ES EMINI Trading - The gap and others

Short at 1139.00.
-------------------------
It has been taking quite a while....

Last edited:
Am short 1138.5 for a gap close. No swing trading today unless it tests January's high and then I'll be short for a little ride down.

It tested friday's close pre-market. I reckon it will test it again but might take a bit of time as it drifts around.

Maybe it won't. Who knows really eh?

I had my eyes set on 1140 but couldn't risk the gap closing without me. Therefore 1139

Robster, I noticed that you have a thread on algorithmic trading.
I developed a system that traded stocks based on EMA's cross overs and timed the entries by T&S. Spent more than a year doing that only to realize that I am better off trading by myself.... :(

Robster, I noticed that you have a thread on algorithmic trading.
I developed a system that traded stocks based on EMA's cross overs and timed the entries by T&S. Spent more than a year doing that only to realize that I am better off trading by myself.... :(

The story goes along the lines of:

• Trading friend tells me it is entirely possible to build system to trade profitably
  • Lurk around here and read stuff
  • Start building system and post question
  • Get lots of advice and continue to build the app
  • Realise that I should learn to trade so I can program things back into the system
  • Start to understand that trading price only is where it's at
  • Start to outperform system and move from demo to live trading
  • Never looked back.............

The story goes along the lines of:

• Trading friend tells me it is entirely possible to build system to trade profitably
  • Lurk around here and read stuff
  • Start building system and post question
  • Get lots of advice and continue to build the app
  • Realise that I should learn to trade so I can program things back into the system
  • Start to understand that trading price only is where it's at
  • Start to outperform system and move from demo to live trading
  • Never looked back.............
Looks like it has a happy ending

Rich, it's a process, I came a long way from analyzing market data feeds and creating programs to support the FIX API..... or have I not... time will tell.

Today's trade was definitely not according to plan. I deserved to pay my fine to the market. My only mistake was to wait for a lower low.
Common March, shed some light on me.

Discipline required. If it's any consolation I was very tempted to take the short too but.