Forex Day Trader's Thread

NYSSE is having all sorts of prboelms with its servers from the sell volume! 2day could be HUGE down day

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A huge influx of orders prevented the New York Stock Exchange from disseminating quotes shortly after the start of trading on Friday.

NYSE Euronext (NYSE:NYX - News; Paris:NYX.PA - News), the parent of the New York Stock Exchange, said the delays followed "an inordinate influx" of orders received as Friday's session got under way. Later in the session, the company had to temporarily transfer quote processing to a backup system.

The exchange's quote delays caused some tickers to be locked, but an NYSE spokesman said "trades are still going through." NYSE's Ray Pellecchia also told Reuters the cause of the problem was still under investigation, and declined further comment.

Traders who declined to be identified said the interruption was caused in part by the early sell-off as well as by NYSE

ah.. well that's no fun, it's the same with us.. I thought it would something colorful like "gobber" or something like that :LOL:

With interest rates so low investors have been using the dollar as a funding currency for riskier investments. The bearish case against the dollar is that interest rates are so low and that the US will increase interest rates far after other major countries. The bullish case for the dollar is that the US and global economy is still not out of the woods and will experience further pain and declines in GDP. It is starting to look as if the US equity rally has gone too far too fast – over 80% of S&P companies having reported have beaten earnings by the S&P is down from its highs during this period. With the decline in the S&P, foreign exchange investors are becoming increasingly worried about risk and are starting to move back into the dollar. I’ve taken off my long euro vs. the dollar trade. Waiting for further data points until I go long the dollar against the euro.

yay im still short cable up 25 pips :). Does anyone know any good fundamental/economic books for forex? just economic indicators,intermarket analysis/relationships to get me started on something beyond a chart of price

aw yeh i do have it :sneaky: . seems to be more swing trading even though it says day trading on the cover, which was what put me off, but going over the titles of the chapters it could give me a good backing. im just glad it is giving me some facts rather than trading strategies and techniques

Last edited: