your account.

Last week I doubled my account in 4.5 days - 105%. To be fair, I made 1 manual sell trade at the top on that EUR/GBP trade that went sour for everyone - it lowered my loss. And I've got 2 open negative trades that should work out OK next week.

After trading with it for several weeks I've come to the conclusion that a 300 PIP SL is the best - I had 255, but I monitor the trades carefully to make sure they won't hit the full SL.

I've also changed the TP to 50. On another forum a user has had great success with a TP of 50, so that's why I set it there. If it doesn't reach the full TP, the TS of 25 will save the trade.

I analyzed some of the problem trades from last week, and I found that if I had left a TS - I had removed it - I would have avoided those trades that wasted days in negative pipage. So my analysis shows that a TS is valuable. Yes you'll have a portion of winning trades that are smaller, but you'll most likely avoid a few large draw downs too, so it's worth it IMHO. Plus, the pair will move on to trade again, instead of hanging in hell doing nothing.

The demo account had 7 different pairs trading and had 61 wins and 5 losses. On the demo account I noticed that a couple of trades closed at a loss of around 100 pips, via the EA settings to close losers > -65 pips, after 72 hours. Those were losing trades in the end, so this method cut the losses by 1/3. That's not always going to be the case.

The last thing is PIP Step. The default settings of 30 and 10 open trades is too intense for me, so I've decided to use a PS = 54 and 2 trades open max. That way, since most trades go negative for a while, and many go 100+, I'll at least get another trade if it reaches -54, and make +54 pips or more when the trade inevitably returns to profit, as most trades do. So all that waiting for a trade to resolve, will result in an extra win+. So it's like getting 2 trades for 1. As my account grows, I may change Max Open Orders to 3, so I get another trade when it goes negative past 108 pips.

I think these changes will improve my W/L ratio and pips/trade as well, resulting in even better ROIs daily and weekly. Trading 4 pairs, that means I could possibly have 8 open negative trades, so I calculate my lot size to make sure that each trade has enough breathing room to live, without out getting me into margin call territory.

Anyway, these are my findings and thoughts. Glad to see a good thread going so we can collaborate to improve our results.

I too got the Forex Fantasy eMail - with a 60 day return via ClickBank, you can't loose, so why not.

Ronika that's good news that Maestro and Advanced Maestro EA's still work after being refunded, especially since they are a knock off of a free EA. Will they also work on more than one live account?? PLease advise. Thanks.

Ronika that's good news that Maestro and Advanced Maestro EA's still work after being refunded, especially since they are a knock off of a free EA. Will they also work on more than one live account?? PLease advise. Thanks.

I haven't tried it, but there's no doubt they'll work, since there's no validation at all.

I must admit what I really don't like about these robots is not knowing the criteria of entering a trade of setting limits and stops. Because I have several robots running on one demo account, it's hard to tell which ones are initiating which trades. I have searched for something that could help identify which are which but haven't found anything yet.

Stu...

Right click on the Trade list in MT4 and a pop up menu will appear - there you will see "Comments" - select Comments and a new column will be added to the Trade list - you may have to do the same for the Account History list too. The Comments field/column will typically put the EA name or some indication of which EA it is. Then you can sort on Comments in the Account History list to see all trades for a specific EA grouped together for convenient analysis.

Last edited:
Adv Maestro - EA Annotations on charts

I haven't tried it, but there's no doubt they'll work, since there's no validation at all.

Thanks for your reply, Ronika. I just started using the Adv Maestro on 3/11 and must say I was somewhat amazed at what it did in 2 days (over 50% increase in my demo). Since I've been studying diligently the threads on this EA both in this forum plus one other. A summary of what I've learned so far, plus some lingering questions I sill have are:

1. This EA can make amazing gains, but you have to be watchful of drawdowns. Some users are limiting the max trades per pair to 2 instead of 10. Others are increasing the pipstep to 54 instead of 30. Others are just flushing everything when they hit a certain equity gain and then just starting it over (this could be every day or 2 or every week or 2). Others are adjusting the TP, TS, and SL according to certain ideas. Others are changing the currency pairs they are using, etc etc etc.

2. You seem to have been using this for awhile. What have you settled into doing and what is your opinion of the items I mentioned above??

3. I've also noticed on the top left of the charts some EA annotations such as:
maxDrawDown (not sure how this calculation is derived)
Open Orders (I understand this one)
Current Divergence (??)
trending market down! (Perhaps it won't enter new trade when trending??)
trending market up!

Do you know what these mean in regard to this EA?

4. My limited experience with this just using the recommended settings for the 5 min chart have been: 46 hours, 47 trades took a 2K demo to 3144 with 5 open trades at a negative 182. At the beginning of next week I'm inclined to do the following:
a) Use the same currency pairs: EURGBP, USDCHF, EURUSD, USDCAD
b) Change Max Orders to 2.
c) Each time the equity increases 25% close everything and let it start over.

What are your thoughts?? Thanks.

Dantom...

I'm now trading... EUR/USD, EUR/JPY, USD/CHF, AUD/USD & USD/JPY, using 5 min charts with the AM settings for MA. TP = 50, SL = 300, TS = 40, PS = 54 (I'm Mac109 on ForexForums.org), MaxOrders = 2.

I like to keep my lot size low to spread out the risk among many trades, so a full 300 SL will not wipe out my account, but be somewhere around 10%-12% for now. As my account grows, I'll keep the lot size low and add more pairs, so the risk is even lower, but I still get the pipage to meet my ROI %. Then as it grows from there, I'll increase the lot size incrementally to maintain the daily/weekly ROI % I'm shooting for.

I'm not a fan of closing out orders once reaching a certain level. Doesn't work for me. I'd rather manage the trades and kill any obvious losers if I can, or prevent unnecessary losses, increase wins, etc.

