February Competition...

Sorry for the lack of a response folks - busy with the imminent server move. I'll spend some time tomorrow on this, see what I can do.

SHARKY - I SHORTED CFP AT 0.4p NOT 0.25p !!!!!

PLEASE CAN YOU CORRECT COS MY LEAD HAS EVAPORATED!!!!

(Spread was 0.40/0.45 when I shorted the second lot - 1.01pm per your trade time - check the MM spread!!) :( )

Last edited:
Looks like what's happened is that prices reverted back to the prices at 8am this morning for some reason when the trade was made .... ?!?!?

Suggestion for extra statistic

I appreciate you're probably busy with the site move and so on Sharky, but might it be possible to add a few extra statistics to the competition? One statistic that I think might be quite inftersting would be a Drawdown and possibly from this a Risk:Reward statistic - Drawdown would be defined as the maximum loss a position has been in over the course, and Risk:Reward could be calculated from Total Profit/Total Drawdown. Just a suggestion I realise it might be awkward to do and impractical in real terms.

sharky i think you need to give me the 10 points for week 1 ending Friday 4th Feb Dow Contest !
Twiggytwo

Dow Contest

Sharky said:
Sorry for the lack of a response folks - busy with the imminent server move. I'll spend some time tomorrow on this, see what I can do.

Dow contest results for last week please Paul

Sharky,
I recently sold SUB but my profit has been credited as zero.
Is there a problem?

You'll be glad to hear all the reported problems have now been fixed this includes:

ashnbell: ARE stock
Harland: CFP stock
ale: SUB stock
treble4: MDL stock

If you check the portfolios the figures are now correct, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow morning for the rankings to be recalculated.

twiggytwo: results for last week's dow competition are now up on the site.

Volatile: thanks for the suggestion, I'll add it to a list of possible enhancements and then sometime in the future I'll get some more feedback as to what you'd like to see added/changed/enhanced on both the competitions. We'll shortly be doing a survey of what members would like to see in future on the site, and following this review we'll be able to start scheduling in the work to put these into action :D

Thanks for your patience folks - sorry about the delay! :(