European Top Trader Championship

reddragon

Hi all,
In the August 2005 edition of Traders' magazine they give the results for this
competition. Over the 3 month period the first three obtained the following %age
gains - 60.38% 55.45% 45.08%.
Any views ??? :cool:

Entertaining reading, it looks like a right shoddy competition.....clerical errors, winners not willing to continue to the next round etc etc!!! :p

It all depends how they got there. No use being 90% down at one stage to end up at +60% for example. Competitions inspire too much risk taking in order to win something artificial, too dangerous to take high risks in real life trading.

rog1111

reddragon said:
Hi all,
In the August 2005 edition of Traders' magazine they give the results for this
competition. Over the 3 month period the first three obtained the following %age
gains - 60.38% 55.45% 45.08%.
Any views ??? :cool:

These games are for those who lack the gonads to put real money on the line or for those testing a system. The reality is that these gamers come unstuck and fail when real money is at stake on any of the exchanges. But if they are happy, well, let them play among themselves. :)

Neil: The Competition is a real money trading contest where the contestants open up an account with a brokerage firm with their own money.From what I can remember of this competition, it's run by some Italian brokerage or bank where the eventual winner has the opportunity to become a Fund Manager. I also recall that the all time record for this comp was something like 1700% by some Italian trading the futures market.

Nums

Numspar

numspar said:
Neil: The Competition is a real money trading contest where the contestants open up an account with a brokerage firm with their own money.From what I can remember of this competition, it's run by some Italian brokerage or bank where the eventual winner has the opportunity to become a Fund Manager. I also recall that the all time record for this comp was something like 1700% by some Italian trading the futures market.

Nums

Real money in a brokerage firm? Then my comments clearly do not refer to these traders. I thought the "games" included those where no real money was at stake in the markets or it involved individuals gambling against each other as opposed to trading the markets. Thanks for your input Numspar. :)