Experienced trader wanted (to join hands)

skl

Hi, guys.

I’d like to share some of my thoughts. I am a professional software developer not a trader. Last few months I tried to learn how share market works and create a fully automated computerized day trading system. As I have lack of deep knowledge in financial markets probably I’m not too good at generating new ideas but I am good at picking up the existing strategies, encoding and backtesting them. I was able to test some popular strategies (gaps, Bollinger Bands, MACD crossover etc) and even some internet guru blackboxes (Intraday Trading Strategy - IntraDayTrades Day Trading System). But the outcome is quite disappointing so far. When you test different strategies on number of securities over period of time, the result is about zero . In theory day trading can be automated as it’s not really affected by current market trend. But reality is that different strategies give you approximately same results in bearish 2001, 2002, 2007 and bullish 2005, 2006. So at the moment I decided to stop with testing and get more knowledge about the subject. But soon I understand that it can take few fulltime years to become an educated trader. Not sure I can afford it (family, mortgage etc ). Next idea was to join hands with a professional trader. I believe that two (or more) professionals can work out something valuable.

Now I am looking for a professional or just experienced day trader who has strong wish but has lack of computer knowledge to automate his ideas. What I have to offer:
• 10 years commercial software development experience
• General understanding of how shares work and the ability to pick up and encode ideas for careful testing, examination and optimization.
• Fully automated contemporary framework with the ability to collect real-time and historical data, make decisions based on your instructions (high level programming language) and execute orders with popular brokers (IB, MBT etc). The framework already has most of popular indicators and functionality to backtest and optimized your strategies.
• Historical data (trades, 1 and 5 min bars) for number of instruments.
• Help with installation and set up of the framework at your side.

My target is to create one or few strategies which can be run fully on their own and give your stable low income (5-10% a year from your cash, or more using 2x or 4x margin)
Feel free to PM me if you are interested.

Regards

I think I could be the person you're looking for. I am terrible when it comes to programing. However, I have been trading since the early 90's I don't think my current day trading method could be programmed, However, I have many methods that can be tested and most of them simple that have made me money over the years.

Give me a few days and I give you a PM I think I can make more than your modest (5-10% a year I be looking for well over 20% and more.

Some additions

laptop1, thanks for the answer.

Some additions to the original post.
Please don’t blame me as a novice who wants your system for nothing :). I don’t ask for your “Holy Grail” trading system. As far as I know many traders have less profitable system they don’t use in everyday practice. My idea is to get some extra steady income using one of these.

Please keep in mind that some strategies (like pattern trading) heavily depend on person’s skills and experience and are extremely hard to be automated.

Best regards

How will you manage intellectual property? Once someone gives you their idea, in theory, that's all you need from them. You can make them wear concrete boots and chuck them in the Thames. :D

"How will you manage intellectual property? "

Good question. It's always hard when you deal with the new person, especially over the Internet. I have some good reference letters from people in USA (I am from Australia). I made remote software development for them and never meet them personally.
But the best way is to try and probably post here the results.

Regards

HI

I am a profitable trader. Over 300 percert in 2007. I would like to help you but unfortunately dont have the time. I do however have a ton of courses and programs that might help you. Send me an email. [email protected]