Forex Maestro

hi All
I have also bought Forex Maestro. Been running for a 2 days and just at break even. I have changed some settings though. I changed s/l to 50 and t/p to 20. I am running on 15 timeframe 24/5. Should I look to change anything else or change back to default on s/l snd t/p.
I emailed support but no reply, not impressed. I am on a live account with Alpari Uk only using 0.02 lots to test EA. I dont like demo accounts . I only bought basic model. Hated the fact that they try to screw more out of you straight away.
Any advice appreciated
stuart

hi All
I have also bought Forex Maestro. Been running for a 2 days and just at break even. I have changed some settings though. I changed s/l to 50 and t/p to 20. I am running on 15 timeframe 24/5. Should I look to change anything else or change back to default on s/l snd t/p.
I emailed support but no reply, not impressed. I am on a live account with Alpari Uk only using 0.02 lots to test EA. I dont like demo accounts .
Any advice appreciated
stuart

Hi Wiseman,

I also have not received any reply from support, have a feeling its just a name.
I am past buying add on's to a sales page, its a marketing trick that makes you buy more products without you seeing any results. Do not fall for this sales rubbish. I maybe a little older, but I'm still learning fast.

Smokey 22

Last edited:
Hi Smokey
I hope the support will improve after the initial wave of help emails dies down.
If not at least we have a 60 money back gaurantee

stuart

Maesrto !!!!!! --- Dont Waste Your Time --- !!!!!!!

Hi,

Just bought Maestro, what a joke!!:-0.

I set it up with recommended settings, and backtested on mentioned pairs and time frames. F'n catastrophy!!:LOL::LOL:

All you guys saying this is really good EA, are you working for this scam or what??:clap:

Ps. Guess customer service is swimming in Money Back refund requests, better just dispute with paypal... they are not going to answer MBG requests anyway!

Friend this chart and news is very helpful for me and other traders. If we go through pivot points we would find these levels also.

Hi Jeff,

I find the 1min, 5min and 15 min time frame a bit noisy. The 30min time frame lets you have more of a life besides looking at this screen and jumping at every move on the chart. The downside is the trade could turn against you and loose your gains, but there again you could be on an express train and that would surly put a :D on your face.
Beware of entering a trade when stochastic lines are mid-range, no mans land :confused:

cheers
Smokey22 Allan

Hi Guys. I too have bought Forex Maestro and am currently paper trading this, so far to good effect, although when the system does turn against you (e.g Friday afternoon when support for the dollar turned seriously sour, affecting all of the four recommended pairs) the drawdown can be very substantial.

I assume that everybody has seen in the 'Comment' Section of MT4 the reference to 'Firebird v63D' suggesting that, far from being an original concept as claimed in the sales promo, this is an amended version of an MQ4 program widely available for free on the internet. It is possible that the authors of Forex Maestro have agreed their use of the code with the copyright owners of Firebird, but unfortunately my enquiries of them to confirm this have to date been met with a stony silence. If you are reading this, F/M could you clarify please?

I think the jury is still out on this program. It looks good so far, but I would suggest extreme caution and a longish period of paper trading before you commit any live funds to it.

I too ignored the offer of the 'advanced' version which to me was totally unexpected and unimpressive.

Problems with getting Maestro to trade

Hi Smokey 2. I did the following which persuaded Maestro to get going for me. With everything otherwise fully set up (smiley faces etc), just change the 'periodicity' of each chart from say M5 to M1 and back again. I don't know why, but this seems to trigger another consideration of the situation by the program and started things off ok for me. Please let us know if this helps.

Hi Smokey 2. I did the following which persuaded Maestro to get going for me. With everything otherwise fully set up (smiley faces etc), just change the 'periodicity' of each chart from say M5 to M1 and back again. I don't know why, but this seems to trigger another consideration of the situation by the program and started things off ok for me. Please let us know if this helps.

Hi Capstan,

Thank you for your idea, I will try when the markets open up next week.

Cheers
Smokey22

Hi Guys. I too have bought Forex Maestro and am currently paper trading this, so far to good effect, although when the system does turn against you (e.g Friday afternoon when support for the dollar turned seriously sour, affecting all of the four recommended pairs) the drawdown can be very substantial.

I assume that everybody has seen in the 'Comment' Section of MT4 the reference to 'Firebird v63D' suggesting that, far from being an original concept as claimed in the sales promo, this is an amended version of an MQ4 program widely available for free on the internet. It is possible that the authors of Forex Maestro have agreed their use of the code with the copyright owners of Firebird, but unfortunately my enquiries of them to confirm this have to date been met with a stony silence. If you are reading this, F/M could you clarify please?

I think the jury is still out on this program. It looks good so far, but I would suggest extreme caution and a longish period of paper trading before you commit any live funds to it.

I too ignored the offer of the 'advanced' version which to me was totally unexpected and unimpressive.
Hello Capstan,
Please can you provide a backtest of 1/2/2009-20/2/2009 of forex maestro on EUR/USD(default setting TF M5)?
I will do the same on firebird to see if it is exactly the same ea or they modified it.

does any one know which trading platforms are compatible with the maestro expert adviser?? how much does it cost? is it automated trading? is the company a broker? or just a software provider?

Friend this chart and news is very helpful for me and other traders. If we go through pivot points we would find these levels also.

can anyone help please? does any one know which trading platforms are compatible with the maestro expert adviser?? how much does it cost? is it automated trading? is the company a broker? or just a software provider?

Hello Capstan,
Please can you provide a backtest of 1/2/2009-20/2/2009 of forex maestro on EUR/USD(default setting TF M5)?
I will do the same on firebird to see if it is exactly the same ea or they modified it.

does any one know which trading platforms are compatible with the maestro expert adviser?? how much does it cost? is it automated trading? is the company a broker? or just a software provider?

hello
The Maestro EA will only work on the Meta4 platform, It costs about £170. It is supposed to be automated trading but like all of these EAs I prefer to babysit it. The company is just a software provider.
hope this info helps
stuart

Pause for thought...

