First UK rate cut

I must admit that I've had respect for Tar up until I've read through this thread with all the gut feeling crap and I can sense the market b*llocks coupled with I'm gonna take the trade for fun, sounds like a straight gamble to me, and around the news for which you had no clue of the highly anticipated and predicted outcome. Also, NO STOP. you haven't exercised one, you didn't mention one and for that reason made you heavily offside for a gamle. Do you actually listen to anything that is posted on T2W or have you completely ignored everything you've read since you joined and started posting?

Sorry mate, my respect for you has gone straight out the window. Your worse than a newbie with these bad habits in place.

gosseman it ain't that kind of option ;)

Seemed a reasonable gamble to me tbh...

I did it to catch any surprise move from BOE , and it was with the trend , anyway i just closed my option position @ 21.3 = 3 times my risk :)

**** it continued down

DROP BABY DROP

Because it isn't worth it... at least not with a deeply out of the money one.

Better to just let it expire worthless imo :)

Yah , it is only 6.9 pips better than a futures trade with a 6.9 pips stop i would be stopped out in an eye blink

Because it isn't worth it... at least not with a deeply out of the money one.

Better to just let it expire worthless imo :)

Fair enough.

Maybe this time it may pay off for tar but what a gamble, what a gambler. He should post on the sister site....gamblers to win.com or Ihaveagutfeeling.co.uk:LOL:

Fair enough.

Maybe this time it may pay off for tar but what a gamble, what a gambler. He should post on the sister site....gamblers to win.com or Ihaveagutfeeling.co.uk:LOL:

U didnt read that i closed it @ 21.3 = 3 times my risk . U see it as a gamble but the market respected my trade and gave me some profit then gone up 60 pips :)

he wasn't long an option, he was long the spread around the option price. he didn't actually purchase the option.

he wasn't long an option, he was long the spread around the option price. he didn't actually purchase the option.

Yah , this is the exactly spreadbetting and ( forex platforms ) , u r not long pound really u r betting only

Ah, I see.

Even though, when the guy spouts off about the market respecting his trade....you gotta laugh:LOL:

He should try the horses instead.;)

i can kind of understand the trade-buying a teenie in the event of a low probability event but if you're spread bettign around an option price, for me if the 'trade' was placed in the anticipation of an event, then a stop should have been placed in the non-event chopping out for a small loss.

tar-you made money-well done, you've been helped out by gamma and a fairly lucky move in the stocks.....

Ah, I see.

Even though, when the guy spouts off about the market respecting his trade....you gotta laugh:LOL:

He should try the horses instead.;)

Horses no i am not expert at it , only at sterling :)

i can kind of understand the trade-buying a teenie in the event of a low probability event but if you're spread bettign around an option price, for me if the 'trade' was placed in the anticipation of an event, then a stop should have been placed in the non-event chopping out for a small loss.

tar-you made money-well done, you've been helped out by gamma and a fairly lucky move in the stocks.....

My stop was 0 , it is only 6.9 pips , imagine i took a normal trade b4 BOE at sterling with a 3 pips spread and 6.9 pips stop . i would be stopped out in an eye blink , but i took the option @ 6.9 premium price , and i wasnt sure ofcourse but i was bearish on cable and this is the best way 4 me to short sterling at this time especially if u consider the strongly bearish trend for cable ( in the meantime ) , i was lucky yes but i did my homework b4 i took the option .

i guess if you were bearish then fair enough but the decay must have been fairly hefty given the expiry tim.