Drummond Geometry / Forex Traders?

all-in

Are there any Drummond Geometry Forex traders on this board? I'd be interested in swapping ideas and experiences. I've been using the DG methodology for a few years.

Are there any Drummond Geometry Forex traders on this board? I'd be interested in swapping ideas and experiences. I've been using the DG methodology for a few years.

tell us more about them and yourself. do you make money using them? etc
I really hope your not a new poster touting for busimess

I'm not usre I heard of the Drummond Geometry Forex traders. Maybe you can explain what it is.
Having said that, I know I don't trade that way seeing I don't know what it is.

I've heard of it - but never really looked into it - be interested to hear more about it - in relation to forex

Just getting back after vacation and catching up.

I use DG on Forex and other markets but mostly Forex...
In a nutshell: It is a pretty comprehensive way of looking at the markets, and the main elements are multiple time frames, very short trend lines, and moving averages, and the coordination of these. It also makes definite classifications of trends vs congestion, congestion exit, and congestion exit. No single element is remarkable in an of itself but the assembly into a complete and rational system of market structure is pretty impressive. The main ides is that support and resistance can be projected forward a bar or two, and that these areas in different time frames (e.g. week, day. hour) can be coordinated and when overlapping have more "energy" or "strength" and tend to repel price. It took me a while to et it under my belt but once I understood it, I started to get a lot better at my trading.

Ahhh, got it. Is it something like figuring the angle of a trend on a smaller TF, and then moving up to a larger TF, and then when the meeting point matches with the angle as you are riding up on the hypoteneuse, then that is your point of reversal. Until that criteria has been matched, you have no entry. In other words, you need no indicators, just the ability to use the Pythagorean theorum and your trignometry with regards to figuring the angles and the depth of the trend. Is that right?
BTW, I'm only asking. I'm just trying to see if I have this figured out.

Just getting back after vacation and catching up.

I use DG on Forex and other markets but mostly Forex...
In a nutshell: It is a pretty comprehensive way of looking at the markets, and the main elements are multiple time frames, very short trend lines, and moving averages, and the coordination of these. It also makes definite classifications of trends vs congestion, congestion exit, and congestion exit. No single element is remarkable in an of itself but the assembly into a complete and rational system of market structure is pretty impressive. The main ides is that support and resistance can be projected forward a bar or two, and that these areas in different time frames (e.g. week, day. hour) can be coordinated and when overlapping have more "energy" or "strength" and tend to repel price. It took me a while to et it under my belt but once I understood it, I started to get a lot better at my trading.

Amit, try doing this. Draw a trend line on any trend. Measure the amount of candles from the low or peak to the peak or low. Divide that by the time, and then you have tyhe velocity or the angle of the trend. You now have the components that is needed to figure the actual angle of that trend. If within that right triangle that has been formed gets broken, then you probbaly have a powerful move that has ensued.
An example is what took place on the USD/CAD 1-hour chart today. The dwontrend was gaining about 3.2 pips per hour, and then it broke out of the triangle and has probably started a new uptrend.
The thing that threw me, as per my previous post, is what is Drummond Geometry.

How is geometry used in this system?

Interesting. I don't see how you've used the calculated angle to determine the entry...it seems you've simply taken an entry based on the break of the trend line.

The USD.CAD chart is attached in one-hour time frame for reference if necessary.

Amit

Amit, try doing this. Draw a trend line on any trend. Measure the amount of candles from the low or peak to the peak or low. Divide that by the time, and then you have tyhe velocity or the angle of the trend. You now have the components that is needed to figure the actual angle of that trend. If within that right triangle that has been formed gets broken, then you probbaly have a powerful move that has ensued.
An example is what took place on the USD/CAD 1-hour chart today. The dwontrend was gaining about 3.2 pips per hour, and then it broke out of the triangle and has probably started a new uptrend.
The thing that threw me, as per my previous post, is what is Drummond Geometry.

Attachments

• USD.CAD.jpg
    USD.CAD.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 397
First, the candle just penetrated the top of the right triangle at the right angle.
If at the beginning of a trend you have a conceptual idea of the angle of the trend or the velocity of the move, then you also know what the angle is. By taking the sine of the angle you can project price out into the future.
Add to this, that if you know the range of the trend, then you have an idea of the day of the reversal.
BTW, so I don't sound like I am speaking out of both sides of my mouth, I don't, as a rule, trade using geometry, but I do consider a trend's range.

Interesting. I don't see how you've used the calculated angle to determine the entry...it seems you've simply taken an entry based on the break of the trend line.

The USD.CAD chart is attached in one-hour time frame for reference if necessary.

Amit

Oh I see. I'm just slightly weary of using too much math in determining trading decisions. Don't get me wrong - I like math and I have studied it extensively in university, but in my opinion, it is just too scientific to be applied to the markets, which are driven mostly on emotion.

