enjoy it LIKE BECKHAM!

fazalv

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has confirmed striker Michael Owen will move to Real Madrid.
The deal is believed to involve Liverpool getting £8m for 24-year-old England international Owen plus midfielder Antonio Nunez from Real.

"Michael will have a medical with Madrid before the deal is completed," said Benitez.

"I was very happy with Michael and I wanted him to stay. The problem was he only had a year left on his contract."

He added: "Real Madrid started talking with his agent and in the end it was an impossible situation to control.

"The money from his sale will be used to balance the team.

"We still have good forwards here and a good team. We did our best to keep him but, as I say, in the end it was a difficult situation for us."

A good move for young Micheal at a good point in his career. In theory, Real Madrid should enjoy his best years. He may have gone stale at Liverpool, now he is playing in a higher profile team who are more likely to challenge for top honours.

.......The Woodgate move was a bit of a surprise - although he is a top player on a par with Rio Ferdinand. Just ask any Leeds fans how good their defence was when Woodgate & Ferdinand played together!

Beckham and Owen must rate Woodgate highly.

Robson has fallen out with Shearer - plain to see and to numb the blow they have bid for Rooney.

Its interesting that man utd have moved for Rooney.

All that talk in the paper yesterday that they were'nt interested eh!

real madrid already has tons of players like beckham himself... don't know how Owen will fit in there

coolcola said:
real madrid already has tons of players like beckham himself... don't know how Owen will fit in there

Look at the dates my good man, this was last year!

Owen plays from Real now but will probably be back in the Premiership soon....