ETX Capital

and mine.... What are `stale prices`?

Hi Encantador

Apologies for the delay in answering your question, I was in sunny Munich yesterday.

A price is derived from a blend of sources in the underlying market. We will take the middle of the best bids and offers, put our spread around it and publish that rate.

Our blend is lightning fast but like all pricing engines it relies on getting prices. We will set up each product with a different profile for pricing. For example in a product that is very liquid and has huge volumes of business such as EURUSD our pricing engine will receive lots of updates very frequently. We may set our EURUSD profile to alert us if there has not been an update for 15 seconds, the system will then default to putting that product on 'telelephone' only trading. Once we receive a price update then the system will automatically put the product back on to live online trading.

For the less liquid pairs for example the system may only search for a price update once every 2 minutes. These are the most likely occassions where we will be publishing a price online that has failed to keep up with price movements in the underlying market - this is what i consider to be a stale price.

Depending on the magnitude of the difference will determine the outcome between us and the client. But we've ALWAYS been fair, and we take most differences on the chin , but not the big ones.

Hope that helps

Best, Rob

Well its just that you were putting someone down the other day by saying their claimed returns were ridiculous yet ETXs promotional partners claim to be doing even better than that. Would you care to comment on the claims made here? For example 'made enough to pay off the course in one day', 'doubled my account', 'making 4000 a month' and all after a short forex course.

Success stories | Forex Graduate - Knowledge to Action

Hmm...nope, wasn't putting him down, I pointed out the glaring pathological inconsistencies in his bizarre claims. His forum 'audit trail' nailed him.

As for Greg Secker and his course perhaps there is a small percentage of his students that do become successful, IMHO you'd be best keeping your hands in your pockets and dyor for years but hey..wtf..were all different..I'm not that ar5ed tbh, but you crack on with this latest mission of yours mate..knock yourself out..:)

Hmm...nope, wasn't putting him down, I pointed out the glaring pathological inconsistencies in his bizarre claims. His forum 'audit trail' nailed him.

As for Greg Secker and his course perhaps there is a small percentage of his students that do become successful, IMHO you'd be best keeping your hands in your pockets and dyor for years but hey..wtf..were all different..I'm not that ar5ed tbh, but you crack on with this latest mission of yours mate..knock yourself out..:)

Good luck with yours too.

Sorry I'll rephrase that. What is the link between Knowledge to Action and ETX? I ask because their staff seem to be wearing ETX logos on their polo shirts in a recent video they posted.

Hi

Knowledge to Action have a charity foundation called the Flying Trader. It supports children's charities in the UK and South Africa. ETX were one of the sponsors for the foundation and we were very proud to be a part of it.

Part of the foundations work is to have trading days and the sponsors of the charity are promoted on the polo shirts.

Thanks, Rob

Come on guys, you know I can't talk about specific individuals or firms that may or may not have a relationship with ETX. How would you feel if I started discussing your private business on a public forum?

If you want to know what Greg Secker does or doesn't do with ETX or any other company then you're going to need to ask him I'm afraid.

Our website lists our Directors and the ownership of the company is readily available online.

This isn't a defensive post by any means.. I've told you already I'm open about our business and will answer all relative questions, but individuals can't be discussed.

Thanks, Rob

Hi Encantador

Apologies for the delay in answering your question, I was in sunny Munich yesterday.

A price is derived from a blend of sources in the underlying market. We will take the middle of the best bids and offers, put our spread around it and publish that rate.

Our blend is lightning fast but like all pricing engines it relies on getting prices. We will set up each product with a different profile for pricing. For example in a product that is very liquid and has huge volumes of business such as EURUSD our pricing engine will receive lots of updates very frequently. We may set our EURUSD profile to alert us if there has not been an update for 15 seconds, the system will then default to putting that product on 'telelephone' only trading. Once we receive a price update then the system will automatically put the product back on to live online trading.

For the less liquid pairs for example the system may only search for a price update once every 2 minutes. These are the most likely occassions where we will be publishing a price online that has failed to keep up with price movements in the underlying market - this is what i consider to be a stale price.

Depending on the magnitude of the difference will determine the outcome between us and the client. But we've ALWAYS been fair, and we take most differences on the chin , but not the big ones.

Hope that helps

Best, Rob

It does, thank you.

Do I require a minimum deposit with ETX or can i trade without a deposit as someone told me no capital is required to starte live trading? They do recommend £100 to start off with?

Do I require a minimum deposit with ETX or can i trade without a deposit as someone told me no capital is required to starte live trading? They do recommend £100 to start off with?

