Finspreads - what a disgrace!

True, I am a pillock. I Called the recent interest rate change to all our clients at unchanged. My new business card will be Chief Economist of Angola!
Fact is i left Finspreads after working there for 4 years on the back of a takeover, and i was proved right. I personally do not care about the directors at IFX whom will make alot of cash from this takeover. They do not care about the dealers at the shop floor level or the clients that have made them worth this amount. Why do you think so many new SB firms have been set up?

I maybe un-professional but i will try my best at WorldSpreads to continue an offering of 1 pip spreads and a better service. That may not be the image that WS portrays but i do my best and if you think i am un-professional please add your comments...

Kind Regards
MarvinS

I think to start with CityIndex will keep things as they are, but will start streamlining certain back office and middle office divisions. The effect will be mid term for clients as Synergies will mean a possible change of names and spreads. It would be impossible for City Index Spreads to compete with Finspreads, therefore an amalgamation of companies will be forced to happen and thus CityIndex will be forced to either re-name its spread betting arm CityFins Index or have a singular name. The directors of City Index may be forced into apporiving a singular name of City index that would be approved by its board of directors and shareholders.
One suspects the primary reasons for City Index taking over Finspreads was for it's significant client base and in order to consoldiate it's market position. If you are a holder of an account at Finspreads I would not worry as spreads and technology will continue to resume for the time being. I would be interested to see any comments that come out from Finspreads in the next few weeks.

Good Luck Finspreads Customers, you have a choice of Capital Spreads/IG index/ Man Spreads/ Cantor index/ deal4 free/ TradeIndex/ WorldSpreads. Make you choice.....

finspreads system does make for simple use but i do not like the way that they seem to make items 'indicative' or 'suspend' at crucial moments!!

eboycleary said:
finspreads system does make for simple use but i do not like the way that they seem to make items 'indicative' or 'suspend' at crucial moments!!

Not to put too fine a point on it, Finspreads is a bloody disgrace when it comes to news release moments. I know there's the old chestnut about 'fast markets', but the level of trade rejections and system downtime with Fins is beyond a joke.

Too right.And what happened this morning on their DAX quotes? About two hours of suspension... not their fault, they say. Never is!

I totally agree with you finspreads are :devilish: .
Name one good thing about them.........................5 years later still not comments........

rav700 said:
I totally agree with you finspreads are :devilish: .
Name one good thing about them.........................5 years later still not comments........

It is indeed a great irony that the headline animated banner for the website called trade 2 win is an ad for the eponymous villain of this thread.

I wonder if the guys from finspreads dealers ever see the posts on this forum

rav700 said:
I wonder if the guys from finspreads dealers ever see the posts on this forum

Probably... and probably are 'laughing all the way to the bank' as the saying goes.

CS and WS both had regular input from their companies when they were small but once they'd boosted their client base and presence into the public domain they have drifted off.

Finspreads are that much bigger and allready have plenty of customers to rip off. :devilish:

The last newsletter I received from fs was full of case studies of successful clients of theirs. An innocent reader would think spreadbetting with finspreads was all rather easy. Mind you the approach was hardly scientific. There was no mention of what percentage of their clients make money, or what percentage have their accounts wiped out.

They probably have lots of punters, satisfied or otherwise.

wasp said:
Probably... and probably are 'laughing all the way to the bank' as the saying goes.

CS and WS both had regular input from their companies when they were small but once they'd boosted their client base and presence into the public domain they have drifted off.

Finspreads are that much bigger and allready have plenty of customers to rip off. :devilish:

As far as I'm aware CS do still reply to questions you pose to them on this forum.

Have you guys made any money out of Fins FT this morning? Well, you should have done, instead of nagging away on here :p

Split

millsy500 said:
Do you trade them split?

I am working when Dow is open, so don't trade it. Have recently started to day trade FTindex in the mornings brecause leaving it on overnight makes me nervous. I have always swing traded FTSE stocks because I like longer term trading, but have found them flat and boring recently, maybe I'm about to get my fingers burnt. If I do, I'll blame myself, not the SB company.

If you want to talk further you can call on "Diary of a Spread Better" or other similar, this one is for those who have a beef with Fins. Let's leave them in peace.

Good trading

Split

not happy with this so called gapping which occured on a recent trade on the very fluid £/$ forex, was gapped out on an order whereby the price move coincided with the release of cpi in usa - is this a common occurance? & i'm lookin @ a finspread advert whilst writing this - the irony of it all!!