ETX Capital

Does anyone know where the countdown to next candle option has gone? I can't see it anywhere. Or does anyone know if it's been removed? Crossing fingers it hasn't.

Hi, this is Mic from ETX; the countdown to the next candle is being worked on and I hope to have this feature available from next week.

Hi, this is Mic from ETX; the countdown to the next candle is being worked on and I hope to have this feature available from next week.

Thanks for responding and for the information. Here's to hoping the option is in an obvious place!

Not had a look but read somewhere that the advanced charts look the same as he basic charts but have more functionalit, indicators etc.

These new charts now have no tick charts, and you cant create your own indicators anymore. I would say these new replacement charts have reduced about 80% of the choice you had with the other platform. Maybe they just want noobs that can only press buy and sell buttons now? I don't get these spreadbetting firms, they have something that works then take it away and replace it with less.....shame.

It gets worse, the trading platform is 'Flash' powered. You can't customise anything, not even fib levels, you have to go back to your drawing tool and try and stop it from redrawing every time you then click on the chart, nightmare, quite amatuarish. Back to IG?

Last edited:
Not had a look but read somewhere that the advanced charts look the same as he basic charts but have more functionalit, indicators etc.

i think that a fair summary. just had a look, both the basic and advanced chart look nice, easy on the eye too.

though a bit disappointed in the actual functionality. the current charts are independent of each other and don't interact like it-financial charts. ie one cannot now open multiple time frame charts of the same instrument, follow say a 5 min chart, where you pointed on that chart would be followed in all the time frames. know not what they called it in it-finance speak, but in tradestation speak it's called the global curser. it-finance had a crude effort, but it worked. now we have none, gone! :(

I was going to give them another go, but it doesn't sound too promising.

Mr Swan? Doesn't he work for CMC now?

I was going to give them another go, but it doesn't sound too promising.

Mr Swan? Doesn't he work for CMC now?

Ye he does, and I was on to him from the start, he's the Head Ass Clingon cleaner/Peters Personal Rim Boy. At least he got a job for all his efforts to de-rail any sensible questions, because it was clear he couldn't trade for a living, maybe he can stop raiding bins outside shops to eat now....

These new charts now have no tick charts, and you cant create your own indicators anymore. I would say these new replacement charts have reduced about 80% of the choice you had with the other platform. Maybe they just want noobs that can only press buy and sell buttons now? I don't get these spreadbetting firms, they have something that works then take it away and replace it with less.....shame.

Agree entirely - this is a serious downgrade. A pity cos, in my opinion, IT-Finance (Advanced) Charts were a big attraction in keeping me at eTX. I have contacted eTX a couple of times and they assure me my complaints / suggestions are being passed on to the production team. (Not holding my breath) I cannot see them providing any indicator / backtesting coding facility for us users in the near future. I'm a relative "noob" (!) but I have spent some time writing my own indicators and flags and I assume a lot of eTX users are similarly disenchanted - in fact I'm a bit surprised the forums aren't steaming with complaints.

At a more trivial level, I reported that Monday's pivot point data from the new charting software were markedly different than provided by the "Advanced Charts". Reason: the new software based it's daily pivot data on the 2 hours of trading that took place on the Sunday evening (making it worthless in my opinion!) whereas the Advanced Charts (sensibly) conflated Friday's data with the Sunday evening. That's easy to change - let's see if that get's done by next Monday!!

Now I have to decide whether to go to Metatrader or find another free charting site offering IT-Finance Charts - any suggestions?
Happy trading

IG offer the IT-Finance Pro Charts but as long as you make a couple of trades or they charge you, lol, but I found them more unreliable than ETX though, so unless ETX re-introduce their advanced charts for the TA traders amongst us and keep the 'buy/sell' flash platform based effort for the noobs I can see many customers walking...

The new charts are absolutely pants and similar to the Cap Spreads which are bad also. I have made a complaint to my "account executive" at ETX and believe everyone else should also make a complaint.

Their was nothing wrong with the advanced charts unless I can only think they were costing ETX to much and they have decided to trim their costs!:mad:

The new charts are absolutely pants and similar to the Cap Spreads which are bad also. I have made a complaint to my "account executive" at ETX and believe everyone else should also make a complaint.

Their was nothing wrong with the advanced charts unless I can only think they were costing ETX to much and they have decided to trim their costs!:mad:

Aren't the new charts pathetic? I had to make the switch today and ended up very frustrated. Agree that we should all moan like hell to our "account executive" and that the only reason is surely for eTX to save money. I hope they lose more in lost clients.

In the meantime, I came across ProRealTime

ProRealTime : Real Time Technical Analysis Software

who provide end-of-day charts for free and, guess what, they use IT-Finance charts so all of my code for indicators etc drops straight in. Now this isn't ideal (in that it's only end-of-day) but it helps fill part of the gap whilst I search for a better combination of platforms.

Hi

Knowledge to Action have a charity foundation called the Flying Trader. It supports children's charities in the UK and South Africa. ETX were one of the sponsors for the foundation and we were very proud to be a part of it.

Part of the foundations work is to have trading days and the sponsors of the charity are promoted on the polo shirts.

Thanks, Rob

Are you still very proud to be associated with Greg Secker and his company?

m.guardian.co.uk

Are you still very proud to be associated with Greg Secker and his company?

m.guardian.co.uk

Lol - you're relentless.

This forum is for people like you to make contact with people like me so that I can help you understand things a bit better from our side of the fence and also keep you in touch with developments that you may find useful.

Why do you think other spread betting companies turn away from here?

I am happy to talk about ETX, I always have been. But I don't see the point you're trying to make.

You seem to have a problem with either Greg or ETX. If it's Greg, then take it up with Greg. If it's ETX then say what you're problem is so I can answer you.

Comments like "Are you still very proud to be associated with Greg Secker and his company?" are just daft. Keep it relevant and interesting and you may find you get a more positive reaction instead of people like me just ignoring you.

Rob

Lol - you're relentless.

This forum is for people like you to make contact with people like me so that I can help you understand things a bit better from our side of the fence and also keep you in touch with developments that you may find useful.

Why do you think other spread betting companies turn away from here?

I am happy to talk about ETX, I always have been. But I don't see the point you're trying to make.

You seem to have a problem with either Greg or ETX. If it's Greg, then take it up with Greg. If it's ETX then say what you're problem is so I can answer you.

Comments like "Are you still very proud to be associated with Greg Secker and his company?" are just daft. Keep it relevant and interesting and you may find you get a more positive reaction instead of people like me just ignoring you.

Rob

You said you were very proud to be associated with him, I'm simply asking if that's still the case in light of this article. As for other SB companies turning away from here so what? We actually need fewer people like you here, not more.