FLOORED-Episode 1

these guys are supposed to be pros right? Some of the stories, risk management and cutting losers? I dunno maybe it's the macho nature of the pits... the bloke with his feet up on the pool table, is that for real? He's gotta be an actor.

Last edited:
of course, we are only seeing a few of the many traders that were out there. if i were making the documentary, i'd also pick the most derailed ones to show. but yeah, the guy you mentioned does seem more like an actor.

of course, we are only seeing a few of the many traders that were out there. if i were making the documentary, i'd also pick the most derailed ones to show. but yeah, the guy you mentioned does seem more like an actor.

I felt quite sorry for him, although I think the idea of being pitied would disgust him.

Re. the whole transition to the evil computer - I think Raschke nailed it when she said it's a matter of Darwinism, you have to adapt to the changing environment.

he is actually how i envisioned the eccentric trader character from fooled by randomness. (i think it was john) he is one of those were i get the feeling that he just had a hell of a good run flipping coins.

i also loved the discussion between the programmer and the trader.

Did you see that comment on the website:

I miss the floor so much I might even buy a disobedient deaf dog and name it "Sold".

:rofl:

Although it's not really about trading, there is a nice, oldish film called "Sweet Charity", starring Alan Alda (Co star of the TV version of "Mash"). He plays a floor trader in the film. I can't remember which city is set in.

i dont know if it exists, but what i would want to see is a documentary about individual traders in asia, especially china. since gambling is against the law, i have heard that many people (read: housewives/ men) resort to the stock market for their gambling needs. of course, the guys from floored dont seem much more sensible but it would still be interesting i think.