Facebook going public - S.B

Skanza

I was just curious to know if S.B companies would offer Facebook when it goes public the same day and time it will go on the stock market?

I'm not very experienced in S.B and still learning, but would S.B companies possibly lose a lot of money if Facebook goes public as a reasonable anticipation is that Facebook shares will rise rapidly.

Therefore S.B companies would be reluctant to add Facebook until may a later date?

Anyone with some experience or insight maybe shed some light on this?

Cheers team.

I was just curious to know if S.B companies would offer Facebook when it goes public the same day and time it will go on the stock market?

I'm not very experienced in S.B and still learning, but would S.B companies possibly lose a lot of money if Facebook goes public as a reasonable anticipation is that Facebook shares will rise rapidly.

Therefore S.B companies would be reluctant to add Facebook until may a later date?

Cheers team.

No I don't think so. Usually there is somebody else at the other side of a trade. If there is an unbalance in the book the SB usually hedge it in the real market.

Cheers team.

Hi Skanza

I would be very suprised with a possible market cap of 75-100bn based on speculation that it would not be added to all spread betting companies who offer either NYS or NAS depending on which it lists. As an example the day it lists we will be adding it to our platform.

Cheers for the replies guys, any more input by others is all welcome, have a small chat about it!

Might be wrong but wasn't the stock betfair available through spreadbetting before it was officially listed?

Another question, will any of you guys be betting on the stock when it goes live?

2-3 days long? Reasonable high probability it will be bullish, maybe not initially, but possibly within the first week a substantial increase may be seen. Wheen Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) went live in 2004, it was offered at $85, opened at $100. Within almost 2 months it was up $80.

Maybe we'll see something similar with Facebook. Investors are hoping to dig deep into shares, but some are weary about the hype. Who knows?

Might be wrong but wasn't the stock betfair available through spreadbetting before it was officially listed?

Yes, there was a market where you could speculate on the price before it was listed.

You can currently speculate on the Facebook market cap. $115-117Bn is the line currently.