Fixed Odds Signal Services

Hi,
I have been trading since January of this year on fixed odds - I hadnt heard of them up until this point and was more experienced in spread betting using various strategies. However, I signed up to CityBeaters and havent looked back since (I certainly havent spread bet since joining!). I have looked at other fixed odds signal providers but I dont think they offer the full service that CityBeaters offer. If you have any problems you can always e-mail Chris or Graeme and they get back to you pretty quickly.
Since trading with a small account I am up £550 since trading seriously in April 2008. If you just let the wins compound and gradually increase your stake you will be fine. Yes, one bad trade can wipe out some of your numerous small wins but the statistics are on your side. You will get far more good trades than bad trades which will offset the vast minority of bad trades. You must be disciplined in use of your trading capital however and dont get tempted to bet more than the percentage you agree at the beginning of your trading account. i.e no more than 10-15% of your trading capital on one bet.

Hope that helps!

Mark

Cheers Mark. I will take a look. Agree money management is pretty paramount with these strategies. The guys at FixedOddsInvestment have some EGuides which I got when subscribing which covered this sort of thing. Discipline and the view that Rome wasn't built in a day are needed with these things. How much do you think you 'pot' has gone up since April? I am just thinking of the gains that could be had combining these signals. ;-)

Hi Leoforex,
My pot started at just under £1000 and I have missed some of the signals - its currently in profit at £558.78. The returns are quite low at around 10-13% but I have only had a couple of losses in between. Some chap on this board was talking about tweaking the return so that you get 9-10% as when there are losses they tend to hit the barrier by just a little.
Its an idea I am currently thinking of of combining two signal providers to give me more signals and to try and get a higher return per month. What do you think of the fixedoddsinvestment chaps?

bomsignals

Hi guys
I have been using bomsignals for about a month now 7 winners , 1 loser.
Showing a small profit which is better than a small loss. I believe that in the long term
could be good.
Stuart

Dear All,

I have used Profitable Fixed-Odds Trading Signals - or your money back ! from last 2-3 weeks now. I'm really amused with the performance. It's really my bad luck that I cann't join betsfortraders that's why i couldn't utilize all the bets. But i still managed to be in profit from using their signals at betonmarkets though I lost some money in testing my own strategy.

I really feel that fixedoddtrading signals has much better return potential than other signal providers. I have compared all 3 major signal providers in the industry past 2 months results.

1. CityBeaters - Total 11 bets( 9 Winner , 2 Looser) - 17% average return per bet. So, you need to win 5-6 bets to cover 1 loss.

2. Fixedoddsinvestment - Total 22 bets (21 Winner, 1 Looser) - 16% average return per bet. You need 5-6 bets to cover 1 loss.

3. Fixedoddstrading(Platinum) - Total 44 bets( 38 Winner, 6 Looser) - 30% average return per bet. You need 3-4 bets to cover 1 loss. This one is strickly for betsfortraders.

Let's say, I had started 2 months back with $1000 and $100 per bet on stake. These would have been returns by following each signal service :

1. City - $953 ($47 loss)
2. Fixedoddinvestment - $1236($236 Profit)
3. Fixedoddstrading(Platinum) - $1540($540 Profit)

Past performance is not a guarantee for future but we can decide that which will give us more profit. Afterall, we are paying for the signals.

Thanks & Regards,
Shivam

Dear All,

Anbody here to answer these questions.

Has anybody tested fixedoddssuccess?? The guy - Matt Shaw, is he just over hyped or he really give you good knowledge or signals for fixed odd betting??

Thanks & Regards,
Shivam

Hi,
I had a free trial with Matt Shaw's service last year - was for two weeks but only had one signal that just made it homke by the skin of its teeth. I did a lot of research on the internet and he didnt get very good feedback. I decided not to continue with his services.
However, I feel for the long run the best service provider is City Beaters. You get updates every night on current bets and if you need any help whatsoever you can just e-mail them and get a quick reply.
I have been thinking of using Financial Fixed Odds Trading but the only thing that stops me is that I used his spread betting signals last year and they were utter rubbish (I thought so anyway)!!

Mark

Hi Shivam,

Not quite sure how you arrived at those figures for the returns on those services. I have made far greater returns on Citybeaters and FixedOddsInvestments than you post. It maybe because I book my results over a calender month.

I checked out FixedOddsTrading and they offer two services. From what you posted it seems that you took their Platinum service rather than the Bronze service which is more or a like for like comparison to the other two services. The latest results I looked at shows them giving 4 trades a month on Bronze of which 3 out of 4 were winners. For the platinum service there were more winners and more losers but this is nearly £100 a month just for email signals. I also noticed that on the Platinum service that several of the bets were essentially the same trade placed on subsequent days... which is great if they come in but could seriously dent your pot if the market swings dramatically on a particular pair or index on which you have the multiple trades open!

Re Matt Shaw. I had a subscription there once and even padding out the trades from the levels sent I had little success in actually making any consistant profits.

Regards,

F

As one of the guys behind CityBeaters I would like to point out that Shivam's assessment of our service is incorrect; the claim that two trades have been lost in the last 2 months is wrong as we have not lost a trade in over 4 months.

This can be verified as we make our public trading record available upon request.

