Forex Day Trader's Thread

More good data today from the US.. A big rally in stocks and Euro could reverse the downward pressure altogether.. I'm just playing the edges of the ranges now.. Short at 1.33

Everyone has been lost today and yesterday.. It looks like currencies are following stocks and they're both running around like idiots.. Watch what happens to yen crosses if S&P500 goes negative..

I'd like to buy Cable at 1.4155 but only with 1 lot.. 2 lots at 1.4055

Euro is so frustrating its hardly even worth it to trade it..

Picked 2 tops today (14443)(13032) only saw 40 points though.

I'd agree that fx isn't behaving itself. I want to see cable try for a double top or some ridiculous rally so i can sell everything.

I'm going to try to short Cable first at 1.452 with 2 lots.. If that doesn't work or if it just barely touches my stop and reverses I will go on a killing spree. With these huge moves up and down it just doesn't make sense to trade the middle of the 1.4055 - 1.453 range.. Even when you're right you have to mother your trade or it will bounce back on you.. So the way I see it, it can either break this range and stop all of this foolishness or I'll only trade the ends of the range.

after japan and australia stimulus pakage out plus the rba interest -100 points, copple with fed bad bank rescue pakage we can see all equities indexs worldwide get boosted aiming higher, cool down the risk aversion as expected hammer the usd further advance.
gu will fail if can't cross up the 1.4550 area resistence mostly back down to 1.4300 area
eu will fail if can't cross up 1.3050 resistence area and will move down to 1.2800 area.

most of the pairs advance on gold down crude oil advance and stocks worldwide advance.

euro can go higher from here, also this will make the countertrend more proportional compared to the 1.47 - 1.27 decline
though euro have to rise from current levels, and not come close to 1.2797 anymore

if will fall to 1.15 anyway, as i officialy prediced a while ago, yeah cable can slink too

The only trade triggered was EUR/JPY long with 10 lots at 114.5 .. price seems to have run down to touch my stop loss by what appears to be one or two pips before reversing..

My plan now is to scream into a pillow for a little while.. Nice big negative number to start the day.

I hit 1.45 twice. Already out of it though, hasn't yet filled the w/e gap on my charts goign to wait for that to fill :D.

Unlucky pippy

Finally got short 1.452 .. moved the stop loss way back .. very, very irritating trading lately.

I don't know but I'm short 1.452 s/l 1.46995 will add 3 lots at 1.466 which is the 61.8% fib retracement .. the trade was underwater but just turned positive..

Charts have been deceptive lately.. I don't think anyone really knows what will hapen but for now I'm just going to range trade.. Sure Euro could come up but then it will drop 200 pips in an hour and then build them back up again..

Thanks killphil08 i got my +100 pips today on shorting 2 pairs gu and gchf.
i waited long to short gchf at 1.6812 when it just shown reverse candle at 5 min chart. got 64 pips at this pair. tp at 1.6740 area.

gchf fail at 1.6845 today,this pair still moving down i think,back down to 1.6600 area maybe.

I got 90 pips on Cable .. scared to reshort at 1.452 .. I'll try with just one lot at 1.466

You may notice that Cable likes to take 3 steps forward and 2 steps back..

ppt can be risky for shorts..

lets wait and see if they manipulate dow above 8000, which is critical