Flying solo

Cable_Loonie

so first post been a lurker for a while.

im a fx trader in the city, thinking of going alone. anyone taken this path before?

im not interested in millions just enough for a comfortable existance! anyone done it and wished they could go back?

any comments welcome!

Are you cartain about sticking to forex? I'm trying to take futures trading full-time personally. I live in west London.

I would check you can trade as a retail trader. I've heard lots of stories of institution traders finding retail trading difficult because you don't have the edge you get in an institution.

Thanks for your replys

I suppose i would 'spread' my wings in the end but forex is what i know and like.

I have opened a demo account to get a feel only a couple of days in not bad so far

Sign up to Alpari and see how you get on... nearest thing short of DMA, I think.

Either that or some magical Holy Grail indicator that we don't have access to. :D

Any reason you want to go solo? You say you're not too concerned about the money.

As shadow has pointed out, trading forex for an institution or for yourself is a whole different game

Any reason you want to go solo? You say you're not too concerned about the money.

As shadow has pointed out, trading forex for an institution or for yourself is a whole different game

Making money for someone else instead of yourself really, fed up with the constant hours in an office etc...

Its not about making MORE money but being able to trade for myself when I want to.

that and wearing a suit all days sucks!!!! :p

Last edited: