Eurusd

Now, regarding news, I will be not trading the day of NON FARM EMPLOYMENT CHANGE and BANK HOLIDAY IN BRITAIN and not trade one hour before any important news release coming. What about you?

Not trades for me till now. Enough movement to make some decent profits, but none (Or maybe just one) conditions that would have met my guides.

In 40 minutes I am off.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Now, regarding news, I will be not trading the day of NON FARM EMPLOYMENT CHANGE and BANK HOLIDAY IN BRITAIN and not trade one hour before any important news release coming. What about you?

I've only tried trading NFP Fridays once on a live account and it did not go well, though based on past NFP Fridays that I traded on demo, it is possible to be profitable but I guess prices move so fast that you're likely to experience slippage. I'm not sure if I will avoid trading the next NFP.

I don't trade on U.S. bank holidays. I try not to trade ~30 minutes before a major news release. Price action is usually dull around this time anyway (at least for NY session).

I've only tried trading NFP Fridays once on a live account and it did not go well, though based on past NFP Fridays that I traded on demo, it is possible to be profitable but I guess prices move so fast that you're likely to experience slippage. I'm not sure if I will avoid trading the next NFP.

I don't trade on U.S. bank holidays. I try not to trade ~30 minutes before a major news release. Price action is usually dull around this time anyway (at least for NY session).

Sounds good to me.

B

Because the way we trade everything needs to make sense, during NFP, nothing makes sense to me, so I prefer not to get involved.

B

Because the way we trade everything needs to make sense, during NFP, nothing makes sense to me, so I prefer not to get involved.

Sometimes we get a clear trend to trade off of but most of the time it seems like it's just chaotic. The chart I attached is from May's NFP, back when I was still trading on a demo account. I missed a perfectly good trade at M1 because I was distracted. All I'm saying is that it is possible to trade well on NFP Fridays, that it is possible to get clear price action. Though most of the time price action is swinging too wildly to make any sense of it.

Attachments

• Untitled picture.png
    Untitled picture.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 208
Sometimes we get a clear trend to trade off of but most of the time it seems like it's just chaotic. The chart I attached is from May's NFP, back when I was still trading on a demo account. I missed a perfectly good trade at M1 because I was distracted. All I'm saying is that it is possible to trade well on NFP Fridays, that it is possible to get clear price action. Though most of the time price action is swinging too wildly to make any sense of it.

Keep in mind that what is right for me is not necessary right for others.

Is this before or after the news release? If it is after that is ok in my view.

What I find difficult is before the release (end of Asia and Europe morning), maybe because big money have not a direction yet and waiting for the release.

Keep in mind that what is right for me is not necessary right for others.

Is this before or after the news release? If it is after that is ok in my view.

What I find difficult is before the release (end of Asia and Europe morning), maybe because big money have not a direction yet and waiting for the release.

Ah yes, this is after the release.

Lots of movement but I don't see any favorable setups.

Attachments

• USD Spot.png
    USD Spot.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 231
She goes across the 1.25, with not resistance in her way, then she pulls back to the 1.25. I am sharping my not sure what......

Initial risk 6 pips, I do not take trades if more than 7.

Made 10.9 pips, Slippage in my favour, I like my broker.

Took 6 minutes to make my 2%, but I was attentively watching for 2 hours.

Attachments

• 13-5 1.png
    13-5 1.png
    25 KB · Views: 263
  • results.png
    results.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Hello everyone... So Tuesday was somewhat of a positive day for EUR/USD as we saw the market shift back to "risk on." Surprisingly we did not see all that much of movement considering there were slight hints of Fed easing. This did send the commodity markets, commodity currencies, and most risk assets climb throughout the day. As we saw the Spanish bank bailout did not have the impact expected and the concerns continue to rise in the Euro Zone. So whats next for the pairing?? Where is it headed??

Hello everyone... So Tuesday was somewhat of a positive day for EUR/USD as we saw the market shift back to "risk on." Surprisingly we did not see all that much of movement considering there were slight hints of Fed easing. This did send the commodity markets, commodity currencies, and most risk assets climb throughout the day. As we saw the Spanish bank bailout did not have the impact expected and the concerns continue to rise in the Euro Zone. So whats next for the pairing?? Where is it headed??

Hi Angel

How you? Did you make any trades today?

I trade short time frame, so all that is not taken in considerations, only major news.

What TF do you trade?

Ok, I am done for the day.

I probably missed a couple of trades. But one good trade for me is enough.

Waiting patiently for something to trade.

Attachments

• USD Spot.png
    USD Spot.png
    13 KB · Views: 205
Double bottom formed as the bears tried to crack the 20 level twice and failed. I was shaken out early. This trade would've made target but my stop was one pip too tight. :(

Attachments

• USD Spot.png
    USD Spot.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 237
I let emotion take over and convince me that resistance at the 60 level is strong enough to ruin my trade, making me bail out minutes before the trade makes target.

Attachments

• USD Spot.png
    USD Spot.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 221
Took at DD here though I probably should've have waited for a SB since there is a bit of cluster to the left. Prices pull back and test the earlier bull flag but they stall for awhile before hitting the 80 level. My entry slipped by a pip so I get skittish at 81 and close out about 2 pip early. I was tempted to close out earlier because I was getting hungry. I think I'll take a short break and refuel; I don't think trading on an empty stomach is a good idea.

Attachments

• USD Spot.png
    USD Spot.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 243
I could not pass up this double doji setup. Nice trend move and pullback, with prices testing a former resistance level to the left. Two dojis form, relatively compressed. I guess I should have given more weight to the 1.2600 level when deciding whether or not to take this trade.

I think I am done for day. I haven't managed my trades very well today and it shows. Only a 0.3 pip profit despite a strong trend.

Attachments

• USD Spot.png
    USD Spot.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 267
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    13.1 KB · Views: 205
I could not pass up this double doji setup. Nice trend move and pullback, with prices testing a former resistance level to the left. Two dojis form, relatively compressed. I guess I should have given more weight to the 1.2600 level when deciding whether or not to take this trade.

I think I am done for day. I haven't managed my trades very well today and it shows. Only a 0.3 pip profit despite a strong trend.

A no losing day is a good day