eTrade - restricting cash transfers?

CodeWrecker

Just saw on Bloomberg TV the commentary re: eTrade. Citi analyst wrote there's 15% chance of bankruptcy and a run on the bank. Problems mainly due to mortgage arm and informal SEC enquiry.
Called my UK account officer to transfer all cash out (shoot first, ask questionsa later when this type of allegation surfaces), First request was acknolwedged and no questions asked, as before (some month ago t/ferred 5 times this amount out). Agreed to £30 fee to get money out same day by 15h00 (CHAPS transfer limit).
Got call back 15 minutes later to say they could not action request as they need from their system an interest estimate for activity over past month (I didn't trade with them over past 30 days - so BS excuse). Could only get this data later this afternoon after close for same day transfers.
I said you've got time until 15h00 - they said close-off was earlier. Never was told other time than 15h00 before.
Anyway, it seems there's no money in eTrade to go out - time to vacate the ship until storm blows over, if at all.
I started t/ferring money out from eTrade when they set up a bank operation some time ago - feel vindicated now.