Forex Day Trader's Thread

Thought you're supposed to be lurking. You really need to quit with the "i'm disappearing from the forum to go learn by myself for a year or so" posts - it gets people's hopes up you know.

hey masq and pippy, how many hours per day do you guys trade?
just asking cause when i'm doing what passes as trading over here u guys are trading and now i'm done for the day and u guys are still at it and i'm sure when i wake up u would have still been trading.

oh yeah, do you guys look like zombies after all those trades?

I slept about 4 hours last night if that. I look like death. A lot of trading isn't really trading. It's just sitting about waiting, and when you're in a trade it's just a case of keeping an eye on it and deciding when to close. I'm not actually actively trading at the moment - I just have a position open at the moment, but i'm not likely to do anything for the time being unless something dramatic happens. I'm just by a computer pretty much all the time so I keep an eye on the charts.

I have messed up the whole day trading. I've given up so much

the USD reversal reversal reversal is a bitch.. Gold is still a hammer, but AU and EU are becoming less hammerish.. Should make trading hard on you non-scalpers due to indecision.

congratulations on Donkey Kong.. You should see the movie "King of Kong: A fistful of quarters"

I really liked this movie..

Thought you're supposed to be lurking.

Even his lurking is unskilled and annoying :LOL:

hey masq and pippy, how many hours per day do you guys trade?

I trade less hours than you play Big Bird Hunting ;)

I trade all day during the US session with an hour break for lunch and then all of the Japanese session, none during Europe and none in between US and Japanese session. I'm always in proximity of my computer so I can hear "your deal is confirmed", but not necessarily watching the ticker.

This just showed up from Dell.. .I got it hooked up, really sounds amazing.

15693.1.0.png

Thought you're supposed to be lurking. You really need to quit with the "i'm disappearing from the forum to go learn by myself for a year or so" posts - it gets people's hopes up you know.

i guess this **** hole is more addictive than i reckon.

buying ninja at 89.08 tonight and again 88.65 both with 15 pip stops.. I'll scalp the first and try to hold the second as the support is significant

I should have been at least +140 pips if not more over the last 24 hrs on just eur/usd but i've been going for "the big one" and it's messed me up. After this trade i'm going to take smaller profits than going for huge profits.

good man.. now if you can just use smaller stops

I'm still waiting for ninja to come down and see me.. looking like it wants to.

Well, i'm taking smaller losses than before - but it was about 40 pips this morning. It's not massive but it just makes my break-even a bit higher. I need to do a bit of tuning.

I closed my yen trade - stupidity on my part really considering where it was a few days ago but I can't be bothered to mess about with it, not for that money.

well, it came down and saw me and kept going.. hmm.. ok well this 88.61 should hold nicely at least long enough to get my money back and then some.