Forex Broker with Tradestation.

Hotch

Experienced member
Wondering if I can get any help. I really like Tradestation, easy language et all. Just don't like the customer care, was thinking of getting a subscription ($250 a month), and getting brokerage (and data feed I presume) from somebody else.

I believe it's possible with IB, but their website confuses the hell out of me (think most of the stuff is irrelevant, but I'm always scared I've missed something and then give up).

Any suggestions and thoughts on the process?

Thnx

I agree. I like TS charts etc.. With the new FX micro futures now in place, you could use TS for charts and execute through a regulated futures firm. This is how I am doing this throughout 2009, if the financial system is still existing until end of this year......very unlikely, isn`t it ? :))

You can now trade forex micros as well as IBs forex exchange on IB.

You could still use TS for your data although you might switch to something like Sierra Chart that gives you on chart execution with IB. Great programming although slightly less easy than "easy"language.

I'm using Sierra for entry and exit and have automated some parts of that.

I'm actually doing backtesting with Amibroker because its a really good backtesting platform (price of a month TS subscription once) and you can write the tested code so that it is almost exactly the same as the code need for SC and can thus be popped into your live platform as needed.

Amibroker is great for testing and works with IB or exported data from SC ... but I wouldn't trust it for execution ... much better to do that with SC.

brokers with tradestation

who can recomand a reliable broker to trade spotforex , futures, etc. and using tradestation. i would like the option to trade 24 hr. a day becouse i live in hawaii.thanks.

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, and I have found some interesting subjects. Well done T2W :eek:)

However, I do have a question.

Can you get TradeStation to feed directly into a spreadbetting broker when in automated mode?

Wondering if I can get any help. I really like Tradestation, easy language et all. Just don't like the customer care, was thinking of getting a subscription ($250 a month), and getting brokerage (and data feed I presume) from somebody else.

I believe it's possible with IB, but their website confuses the hell out of me (think most of the stuff is irrelevant, but I'm always scared I've missed something and then give up).

Any suggestions and thoughts on the process?

Thnx

Hi Hotch, I saw your message of a couple of years back and was wondering if you sorted something out. I'm in a similar situation. From what I can see having opened an account with I B I can't trade mini contracts as they do not offer leverage - to trade 5 mini's I need $50,000 in the account.. I want to use Tradestation for my charts but need a broker that will trade mini's and get their data through T S.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Hi,

You can use Tradestation for charts and trade your strategy with some brokers. I have some strategies to trade using Tradesation with a different broker. We may share and colloborate.