Elliott Wave EUR/USD

I will say it here to help you Ian......You did type a reply after I called you you a bot, so I am sorry, because I say now that you are live........

Sorry for the bashing Ian..........Elliott Wave Theory is not really that difficult..............If you are having a hard time with it then I would suppose that you had a bad teacher................if you or Anyone else is interested then I will gladly teach ya'll what I know.............

Sorry for the bashing Ian..........Elliott Wave Theory is not really that difficult..............If you are having a hard time with it then I would suppose that you had a bad teacher................if you or Anyone else is interested then I will gladly teach ya'll what I know.............

??

Hard time? Nope... First I've written a book on it. Then corrected it with the book coming out next month. The original is wrong. Full stop. I've corrected it and provides me with much better and more accurate forecasts.

I believe that this week it will stop at about the 1.4245 (which will be tonight). That is on my radar because the Euro just made a clean five waves down. I do agree with Ian that the major top is above the 1.4425 but in the longer term I believe that the Euro is going to collapse...........Although trying to trade long term forex will get you wiped out.

Attachments

• 04_03_2011_5_minute.png
    04_03_2011_5_minute.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 156
I'll go with 1.4283 today, a pullback to 1.4188-00 and later this week a move to around 1.4347-60. This is a lower target than the 1.4429 area I had anticipated since Friday provoked a different structural implication. The 1.4347-60 area should provide a much deeper correction but probably not below 1.4020...

There again Ian I agree with you. What everyone needs to realize is that all markets are fractals.......Markets are always making highs and lows whether they are 5 minute, hours, days, weeks or even longer..........I have Elliott Wave charts for currencies that I have posted since 1978......I will repost them on request.......Anyway,,,,, I think you are a good Elliottician Ian and I do have to go with the recharting myself sometimes.........Like now,,,,,,,,,I thought we would have a pullback last week,,,,,,,but it looks like this this week......

Hi Guys
I would like to join you if I may. New to trading (year +) I trade the eur/usd using trendlines/stochs/donchian channels. Recently, I have been reading on elliot and gann along with harmonic patterns.

With elliott, when does a wave begin or end? I use a zigzag which plots the highs etc., so I can see them on all the different timeframes, what process is involved in determining this?

Well, JahDave uses traditional EW while I use a modification which I call Harmonic Elliott Wave as I find it generates far stronger wave relationships. So from my perspective I use actual price action as sometimes (perhaps invariably) the swing highs/lows don't give you the correct wave starts/ends. For when a wave begins/ends I will suggest you start with a monthly chart and work your way down. Everything is fractal and each lower degree must fit into the next higher. Once you drill down the structure tells you when it has ended and then what to expect... In Harmonic Elliott Wave it also requires wave targets generated from the structures across wave degrees to be in the same sort of area. By doing this the accuracy increases.

Sure you can join this discussion Targus,

I have studied Elliott Wave Theory now for 5 years and I also use other technical indicators to support my wave counts. Please read and continue to learn because that is what I am always doing. Ian is a very good chartist and I am learning from his input and I hope he is learning from mine. My current observation is that we are in a topping process for the EUR_USD, AUD_USD, NZD_USD,GBP_USD(but longer than the rest). Anyway the result is the USD is getting ready to go on a buying binge within the next several months. But it is not quite there yet. Personally, from a long term perspective I think on the whole it will be corrective rather than impulsive, but that will take 5 or 10 years to see.

Sure you can join this discussion Targus,

I have studied Elliott Wave Theory now for 5 years and I also use other technical indicators to support my wave counts. Please read and continue to learn because that is what I am always doing. Ian is a very good chartist and I am learning from his input and I hope he is learning from mine. My current observation is that we are in a topping process for the EUR_USD, AUD_USD, NZD_USD,GBP_USD(but longer than the rest). Anyway the result is the USD is getting ready to go on a buying binge within the next several months. But it is not quite there yet. Personally, from a long term perspective I think on the whole it will be corrective rather than impulsive, but that will take 5 or 10 years to see.

Hi JahDave and Ian ,

Can you please repost ur most updated chart again? =x Thanks!

Hi JahDave and Ian ,

Can you please repost ur most updated chart again? =x Thanks!

Here is my Euro day chart. It is beginning the topping process and it may take a while for this to happen or it could be quick. My best guess is that it will top around the 1.42 area.

Attachments

• 04_06_2011_Day.png
    04_06_2011_Day.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 152
Here is my Euro day chart. It is beginning the topping process and it may take a while for this to happen or it could be quick. My best guess is that it will top around the 1.42 area.

Its currently at the 1.426++ lvl.. time to short?

Ian/JahDave

Many thanks. I have yet to read the start of this thread, but will do so. We are fast approaching resistence on the daily pivot, with a bullish trend in motion, which generally is inclined to continue rather than reverse, no? My stochs, daily is looking bearish, however, the monthly stoch is still very bullish?

I do like your chart JahDave.

Ian, can we see your recent chart too.

I attach a 1min chart on eur/usd which I am still bullish with. At my first attempt with elliot count would you mind having a quick glance at it and see if I have done this correctly.

Many thanks.

Oops, sorry, 4got the chart here it is.

Attachments

• 1min_eur_usd_wavecount.gif
    1min_eur_usd_wavecount.gif
    62.6 KB · Views: 153