OK. There appears to have been some shenanigans around this Forex Maestro EA and launch. Maybe. Too soon to tell, and it's certainly too soon to court libel.

For reference, here's some code I found for Firebird EA v63g. Forex Maestro indicates that it's v63d, so it will probably perform differently.

If TraderSeven owns the copyright (rather than just claims it, which is different), and they are not actually the vendors of the Forex Maestro, then they may have a rightful claim to make - if they can afford the suit. By all accounts several thousand copies of Forex Maestro have been sold, and so there may be a reasonable prize for the contest.

Actually if the code is the same, I like that...I like to be able to look under the hood. It gives me a degree of confidence in the system. AND it can also give something to build on...a framework to modify and enhance. You see, it is perfectly possible to dramatically change the performance of a trading system by tweaking a few bits of logic and a few parameters. Perhaps this is what has happened...although I would imagine that pride of authorship would make me want to change the comment if I had significantly enhanced it...(By the way, the comment on the advanced Forex Maestro says Firebird v2.0).

Certainly, inspecting the code of Firebird v63g I see no signs of an artificial neural network, although it was claimed in the advertising - "THE AMAZING MONEY MAKING SECRET OF AN ARTIFICAL INTELLIGENCE NEURAL NETWORK FOREX ROBOT" (No affilaite code or hop here.)

The bottom line is that we can't really tell (without decompiling or testing side-by side) whether this is the same system as the comment would indicate. However, it seems likely that it was one of several systems under test that was rushed to market after a winning streak; the advertising really didn't stack up; it claimed 'PROOF' without actually showing real proof - you couldn't tell whether the results were back tests or live trading, or how selective the referrals and examples were.

(To see what could be done, try looking at the FAPTurbo marketing, which has live, regualarly updated trading results. It's still not perfect, but it's a heap better.)

On top of that, I have received no responses from my requests for help or information. So, I have to conceded: It feels like a scam to me.

HOWEVER: Let's not throw the baby away with the bath water!

It's possible that the periodic updates of the system include parameters from such a neural network - many trading systems developers find that they can regularly produce systems that work well in the short term, but which degrade after a while...so a periodic optimisation-based update would make sense...and it would make back-tests pointless.

Let me state, quickly, my objective in purchasing the Forex Maestro system (I know my first post said I didn't know why I bought it - I confess I was being glib): I want a set of a small number of poorly-correlated, positively performing automated trading systems. To do this, you've got to 'kiss a few frogs', and it's quicker to buy them than develop them.

Why poorly correlated? Because all systems draw down, and I want them to draw down at different times and in different timeframes - because trading isn't just about reward maximisation, it's about risk mitigation too. And if your account can peform well from a risk/reward perspective (ie. Sharp or Sortino ratios for instance), with performance beyond your cost of capital, then you can scale up massively.

So I'm evaluating the systems still, as a part of my portfolio - regardless of their heritage! Their performance Thursday - Friday was impressive until the late afternoon. My $5000 demo account rose from $4020 (I lost $ 980 earlier due to wrong settings for my 6 digit forex account) to $ 4450 - 10% up in a day - although it was powering towards $ 6000 at one point!

One of the problems with Metatrader is that it doesn't show the Equity curve in the detailed report, just the Account curve. So you only see the closed trades on the graph...and any system with wide stop losses will look great until they incur losses from undetected long-term trend changes - at which point they typically just blow up! The long term trend will evenutally recover any un-closed position to a profit (until it changes direction). And nobody really has the patience to forward test them for that long!

What about back-testing, I hear you cry? Surely that should save our skins? Well, no, not really...it's useful to a point, but whenever optimisation takes place, it should be viewed with suspicion - it produces systems that are over-fit - they work great on history but fall apart in live user. And you need to accept that the evolution of trading systems that takes place through forums like these and market forces IS A KIND OF OPTIMISATION - we are the infinite number of monkeys!

I know, problems, problems, and no solutions - so let me conclude philosophically: There are no perfect trading systems! There are better ones and worse ones and you can't really tell which is which from hindsight. All systems draw-down; that's OK. It doesn't matter what is in the black box, it's the empirical performance of the black box that counts!

Anyway, it's Sunday, and I need to spend time with the family, so I'm going to stop here.

Smoke22 , wich broker are you using ?
I intend to buy this tomorrow (since I've heard so many good things about it), and will keep you guys updated on results , will be testing on demo first then on real the next week.
Oh and sorry for my english , cause I'm from Brazil :p

Some brokers don't work right on this system.

I'm still having trouble getting this maestro to fire up, no trades. Have checked all settings again by the manual again :( settings are ok. I have many EA and are very familiar on there workings and this one is no different in set up requirement. Maybe I will have to try another broker.

Cheers
Smokey22

I have tried several brokers with this system. Some brokers don't work as well or at all with this system and some others that I have demo'd. Please try another broker.

Where do I find the updated link?

Hi Rico,

Thank-you for your comments, my MT4 was downloaded yesterday so I should be running the latest version. My setup is by the book and have the latest Maestro-2 up date. Have been running for another 6 hours no trades, I have a Maestro :D face on my screen, so I don't think I'm doing a lot wrong.

Smokey22

I had to download the robots from the clickbank email. They never sent me the update link. I have emailed them several times with no response at all. Can someone please send me the update link as I purchased Maestro and Advancedmaestro as well.
Thank you...

2-17-2009 is this the most current up to date software? That is what my maestro and advanced maestro shows. Please let me know.
Thank you...