ETX Capital

Still waiting a reply from Rob... has he deserted this forum?

Hi Paul
I wouldn't desert you, I've got a thicker skin than most ;)

Our Head of Client Services, NicK Dunn called you and left a message on your voice mail to call him back. He also sent you an email requesting the same but as yet we've had no further contact from you.

We defo accept CO-OP Visa debit cards. We'll need you to call us and we'll try and process a payment together.

Let me know how you get on. We'll get to the bottom of it.

Thanks, Rob

Too many awkward questions about slippage and their links to Secker.

PBoyles

I'm not Greg's spokesperson, I've told this forum before that I cannot talk about specific individuals - It's really really really simple, Whatever you want to know about Greg, you're going to need to ask him.

Positive slippage is applied on Indicies, Stocks and Commodities on gaps in previous days closing prices and opening prices. Not on FX.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Rob

Hi Paul
I wouldn't desert you, I've got a thicker skin than most ;)

Our Head of Client Services, NicK Dunn called you and left a message on your voice mail to call him back. He also sent you an email requesting the same but as yet we've had no further contact from you.

We defo accept CO-OP Visa debit cards. We'll need you to call us and we'll try and process a payment together.

Let me know how you get on. We'll get to the bottom of it.

Thanks, Rob

Thanks, Rob. I've definitely had nothing from ETX, neither email or voicemail. Strange, because I'm getting your monthly account statements without any problems.
I;m pretty busy at the moment dealing with my main cliant, who has ordered 3 special servers with all the software etc pre-installed, I'll get back to you next week.

Thanks for the reply.

It's gone quiet and I'm still waiting for a reply....

Why do you use an SB company? Seems to me that if you trade several contract sizes a broker would serve your purpose better. The trade would go straight to the exchange and the stops would be held there, too. That would safeguard your interests, in the event of a broker's site crashing.

Is there an idiots guide somewhere that explains the differences between using a broker and a SB platform?

Thanks

Looks like ETX have dropped their £250 cashback deal. Shame, still have Worldspreads £300 to play with.

Why do you use an SB company? Seems to me that if you trade several contract sizes a broker would serve your purpose better. The trade would go straight to the exchange and the stops would be held there, too. That would safeguard your interests, in the event of a broker's site crashing.
Well this is not entirely true. If a SB site goes down the stops will still be honored. A site goes down, this happens to DMA brokers sites as well. But I agree on the part that larger size should be placed at DMA. Maybe he is after the tax free.:)

Well this is not entirely true. If a SB site goes down the stops will still be honored. A site goes down, this happens to DMA brokers sites as well. But I agree on the part that larger size should be placed at DMA. Maybe he is after the tax free.:)

Yes, that's true. I have had site crashes and had no trouble with stops. I was more curious as to why, with the questions he asks, that seem to involve large amounts of money, he uses SB.

As you say, it may be for tax purposes, but tax avoidance has its limits. Make money on a regular basis and there will be income questions from the taxman, sooner or later, so I have heard.

As an afterthought to your post, though, I have an account with IB and (it's a long time since I read the blurb) they do not guarantee trailing stops because they hold them as a client service, but unguaranteed because the exchange won't accept them. That means, to me, that the exchange is a safer place to have stops posted than any broker or SB company.

Last edited:
Hi

Knowledge to Action have a charity foundation called the Flying Trader. It supports children's charities in the UK and South Africa. ETX were one of the sponsors for the foundation and we were very proud to be a part of it.

Part of the foundations work is to have trading days and the sponsors of the charity are promoted on the polo shirts.

Thanks, Rob

Proud? So you should be.

KnowledgeToAction Traders University - Scam Course?: Knowledge to Action Trader's University - is there a scam?

Does anyone know where the countdown to next candle option has gone? I can't see it anywhere. Or does anyone know if it's been removed? Crossing fingers it hasn't.

Does anyone know where the countdown to next candle option has gone? I can't see it anywhere. Or does anyone know if it's been removed? Crossing fingers it hasn't.

When I rang I was told there wasn`t one, CS person didn`t sound too confident though.

When I rang I was told there wasn`t one, CS person didn`t sound too confident though.

Thanks for the info. Have also sent them a mail. Will post if I hear any different. Think IG Index have the feature might move to them if that's the case.