EBAY dropped on news overnight

ardhill

Hi

I just noticed some big activity on EBAY.

This chart is 1/2 hour after the market closed. EBAY released financial news and stock split, then this happened. Could be an interesting momentum move in the morning - maybe.

Hope none of you were long in this overnight :(

Attachments

• eBay-Going-Down.jpg
    eBay-Going-Down.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 810
Update: 1 Hour later and it has dropped further. Now at $90, nearly a 13% drop!

Pity I won't be around for opening bell tomorrow.

Hope none of you were long in this overnight

Certainly no time to be long just before a tech major releases its results....!

Good or bad news tends to be sold off, but the minor earnings miss in this case could cause quite a retracement - particularly in the light of the phenomenal run the stock has had, shown on the daily chart......

Attachments

• EBAY.gif
    EBAY.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 500
You see the top of that big red candle? I went short right there, at the top, using experience and trading intuition which simply can't be read about or bought (well, it can...send me a PM).

See that same candle - at the bottom? Move along to the lowest of all the candles after that. The lowest low you can possibly see until it starts up again. That's were I exited - right at the bottom.

I made so much money, in such a short space of time - using special brokers who trade specially (they can short even without an uptick :eek: ), just for me - but it's easy when you know how.

Last edited:
Hey Brambs….!

That’s a very special post detailing a very special trade, and your reading of the candles is most illuminating……

Some people just never get ‘burnt’ do they…..?!?

Have you considered coaching or even lecturing at seminars…….?

;)

It shorted well the following day using a three bar breakout.There was profit in the bounce too...and yesterday.This is my first post.Hello everybody.

After GOOG's Fri drop,i'm very interested in seeing its action today

Attachments

• g2.gif
    g2.gif
    33.3 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
Whet the appetite?

Bramble
You can short without an uptick? 2/3 of my problems shorting are getting the right fill.
Come on do tell - I have never heard of that other than using a cfd.

TheBramble said:
You see the top of that big red candle? I went short right there, at the top, using experience and trading intuition which simply can't be read about or bought (well, it can...send me a PM).

See that same candle - at the bottom? Move along to the lowest of all the candles after that. The lowest low you can possibly see until it starts up again. That's were I exited - right at the bottom.

I made so much money, in such a short space of time - using special brokers who trade specially (they can short even without an uptick :eek: ), just for me - but it's easy when you know how.
:D

Got a feeling that Bramble was doing a spot of imitating there laced with a tinge of sarcasm.

Of course I might be wrong.

As Homer would say -
" Doh! It just gets worse and worse" :eek:

QUOTE=Salty Gibbon]Got a feeling that Bramble was doing a spot of imitating there laced with a tinge of sarcasm.

Of course I might be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Pandoras Box

Ah this is the kind of stuff I hate about message boards.
I have now opened Pandoras box - private messages and everything.
I asked a question - stupidly as it turns out - and stepped into a minefield of opinions and differences between 2 board members.
Salty - the Doh! is me banging my head against the wall for asking such a dumb question.

Trading is a hard business - lets not make it any harder!.
Here's a trade I did yesterday - against the trend. Wrong I know but SO satisfying!!!!!
Here's a question for you psychological types - why is it so satisfying??

Attachments

• rimm.jpg
    rimm.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 308
rdstagg said:
Ah this is the kind of stuff I hate about message boards.
I have now opened Pandoras box - private messages and everything.
I asked a question - stupidly as it turns out - and stepped into a minefield of opinions and differences between 2 board members.
Salty - the Doh! is me banging my head against the wall for asking such a dumb question.

Trading is a hard business - lets not make it any harder!.
Here's a trade I did yesterday - against the trend. Wrong I know but SO satisfying!!!!!
Here's a question for you psychological types - why is it so satisfying??
[/QUOTE]

I am not sure exactly what you mean by wrong; wrong because you went against the trend but still won or wrong simply because you lost? But here are my humble guesses:

If the trade was a winner, probably because you take the fact that the market went your way as a compliment.

If the trade was a loser, probably because trends should not necessarily be followed in your opinion.

I quote Seykota: Everybody gets what they want from the markets.

Wrong = Trading with the major trend is the high probability way of staying in the game.

It was more of a rhetorical question really....