Finspreads charts offline

Hi, a bit of a specific and unusual question, but does anyone know how to be able to save charts from Finspreads and view them offline? I've tried saving pages etc but it does seem to work. Thanks!

Hi, a bit of a specific and unusual question, but does anyone know how to be able to save charts from Finspreads and view them offline? I've tried saving pages etc but it does seem to work. Thanks!

You can use a screen-grabber program eg "Fastone" or many others, some of which are free - try Googling it. Or, just do a screendump using "printscreen" key in Windows (dunno about Mac etc etc) which puts picture on the memory clipboard. You can then paste it into any other prog eg Word and process however you like.

I do this for all my trades and keep in a hard copy (+electronic backup) journal along with my plan for the trade and the subsequent assessment & debrief - it's just amazing what you can learn by doing this and its a very good way of picking up recurring faults that are stunting your progress.

You can use a screen-grabber program eg "Fastone" or many others, some of which are free - try Googling it. Or, just do a screendump using "printscreen" key in Windows (dunno about Mac etc etc) which puts picture on the memory clipboard. You can then paste it into any other prog eg Word and process however you like.

I do this for all my trades and keep in a hard copy (+electronic backup) journal along with my plan for the trade and the subsequent assessment & debrief - it's just amazing what you can learn by doing this and its a very good way of picking up recurring faults that are stunting your progress.

You don't need anything more than what you have, already. Press the "printer" button at the bottom. A new chart will appear. Right click and press "copy" on it. Go to "Paint" and bring it on screen. Go to "Edition" and press "paint" or whatever to reproduce. Mine is a Spanish edition, so I'm not sure of the word, which is "Pegar" in Spanish. There you have it.

Save this right away because you can ,then, bring it onscreen and draw as many lines as you like on it. If you don't like what you've done you can scrub it and you always have a fresh chart to bring onscreen , again. If you draw on it, wthout saving, it cannot be altered and you would have to download from Fins, again.

Split

Thanks, good advice. Excuse my typo in the original post, that should have been does not seem to work. I have one of those dongle things that I share with my flatmate, and so this is the need to have some sort of offline reference.

I was thinking away from screendumping, and instead having a 'workable' copy. Would Fastone do that? Basically so that I can get information such as open/close, MACD figures and so on, much in the same way as you do when you roll over with your mouse when you're online. It is as for 'review' purposes as you described 0007, so no need to worry about the lack of hard right edge. It would be excellent if I could find out a way to reproduce it.

Thanks, good advice. Excuse my typo in the original post, that should have been does not seem to work. I have one of those dongle things that I share with my flatmate, and so this is the need to have some sort of offline reference.

I was thinking away from screendumping, and instead having a 'workable' copy. Would Fastone do that? Basically so that I can get information such as open/close, MACD figures and so on, much in the same way as you do when you roll over with your mouse when you're online. It is as for 'review' purposes as you described 0007, so no need to worry about the lack of hard right edge. It would be excellent if I could find out a way to reproduce it.

They do a 30 day trial here: FastStone Screen Capture - The Best Screen Capture Software Its only $20 even if you resort to buying it. so you can't go wrong really.
Been doing all I need for years. (I think "Snaggit" is also another good option - I just started with Fastone because it was free until they "improved" it).