Morning Pipsaholic

There is no minimum deposit required to open an account with ETX. You can actually open an account with zero funds though you won't be able to deal until you have posted the necesary margin.

Our current promotion is a £250 safety net. We will refund any losses you have on your account after 10 working days of the account being opened up to a maximum of £250.

Have a good day

Rob

I would love to trade with ETX, I was doing so up until a couple of years ago, and I loved their trading platform, until I changed my Bank. Now they won't accept my Co-operative Bank Visa debit card for payments, I'm told I have to do a Bank transfer. This takes far too long, can be up to 4 days. They refuse to change their rules. Ridiculous, I've used the same card all over the UK and Europe without any problems.
Meanwhile Capital Spreads are happy to let me use my card.

I would love to trade with ETX, I was doing so up until a couple of years ago, and I loved their trading platform, until I changed my Bank. Now they won't accept my Co-operative Bank Visa debit card for payments, I'm told I have to do a Bank transfer. This takes far too long, can be up to 4 days. They refuse to change their rules. Ridiculous, I've used the same card all over the UK and Europe without any problems.
Meanwhile Capital Spreads are happy to let me use my card.

Hi Paul

Long time no speak.. hope you're well.

My Head of Client Services, Nick Dunn is going to call you to find out why you've been unable to fund your account.

I can't understand why anybody here would tell you that a Co-op VIsa Debit card is not accepted by us. I can assure you that it is.

As before, you've got my direct number, if you have any problems phone me, we'll get them resolved.

Look forward to seeing you back here again soon.

All the best, Rob.

These boys tried to slip me me for $3 on a gold position. The girl on the phone said the market had slipped $3 in 1 second. Argued with me for a bit. I asked her what chart she was looking at. She went away and came back and said it did look unfair. I heard some guy shouting in the background. She said she would refund it as a gesture of goodwill(!) even though the market had never gone there. No apology.

Pretty pathetic.

(yeah, you read that right, their quote dropped 3 dollars, not 3 cents, 3 whole dollars, no news, just trading).

Hi Paul

Long time no speak.. hope you're well.

My Head of Client Services, Nick Dunn is going to call you to find out why you've been unable to fund your account.

I can't understand why anybody here would tell you that a Co-op VIsa Debit card is not accepted by us. I can assure you that it is.

As before, you've got my direct number, if you have any problems phone me, we'll get them resolved.

Look forward to seeing you back here again soon.

All the best, Rob.

Apparently it flags up on your software as an Electron card and your accounts can't handle that. I'm looking at it now and it definitely is a Visa Debit, no mention of Electron on it.

Paul

Looking at the post above yours, maybe you've had a lucky escape, I''ve heard of bad slippage, but that is outright manipulation.

Paul

Looking at the post above yours, maybe you've had a lucky escape, I''ve heard of bad slippage, but that is outright manipulation.
I am surprised you're still around.:)
Quick to make judgement as usual, I think all the facts must be presented before making this kind of strong statement.

I had no problems with ETX when I was using them, their charting package was the best around at the time, their executions were done in less than a second most times, and their spreads were equal to or, in some cases, better than those of their competitors, which is why I was sorry to leave them. And they gave me a free introduction to TWP, which was very rewarding to a newcomer like me.

I am surprised you're still around.:)
Quick to make judgement as usual, I think all the facts must be presented before making this kind of strong statement.

You need to get a life my friend, try trading for real instead of trolling these boards looking to put your noob non-trading point across. Dollars slippage and yet you still err on the side of the sb companies, what a t0sser! We won the war remember, and that was both of them, we didn't stay neutral and scared as you are now here.. :LOL:

You need to get a life my friend, try trading for real instead of trolling these boards looking to put your noob non-trading point across. Dollars slippage and yet you still err on the side of the sb companies, what a t0sser! We won the war remember, and that was both of them, we didn't stay neutral and scared as you are now here.. :LOL:

"Two World Wars and one World Cup"

Boring, mostly chanted by skinhead fascists who would have run a mile if they'd been called to fight for their country.

Recently some of your posts have sounded quite measured and sane, but you must have had another bad day, TS? If you read Gle's posts you'll see that he just tries to look at both sides of an argument. He's also been trading for a lot longer than most here, including yourself, I think.

You didn't win any war, not even a battle, the only thing you are after is confrontation, not a creative discussion about trading issues. People like you almost always end up leaving the forum or being thrown out on grounds of constant harassment and abuse.