ES EMINI Trading - The gap and others

I use candles but don't look at the formations. I wasn't trying to be pedantic but trying to illustrate that you see different things in different timeframes. Each to their own. In any event, I don't think it was a double bottom judging by the lack of action up until now..........

hi,
Just been flicking thru the last 10 pages to get the general drift and eating dinner with the other hand.
Someone did ask which gap you guys are trading but I must have missed the answer if there was one ??

I place limit order at the previous day's RTH close. If it doesn't fill by end of RTH then I close the position at the market about 5 mins before close.

If you're trading on a 5min timeframe you won't be swing trading then and much I would say will not make sense. I have a 200 period MA but I look at that on 1d chart :)

the mighty 200, works so well :) i use it on forex and works well too, EMA tho SMA is just as good

thx
I am assuming you are betting the opposite way
Can't guess what RTH stands for tho
round the horn ?

LOL - Regular Trading Hours

Yes - Say ES closed at 4.00pm at 1165 when the equity markets closed and when the equity markets open the following morning, it had moved down to 1160 through pre-market shennanigans, I would go long at the market, trying to get as close to 1160 as possible at open with a limit order of 1165 to exit when the gap had closed.

You guys seem to rate the fundamentals in a big way

The US unemployment figs are due out at 12.30 GMT
Previous 457k
expected 452k

ok so are you expecting a jump or is it priced in ?

Last edited:
You guys seem to rate the fundamentals in a big way

The US unemployment figs are due out at 12.30 GMT
Previous 457k
expected 452k

ok so are you expecting a jump or is it priced in ?

I do but I use it in context with price action as well. I'm still developing as a trader and can only tell you that it's a bit of a black art and has more to do with hunches than anything clear cut.

The basic question I ask myself is "Do the main market participants believe the ES is under/over valued at certain levels?"

BTW - I'm still long from yesteray's double bottom.

aversano,

Is there any amount of time you typically see the gap filled or could it occur thru-out the RTH?:innocent: