'Evil Knievil', explains how to win at spread betting

"Evil Knievil (otherwise known as Simon Cawkwell) is Britain's most feared bear-raider. A trained accountant (he still does Tom's accounts) he made his name exposing the fiction that were Bob Maxwell's accounts."

Neil, from your link, even if that was his biggest achievement, imo digging up something like that where all others including accounting firms and regulators failed is really something to be proud of.

Too bad he didn't have a closer look at Madoff while he was at it.

(He still needs a diet though) ;)

lots of day trading/spread betting stories in telegraph recently
journalism or marketing campaign?

:whistling

I doubt it, i'll guess mine and Raysors comments are more from remembering about him during the late 90.s early 00's dotcom boom etc
No, it was only about 2 years ago. At a presentation organised by Watson-Mitchell. Evil stood up in the middle of the presentation and started lecturing on accounting standards (I think). Sort of hijacked the meeting. Probably downright rude really, but he was quite entertaining and got away with it.

Looks like he lurks on this tip sheet web site ?
t1ps.com
I am sure he does. The city is still a big club, or rather several clubs, everyone trying to help each other (to a degree). Maybe this is the difference between the short term trading fraternity and stockbrokers. Technical Trading seems to me a very singular business whereas broking relies more on a group mentality. Anyone agree or am I talking a load more ******** as usual?