Forex Day Trader's Thread

My broker.. but the move upward was so extreme it could have only been sovereign related.. Stocks were tanking at the time yet EJ and UJ took off skyward in a matter of seconds had covered 50 pips.. yes, the bids are just below 92 in UJ .. something to keep in mind next week

My broker.. but the move upward was so extreme it could have only been sovereign related.. Stocks were tanking at the time yet EJ and UJ took off skyward in a matter of seconds had covered 50 pips.. yes, the bids are just below 92 in UJ .. something to keep in mind next week

Certainly, and good to know. Seems plausible with stocks dropping and JPY bouncing back. I don't trade USD/JPY very much myself but watch EUR/JPY closely.

going to long cable tonight. 10quid a tick. think we will see a bounce in equities on monday, should see USD selling off a bit.

Hey guys,

Any ideas on how The Eur/Usd is going to go on monday... I personally feel as if to go long as a result of the news and what the moving averages are saying...

going to long cable tonight. 10quid a tick. think we will see a bounce in equities on monday, should see USD selling off a bit.

Brave call - I wait until the morning and am expecting to short cable down to around 150 with a long on swissie. Anyway good luck.

Hey guys,

Any ideas on how The Eur/Usd is going to go on monday... I personally feel as if to go long as a result of the news and what the moving averages are saying...

yea i mean, you had a member of the ECB today saying that Spain will recover later than other countries, and this will obviously be a drag on the eurozone. So you could see some euro weakness tomorrow, but do not anticipate there being much of a sell off. I personally see equities bouncing on Monday so likely to see a sell off on the USD against EUR and GBP.
It is difficult one to call, in the UK you have Lloyds which are likely to report 13billion pounds of writedowns and that could definitely be a drag on the FTSE, but you have retail sales figures out in the UK and U.S on Tuesday which the market is expecting to be pretty decent. So my view is retailers, pharmaceuticals (swine flue vaccination coming to market in matter of weeks, glaxo and baxter are producing it),telecoms (voda's bid for t-mobile could come through) and housing stocks (cheap valuations) will do well.

all eyes will definitely be on oil prices, so that will play a huge role in the direction of the markets this week. I personally see a bit of a bounce back in oil, especially monday as german exporters said world trade is picking up, and this could obviously add strength to the euro.

I will be looking to go long crude futures at some point this week, if there is a further pull back, I will be looking to get in at $58 and then $55(if it reaches). People are forgetting about the summer driving season and it should keep oil prices above $65 for this quarter at least

all eyes will definitely be on oil prices, so that will play a huge role in the direction of the markets this week. I personally see a bit of a bounce back in oil, especially monday as german exporters said world trade is picking up, and this could obviously add strength to the euro.

Oil prices like you said will play a huge role on all currencies but especially the Eur/Usd...

I reckon there will be a bounce back in the price of oil during the whole week...But on early monday morning and tonight I reckon there might be a little sell-off as you said though all eyes will be on oil prices...

If oil does not go down in the first few hours of trading I feel the price will level out and nothing much will happen till Monday morning open..