Forex Day Trader's Thread

oh yeah.. that worked out really well last time didn't it?

[deep sigh] Masq, where's your entry on Cable.. Mask.

nice.. I was supposed to be taken on to PF Changs to celebrate for completing half of my required community service, but my friend flaked on me so I figured I'll slug down a few as well.. As far as wishy-washy American beer goes I actually like Coors Light the best. I thought Europeans didn't like Bud..

nice.. I was supposed to be taken on to PF Changs to celebrate for completing half of my required community service, but my friend flaked on me so I figured I'll slug down a few as well.. As far as wishy-washy American beer goes I actually like Coors Light the best. I thought Europeans didn't like Bud..

coors is good, stuff brewed here is pretty bad tho! nah bud is relatively popular..not like over there tho

Hmm.. so your hatred for your own country is such that you refuse to even fly the union jack AND you will bet against the GBP to the bitterest of ends?

I love the email you get when you get wiped.. the dreaded "insufficient margin" email. As if you didn't already know they have to rub it in like 12 hours later.. I took a payment last February and ended up having to add some of the money right back in! :LOL:

disastrous Swissie trade was the culprit

ahhhh... the professional trader's [cough] [cough] gambler's life

I like Young's Oatmeal stout and Newcastle is alright.. My beer of choice over there was Kestrel Super Strength.. I thought it was really sweet and smooth and then I noticed that only bums on benches drank it.. I was only 17, they shouldn't have sold it to me anyway

I'm not betting against GBP till the bitter end - just till I get a decent profit.

As for the email - I can't comment, i've never received one.

well, unless you keep tons of money in your account when you take a payment, or use microscopic stops (which you don't) there will come a day.

well u have deposit enough margin to cover your stoploss when you place a trade, so you get stopped out before u get margin called.

i dont sb either, its ****e! futures all the way

I have to admit I don't even know what spread betting is.. never done anything but spot forex. I understand options and commodities because they're important to forex, but was never really tempted to trade them. options really seem like blind gambling.

Email from my broker

Research Note: Oct. 21 Beige Book Release

Summary Outlook: On Wednesday at 1400EDT/1800GMT, the Beige Book for the Nov. 4 FOMC meeting will be released. Overall, we don't think there has been enough of a material change in the US economy--some components have improved slightly, but overall conditions remain weak--since the last Fed meeting in late September to generate a significant market reaction. More likely, in our view, the market reaction will be a continuation of moves based on stock market direction, which will revolve around 3Q earnings reports. If stocks are embracing risk (gaining), we tend to think markets will interpret the Beige Book more optimistically and seize on whatever bright spots are evident in the report. If stocks are declining, an overall weak outlook in the Beige Book will likely dominate, potentially leading to further declines in risk assets.

Trading Strategy: In light of our mostly neutral outlook for the Beige Book reaction, we will focus on key technical levels to guide our directional views.

EUR/USD:
1.4980/1.5000 is prominent resistance; strength above may see gains initially to the 1.5070/80 area.
1.4850/75 is key channel support for the current move higher; below may signal a broader correction after failing below 1.5000, with initial targets at 1.4750, then 1.4680/700.

USD/JPY:
90.00/10 is both near-term trend line support and the 21-day sma (89.95); below may see to 88.80/89.00 for starters.
91.20/50 is key resistance and strength above may signal to 92.50/70 initially.

Economic Analysis: The current Beige Book will cover economic activity from early September through mid October and we expect most of the key economic components to show a "still weak, but improving" theme.