Noobie post for me - hi all. I did a great 10 day run on BetOnMarkets, starting with $250 odd, and grew it into $10 000 in ten days - using flash bets only. I did it with the GBP JPY - and used a manual fibonacci calculation that I had to plug in numbers on every bet. Each day would net me average of 20-30 trades roughly, not all winners obviously.

It was a risky thing. I also featured on the front page for two or three days - with returns of 1000% something. Anyway, I pulled out $2000 and used the rest for risk capital. Whats funny is that on the last day of my trading success (before my account went to zero), is that suddenly I wasnt allowed by them to draw money (which I had done previously) but had to go through a 3-4 day security vetting process, and most of my trades closed out within a pip of my entry. Which was starkly different to the 10 days of trading.

Anyway, it left a sour taste in my mouth with BOM when I had the Group Customer Relations manager email me and tell me that their data is both "misleading and frustrating".

Their flash bets work with such lag (I have logged countless emails/ complaints) that it truly becomes too much of a risk to do properly. I am looking into longer term trades now, but dont have much faith in the integrity of the system.

I am not advertising anything/selling anything/ wanting anything - just thought I would share my experiences.

Good trading, George

Noobie post for me - hi all. I did a great 10 day run on BetOnMarkets, starting with $250 odd, and grew it into $10 000 in ten days - using flash bets only. I did it with the GBP JPY - and used a manual fibonacci calculation that I had to plug in numbers on every bet. Each day would net me average of 20-30 trades roughly, not all winners obviously.

It was a risky thing. I also featured on the front page for two or three days - with returns of 1000% something. Anyway, I pulled out $2000 and used the rest for risk capital. Whats funny is that on the last day of my trading success (before my account went to zero), is that suddenly I wasnt allowed by them to draw money (which I had done previously) but had to go through a 3-4 day security vetting process, and most of my trades closed out within a pip of my entry. Which was starkly different to the 10 days of trading.

Anyway, it left a sour taste in my mouth with BOM when I had the Group Customer Relations manager email me and tell me that their data is both "misleading and frustrating".

Their flash bets work with such lag (I have logged countless emails/ complaints) that it truly becomes too much of a risk to do properly. I am looking into longer term trades now, but dont have much faith in the integrity of the system.

I am not advertising anything/selling anything/ wanting anything - just thought I would share my experiences.

Good trading, George

Wow Grorge, That's really gr8. Congrats for making money using flash bets..I still have no success in flash bets after trying lots of strategies & risk....

Shivam

Hi All,
I currently use fixed odds signals from 3 providers. I have been doing this for about 6 weeks and have been quite profitable.
I risk only 10% of capital per trade and sometimes have had 4 bets current at any one time.
I see this strategy as providing me with a decent monthly return on capital for a cash outlay of around £90 per month (payment for the service).
However, I thought I would throw this open to this forum for debate. Is there a weakness in this strategy. My only reservation is that I could be utilising too much of my capital at any one time (i.e have numerous bets on at the same time) and it could come crashing down around my ears!
If anyone has any thoughts I would like to hear them!

PS Just noticed that Elm Trader (some of whom may have heard of) has come out with a fixed odds service. Has anyone had experience of using these products?

10% per trade is too much to risk. When starting out 1% - 2% is more realistic. This might rise to 4% - 5% when you get more experienced. Also watch out when you have several bets open at once. Be aware that many markets are inter-connected and thus a 10% exposure on four different bets might equate to a much bigger exposure in the overall market context (say for example you were long FTSE, DAX, VOD & Oil or perhaps short EURUSD, GBPUSD & Gold).

Steve.

fixed odds signal services

Hi all.

I am fairly new to this and wondered if anyone has tried any of the signal services? I am so far trialling CityBeaters Financial Fixed Odds Trading Signal Service and FixedOddsInvestment - Trading Signal Service.

Both offer good free trial periods and have been very successful for me so far. I am thinking of subcribing but wondered if anyone else had experience of any other services?

Thanks

Hi visit beton4x : beton4x
They send free intraday signals.
I hear they are testing another very good system for intraday bet that will tyrade only us trading hours.the system will be out next month
Join the group

Hi all,

I stumbled upon this blog about three months back. After exchanging a few mails with the blog owner, I subscribed to his signals for betonmarkets.
Now, after more than 2 months of using this signal service, I can only say AWESOME performance.
Not a single losing trade. In course of two months, I recieved 27 signals, each one winning 15%-35%.
What I like most about this service is the helpfulness and eagerness of the blog writer to help you.
Also, its very cheap on my pocket. After one week free trial, its only 15 dollars per week.

I highly recommend this service. With a free trial, we got nothing to lose.

Hi. Used this service myself. Cheap on the pocket I agree but only had two signals in last two weeks of which one was a 15% trade (so i.e. high stake) which blew out. Now no signals until the New Year so will see what 2010 brings to try to recoup my current loss.

Have been using FixedOddsServices signals, both the free 100% Club and Premium Service. 100% club does ok but is a pretty volatile strategy for the current markets. That having been said, those trades that have lost have been pretty close calls on the whole, so am placing them for a lower return (not the idea of the strategy though but seems to be working!) The Premium service plods along at a dependable pace - not a huge amount of trades due to the markets, but dependable winners nevertheless. :)