On the plus side, these kind of systems make trading completely mechanical and it helps in taking out the subjectivity involved in making entries/exit decisions.

Amit

First, the candle just penetrated the top of the right triangle at the right angle.
If at the beginning of a trend you have a conceptual idea of the angle of the trend or the velocity of the move, then you also know what the angle is. By taking the sine of the angle you can project price out into the future.
Add to this, that if you know the range of the trend, then you have an idea of the day of the reversal.
BTW, so I don't sound like I am speaking out of both sides of my mouth, I don't, as a rule, trade using geometry, but I do consider a trend's range.

Yes, I love my math to a fault.
Emotion may drive the markets, but they are always confined within their technical parameters. Just as an example, I've been watching the EUR/USD, mainly because I have a short on it. The trend has been UP, but the pair is OB, and so much so, that an explosive correction is about to ensue. This is why the pair seems so finnicky today. It is suppose to go UP, because of the longer term trend, but is out of breath, because it has hit the end the trend's range. This is why based in the mathematics of the cyclical derivation of the trend, I beleve I have about a 300-pip winning short if I stay patient.
Please pardon me for not taking a lot of credence in the "emotions" theory, as I have always beleived that ultimately, the technicals will rule the day.

Oh I see. I'm just slightly weary of using too much math in determining trading decisions. Don't get me wrong - I like math and I have studied it extensively in university, but in my opinion, it is just too scientific to be applied to the markets, which are driven mostly on emotion.

On the plus side, these kind of systems make trading completely mechanical and it helps in taking out the subjectivity involved in making entries/exit decisions.

Amit

Understandable. I am not refuting technical analysis at all - I use it everyday in my trading. However, I am simply saying that one has to draw the line when it comes to some trading strategies. There are techniques that involve the use of fractals and dynamics, along with Gann theory, which in my opinion, cannot be used to consistently outperform the markets. On the other hand, I'm even a little skeptical on the concept of Fibonacci levels, but a lot of people use them, so I guess there is a way to trade off them.

Your short on the Euro is well supported by me. All the debt surrounding the European government cannot be covered forever and eventually, someone has to pay for it. Hope it works well for you! :)

Yes, I love my math to a fault.
Emotion may drive the markets, but they are always confined within their technical parameters. Just as an example, I've been watching the EUR/USD, mainly because I have a short on it. The trend has been UP, but the pair is OB, and so much so, that an explosive correction is about to ensue. This is why the pair seems so finnicky today. It is suppose to go UP, because of the longer term trend, but is out of breath, because it has hit the end the trend's range. This is why based in the mathematics of the cyclical derivation of the trend, I beleve I have about a 300-pip winning short if I stay patient.
Please pardon me for not taking a lot of credence in the "emotions" theory, as I have always beleived that ultimately, the technicals will rule the day.

There is so much in the way of TA's. There is over 1,000 indicators to choose from. I think it all comes down to choosing the right combination that fits the individual's trading style.
I use Fibos, but very differently from conventional wisdom in its usage. I have a proprietary set of S&R's, and I use Fibos within the confinement of my S&R's usage.
Basically, I only have 4 indicators in my repetoire.

Understandable. I am not refuting technical analysis at all - I use it everyday in my trading. However, I am simply saying that one has to draw the line when it comes to some trading strategies. There are techniques that involve the use of fractals and dynamics, along with Gann theory, which in my opinion, cannot be used to consistently outperform the markets. On the other hand, I'm even a little skeptical on the concept of Fibonacci levels, but a lot of people use them, so I guess there is a way to trade off them.

Your short on the Euro is well supported by me. All the debt surrounding the European government cannot be covered forever and eventually, someone has to pay for it. Hope it works well for you! :)

You are correct - it's all about finding a methodology that works for you and sticking to it like glue.

Amit

dear All wonderful Friends/ Traders _ does somebody assist to use the DRUMMOND GEOMETRY in application on trading Chart ? I would like to appreciate for your Kindness
God Bless You,
BEPEACE09

Hi, Yes, I'm familiar with the DG methodology.

Drummond Geometry Forex traders

I've been studying DG and just beginning to use the trading software as well. I would like to get a bit of guidance form someone with more experience.

These guys give drummond a middle of the road review.
The reason for that is that results have been mixed. Far more emphasis needs to be placed on the execution of trades and the discretionary calls a trader needs to make when using DG than the underlying method itself, which is really nothing more than a multi-timeframe moving average derivative system. Nothing wrong with that, there is a thread a caught earlier today about 3 ducks which essentially does the same thing, but without all the annoying semi-mystical juju of DG.

All trading eventually comes down to the discretionary aspects of trade execution and management regardless of the underlying methods used to set the context within which those decisions can be made.