Forex Competition

Splitlink

Legendary member
I'm not very strong on Forex so the competition is, more or less, a pretty blind guess as far as I am concerned. At present, as I lost a good bit (it seemed to me) yesterday, I went long on all four currencies today. Seem to be getting near break even today. Perhaps, if I could see a chart, I might get a better idea of what the hell I am doing:)

Does anyone have a link of free charts? Fifteen minute would do, this is only a bit of fun for me and I don't want to sign up to anything.

Split

I'm not very strong on Forex so the competition is, more or less, a pretty blind guess as far as I am concerned. At present, as I lost a good bit (it seemed to me) yesterday, I went long on all four currencies today. Seem to be getting near break even today. Perhaps, if I could see a chart, I might get a better idea of what the hell I am doing:)

Does anyone have a link of free charts? Fifteen minute would do, this is only a bit of fun for me and I don't want to sign up to anything.

Split

Split, download any Meta4 trading platform...free feeds to forex pairs....must be over thirty providers out there ...all free

cv

Split

If you missed my post in the fx comp thread, heres a link to free charting, I've only tried the web based one (one on the left). easy to use, click and go:)

http://www.forex-markets.com/charts.htm

If you're already using c_v's solution then im sure its a lot better, so stick with that.

Im disappointed that the leaderboard only shows the top 25, should show the lot imo like the old share comp. :LOL:

Happy comping

Last edited:
Do a google for free forex charts.

Unlike shares, futures etc, a lot of fx charts are free.

Hi options, I have just noticed your post count is over 1000 but you are only a mere senior member, surely it should say legendary shouldnt it:confused:

Best get on to that sharky chap and get a refund.

LOl!!!

Thanks for that Lightning.

It seems poor old me is always getting left out.

I had a lot more green buttons, and I was a 5 star general before the switch over.

I just thought my 'rank' had been 'busted'

Thanks for bringing it to Sharkys attention.

You must write interesting, if conflictive, posts. I'll have to go through them and see what you've been writing.:)

Split

Just a quick comp question.

Why when I change 3 trades over to short/long etc the leader board still gives me 446 but my balance is around 350?

Just had a look and your balance and leaderboard appear to match up at 470 odd. Am I missing something?

mmmm. It was as it changed over. Stayed that way for a while. At least ten minutes.

No wukking furries m8.

(I thought you were on your hols?)

Mmmmm, Long off that pivot point John G?

Could be the mistake I've been waiting for.:devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

Mmmmm, Long off that pivot point John G?

Could be the mistake I've been waiting for.:devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

Hi Options

I don't think we are going to break either way today.

Although could be wrong and I don't like the long I took, I'm looking to cover if given the chance :confused: :)

Must admit I don't like Monday trading. (Haven't done any real trades today at all).

It's a bit like Britsh Rail after a snow bound weekend really isn't it?

Some of the trains are in the wrong places!

Must admit I don't like Monday trading. (Haven't done any real trades today at all).

:LOL: :LOL:

Same. I've not taken any trades on my live a/c

But you keep getting closer and closer :eek:

These trains just aren't departing on time and EUR/CHF seems stuck in the Alpine snow :LOL::LOL:

Morning Options :)

What's your downside target on cable ?

On my live a/c I've just covered my shorts and reversed long at 9760, but if US CPI is high then we could go for 9670/80

I've got a 9685 put as protection on the downside but just wondered what your plan was.

In a most friendly competitive way of course ;)

Good morning to you John.

Apoligies as only just seen your post.

In real life I have been long since april of last year. Firmly surrounded by the daily chart and My view was still bullish until as little as a month ago.

Now though, at this precise market point where there is very strong support My charts are telling me that we are on for a correction and possible change of direction to at least 1.9600, which is not that far away. if that goes then a trip down to the 1.9300's then a big eat at the 1.9000's.

So in answer to your question. I am still bearish on the 1 hour chart until told otherwise.

Good trading to you sir.