For me, the name of the game is compounding, pure and simple. So the first goal is to get the account size up to a level of critical mass so that the compounding results in huge gains for the same exact effort.

Update... After checking the results of my demo account, where I let AM run unattended, even Friday trading with open trades over the weekend, I've changed a couple of pairs, so now I'm going to trade...

EUR/JPY (the most winning trades of all), EUR/USD, USD/CHF, USD/CAD, GBP/USD.

AUD/USD & USD/JPY are winning pairs, but don't trade as frequently as the others above.

Hi Ronika and anybody else who is interested.

I have reloaded my FM. I have a TP of 50 and a SL of 300. I have no TS loaded but I think it is there. I now sometimes have 50 pips profit and sometimes about 26. Why 26 I am not sure. I think I know what the problem is with my FM . I watched it perform on the EURUSD. It had a sell order at 20.30.at 1.3023. It went down quite quickly to 1.2983 and I saw the green TP light come on. ( Only 10 pips to go) Then it did a small retracement. Isaw the SL change to 1.2998 as it started back up then it took it out at 1.2998. 25 pips profit. It then of course went south again and easily reached its original target.

I have had 4 trades since yesterday. 1 reached 50 and the other 3 closed out short around the 26 mark because of the retracement. The one that made 50 only had a amall 10 pip retracement. At this rate the profit is small. I only have 3 pairs. with 2 positions each. So it closes out on a retracement instead of allowing it.

Thanks.
I will test some other pairs.

Hi 1982...

What you have described indicates that your TS = 30, which is why when the price reaches 30 pips profit, the TS kicks in, and when it retraces to 25-26 it takes you out. I changed my TS to 40 and now, when it doesn't reach the full TP = 50, and retraces, it takes out the trades at 35 pips instead of 25/26. Plus, since 40 is closer to 50, there are more 50 pip full TP wins.

I've found that there is better overall performance with a TS than without.

Last edited:
I have been reluctant to run information about these systems on my website.

Can someone convince me that I should include it on my website for new traders. And if so, can you give me a reliable sourse to refer them to.

Than You

Sean Kelly
Become a Day Trader

Thanks Ronika I will follow your advice re the TS. I'll let you know. Last week I only made 10% on my account. Hopefully this week will be better.

Iceman, I have Forex Fantasy. I bought the simple version, did not spend any more dollars on the advanced. I put it on last Friday. It has closed 3 trades for 3 losses. It has 2 trades open.
So far it has only traded 2 pairs, the USDJPY and the GBPUSD. I have not changed any of the 7 inputs. The only reason I even bought it was because I was having problems with TM. So far I am not impressed.
Would love to hear if anybody has the advanced.

Thanks.

Hi Ronika

Can you confirm that with AM that your TS works wih your broker, I am with Alpari UK and the TS function does not work, you have to enter it in manually and Alpari have minimum TS levels for each pair, perhaps if anyone else is trading with Alpari they could tell me their experience with the automatic TS function in AM.

Regards

Iceman1

Iceman...

The TS works with FXDD on my live account, but not as I expected. Apparently there are several types of TS. Here's the simple explanation... TS = 30 results in 25/26 pip wins when taken out by the TS. TS = 40 results in 35 pip wins when taken out. So as soon as the price reaches the specified TS, the SL is changed by the EA to 5 pips below the TS price.

Ronika, :clap:

I started a new account on another machine midday on Thursday 3/12/09 and it ran continuously through Friday. I agree with you completely about a large number of trades gong negative beyond 75.

I looked at it this morning Saturday) and I am net +800 pips. I will have to go to another floor to check on exact figures which I will do later today and report back, but I can say that there were no losses, only wins and just by chance the still open trades had a positive net at the close of trading on Friday.

I am using a TF of 5M and a SL of 75 with a TP of 50. The MA settings are 10, 30, 0 respectively just as it came out of the box as are all the other settings. I am trading the four recommended pairs (EURUSD, USDCHF, USDCAD, and EURGBP).

I am not discounting luck relating to how the markets ran during that short time period, but only additional time will tell and I will be much more convinced of the value of these settings next Friday at the close when we see where I end up after an additional week of trading if the results are still in a range that I consider impressive.

Rico :cheesy:

On my adv maestro the ma settings recommended were 10, 15, 0. Not 10, 30, 0. Which should it be??

Hi John

I trade 5 min time frame, also I would advise to turn off MM by entering 0 and set your risk to 5, but as your capital grows reduce the risk to protect your capital, if you start with $1000 the EA will start trading 0.05 lots by the time your account gets to $2000 which should'nt take long the EA will now trade 0.1 lots which gives you bigger rewards but also bigger losses, better to stay ahead then let a week's worth of trading being taken away in a couple of SL trades, if you adjust settings as per my posts this should go a long way to protecting you, forget the 10 trades it is too much.

Look at Ronika's post, some good idea's there too.

Also Stu I think how are those other robots doing ?

Happy trading

Iceman1

Usually on these type EA's if you set the MM to zero then the risk field becomes moot and you must specify a number in the lots field.

Hi,

I got Maestro from PipCop website (as it has been distributed freely together with the manual at some point). I'm curious to see how it will work. I'll leave the initial settings untouched.

I'm also running FapTurbo, which is doing ok -- but only ok -- and Robominer, which is quite good, but needs a higher margin to start with.

Maestro or Adv Maestro

Hi,

I got Maestro from PipCop website (as it has been distributed freely together with the manual at some point). I'm curious to see how it will work. I'll leave the initial settings untouched.

I'm also running FapTurbo, which is doing ok -- but only ok -- and Robominer, which is quite good, but needs a higher margin to start with.

Are you running Maestro or Advanced Maestro??