DT embraces dark side - Vendorship

All is now clear.

I no longer need to worry about your state of mind when considering your polarization fixation of your trading dogma to the extent that no other methods other than yours work.

You had something to sell.

All is now clear.

I no longer need to worry about your state of mind when considering your polarization fixation of your trading dogma to the extent that no other methods other than yours work.

You had something to sell.

Sadly, I have to agree with this.

Peter

ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

Its a shame that all you get from what hes done is that he was building a platform to sell something from.

Its a shame that all you get from what hes done is that he was building a platform to sell something from.

There's nothing wrong with the information he gives on t2w. He certainly is knowledgeable and appears to understand his trading methods well. I have never made any comment against any of it.

The issue is his relentless hammering of how any other trading methods cannot possibly be profitable and his "proofs" of such. Jason sums it up perfectly. DT is selling something and that makes his many posts condemning other methods nothing but a veiled sales pitch.

Peter

Indeed Peter - the plan goes back to before 2009 when I paid CME programmers to change the tick reporting format...

Its a shame that all you get from what hes done is that he was building a platform to sell something from.[/QUOTE]

So what is your connection with DT then?

I remember thinking when you first joined that is a lot of posts for a brand new member.

There's nothing wrong with the information he gives on t2w. He certainly is knowledgeable and appears to understand his trading methods well. I have never made any comment against any of it.

The issue is his relentless hammering of how any other trading methods cannot possibly be profitable and his "proofs" of such. Jason sums it up perfectly. DT is selling something and that makes his many posts condemning other methods nothing but a veiled sales pitch.

Peter

you appreciate the counter argument is that now he has somthing to sell, one can discard everything he ever said as groundwork and keep the dream of forex + support /resistance + price action intact...

(and just for the record, at first glance, there is absolutely nothing at all whatsoever in this that doesn't already exist - in better versions/applicability - in other software. It might be new to NinjaTrader, but it isnt new to the markets FO SHO!)

so upset you have gone to the dark side. what I don't get is if this software is so great why not keep it to yourself and earn millions from it. why sell it for $249 surely if you are a great trader you can make £10,000 per week, i don't get it especially after all the vendor bashing.

Keep it to myself? I'm a nerd. That would be like Banksy only painting interior walls.

It's only a little trinket. A little accessory to make you look better (subtle pun intended). It has limited appeal and value. I expect this little venture to make me a thousandaire.

Still - I like your thinking. I could put the Prada logo on it & sell it for £10,000,000 a pop.

is that you talkin on your videos?

Yup - the Midlands twang runs deep in DT.

I have an American friend who's somewhat of a video production nerd who says he'll do the vids again for me.

As you know - one is missing. I need to do a fill in one for that. Not my favourite thing to do.

[throwing in my tuppence worth]

The software that DT is offering is just that - software.
Not an EA, or special indicators.
In fact, the only people likely to use it are those who already use the techniques of tape-reading.
It wont help those who are looking for a grail system.

You already have to have bought into the principle of tape-reading, and want to see the lots grouped together, rather than in the current standard way.

This idea reminds me of the tick-charts, where people want to see charts grouped by volume of action, rather than time-slots, to determine size of action at price-levels.

So, my tuppence worth is, good luck to DT.
He has been consistent and helpful with his ideas.

[I am trying to start a craze of calling sellers "bendor-vadges", as in, "show us your vadge, you bendor". ]

Merci Trendie - aren't you suggesting that this venture is likely to make me a hundredaire?

You are right though - it's very niche. It's not going to be a big seller. It's a bit like being a good barista. They have world champion Baristas... To the rest of the world though - it's just a cup of coffee. I do rather like the idea of fellow tapesters one day erecting a statue in my honour... One fellow tape reader told me he wanted to have my babies...

I wrote a prototype way back and gave it to my slightly older mate Dale - who then went and mangled it so badly and took so much effort to support that I decided if I was going to let people use it, it had to be idiot proof and if possible Dale proof.

I thought that would take a few weeks but it took a lot more effort than I thought and the skills of a programmer much better than myself. So - many months later, the first of 3 products comes out and hopefully the total amount of time needed by myself to support the users will be close to zero.

Still - I haven't given Dale the beta release yet. I want to bask a day or two first.

Merci Trendie - aren't you suggesting that this venture is likely to make me a hundredaire?
You are right though - it's very niche. It's not going to be a big seller.

Hi DT,
One way of giving your new product broader appeal and thereby increasing your revenue would be to present the information graphically. Perhaps that's not possible but, if it is, I think you'd be on to a real winner. The main reason - I suspect - that tape reading is the preserve of a small minority is because so many people struggle with lots of numbers flashing past. I know I do! Even with software likes yours that condenses the numbers - there's still a lot. If you could get rid of them completely and present the same info via a bar / candle chart or histogram - then you really might get people biting your arm off at the ankle.
Tim.

Tim

From what I can see - some people have a savant-type ability to read the naked tape (put aside the CME changes for a moment).

For example, some people can watch it and keep a running estimate of the delta in their heads. Maybe not the exact number but a good feel for whether market buyers or sellers are predominant. I personally can't do this or a few of the other 'mind tricks' that these people seem to be able to perform.

That's really the crux of it. I want to see raw buying and selling, not a derivative of it. As someone that's been designing software for a while, I looked at what information I had and what type of analysis was needed and then put it into a more accessible format.

The programmer was with me yesterday and we took a short on the ES whilst he was here. We took a short (based on some games that trapped new longs) at 1352.00 at about 6:30 EST. It went our way initially but when it got down to 1350.50, selling continued but price stopped moving down. In the end there were about 1584 market sells at 1350.50 and 287 market buys at 1350.75 and the price ticked up. The selling had continued but it appeared buyers were willing to soak it up. I exited at 1350.75, price did tick down to 1350.00 but then moved back on up.

I simply have no idea how you'd graphically represent such a thing without losing information. As such, it's probably for someone smarter than me to think up.

There's the free Gomi Indicators such as the Gomi CD (Cumulative delta) which charts bars of delta which is fairly cool. It's easy to find the Gomi stuff on line. It's very smart and very well done.

DT

Still - seeing as I've given much flak to 'oil of snake' vendors on here, I thought it only fair I give them ample opportunity to fight back at my move to "The Dark Side".

Gentlemen...

DT

OK, I'll start. I've lost all repsect for you (not that you care). This is easily the biggest example of hypocrisy I've ever seen on this site since I joined.

OK, I'll start. I've lost all repsect for you (not that you care). This is easily the biggest example of hypocrisy I've ever seen on this site since I joined.

I actually take the other side of this, I think it's ace..loving it..:)