Dreams

JTrader

I was going to put this on the random thread, but thought it may (or may not) warrant its own thread.

I quite often dream i can fly. I am usually stood on the ground, and by flapping my arms, i can get up to street lamp level or above. By then emplying a breast-stroke style motion, i can move forward and stay at that level.
Similarly, i may be say - on a football pitch, playing football, and running, and by flapping my arms in a similar motion, i can glide/float maybe 6 inches off the ground for maybe 20-30 metres at a time.

These dreams tend to be very realistic, and the flying is very enjoyable.

I wonder what this means (if anything)?

Anyone else have anything similar?

I feel all exposed now :LOL: .

I was going to put this on the random thread, but thought it may (or may not) warrant its own thread.

I quite often dream i can fly. I am usually stood on the ground, and by flapping my arms, i can get up to street lamp level or above. By then emplying a breast-stroke style motion, i can move forward and stay at that level.
Similarly, i may be say - on a football pitch, playing football, and running, and by flapping my arms in a similar motion, i can glide/float maybe 6 inches off the ground for maybe 20-30 metres at a time.

These dreams tend to be very realistic, and the flying is very enjoyable.

I wonder what this means (if anything)?

Anyone else have anything similar?

I feel all exposed now :LOL: .

Here's a tip...

When you are having this dream,,,,and you are inside the dream...see if you can control the direction of your actions...and not flap your arms...but just will yourself instead, and see what happens.

Try it, see if you can do it.;)

JT,

you have waaaayyyy too much time on your hands.
(hark at me, posting on every other thread!) :LOL:

I am sure dreams, hynogogic and hypnopompic, (or something) was discussed before.
namely, about ability to actually control dreams in form of lucid dreaming.

EDIT: Socrates beat me to it! re: control of dreams!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream
Lucid dream
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
• Ten things you didn't know about Wikipedia •
Jump to: navigation, search
Hypnos and Thanatos,"Sleep and His Half-Brother Death" by John William Waterhouse
Hypnos and Thanatos,"Sleep and His Half-Brother Death" by John William Waterhouse
Wikibooks
Wikibooks has a book on the topic of
Lucid dreaming

A lucid dream is a dream in which the person is aware that he or she is dreaming while the dream is in progress. During lucid dreams, it is often possible to exert conscious control over the dream characters and environment, as well as to perform otherwise physically impossible feats. Lucid Dreams are known to be extremely real and vivid.

A lucid dream can begin in one of two ways. A dream-initiated lucid dream (DILD) starts as a normal dream, and the dreamer eventually logically concludes that he or she is dreaming, or a wake-initiated lucid dream (WILD) occurs when the dreamer goes from a normal waking state directly into a dream state with no apparent lapse in consciousness.

Lucid dreaming has been researched scientifically, and its existence is well established.[1][2] Scientists such as Allan Hobson, with his neurophysiological approach to dream research, have helped to push the understanding of lucid dreaming into a less speculative realm.

I think this happens to me in my flying dream. I eventually realise it is a dream, i am flying in the dream (a euphoric high) but cannot fly outside the dream, and with a bit of disappointment the dream soon ends.

JT,

you have waaaayyyy too much time on your hands.
(hark at me, posting on every other thread!) :LOL:

I am sure dreams, hynogogic and hypnopompic, (or something) was discussed before.
namely, about ability to actually control dreams in form of lucid dreaming.

EDIT: Socrates beat me to it! re: control of dreams!

I'm hunting you down (only 6 posts behind now) i've got to post about something!

I know, its quality not quantity etc....

Here's a tip...

When you are having this dream,,,,and you are inside the dream...see if you can control the direction of your actions...and not flap your arms...but just will yourself instead, and see what happens.

Try it, see if you can do it.;)

Interesting, and also a little scary. You'll have me counting cards next!!

Thanks WS

http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/flyingdreams.pl?method=exact&header=dreamid&search=flyingintro
"I'm Flying"

Flying dreams fall under a category of dreams where you become aware that you are dreaming, known as lucid dreaming. Many dreamers have described the ability to fly in their dreams as an exhilarating, joyful, and liberating experience.�

If you are flying with ease and enjoying the scene and landscape below, then it suggests that you are on top of a situation. You have risen above something. It may also mean that you have gained a different perspective on things. Flying dreams and the ability to control your flight is representative of your own personal sense of power.�

Having difficulties staying in flight indicates a lack of power in controlling your own circumstances. You may be struggling to stay aloft and stay on course. Things like power lines, trees, or mountains may further obstruct your flight. These barriers represent a particular obstacle or person who is standing in your way in your waking life.�You need to identify who or what is hindering you from moving forward.

If you are feeling fear when you are flying or that you feel that you are flying too high, then it suggests that you are afraid of challenges and of success.

In reality, we do not have the ability to fly. Thus such dreams may represent that which is beyond our physical limitations. In your mind, you can be anybody and do anything. Another way of interpreting flying dreams is that these dreams symbolize your strong mind and will. You feel undefeatable and nobody can tell you what you cannot do and accomplish. Undoubtedly these dreams leave you a great sense of freedom.

A lot of this makes sense to me.
It would seem that flying dreams are fairly common.

Dreamt I'd been caught in the storm of an "internet organised mass vandalism event" called "Blatant 2" (so presumably there'd already been a "blatant 1").

Basically 100's OF people who'd gathered to cause chaos and destruction by wrecking/looting etc. a (my) town/village.

Me and a friend were sat in my car, and a handful of huddies started wrecking it!

Seems like a bit of a cross between Fightclubs "project mayhem" and hearing about internet organised mass pillow fights etc. on the news!

:eek::eek::-0:LOL::confused:

I was always told thats the dream many kids have when they need the toilet in the middle of the night. Do you have any problems with bedwetting JT? ;)

Blimey, thats a bit personal!

:LOL:

NO BTW!

The typical dream i think for when a person needs to empty their bladder, is simply that they are having a p*** somewhere, maybe in a country meadow, or on some rocks by the sea, and this may or may not lead to them wetting the bed. Not that i'm talking from personal experience mind!

You mean... you didn't take advantage of the situation and floor it?

Didn't get chance, as i was parked behind the chippy!
My car has a very large turning circle. And at the best of times, its a ball-ache to manouvre! LET ALONE WITH 4-5 HOOLIGANS STRIPPING IT!
(Ferarri 360 BTW. Its really nice to drive, but its a bu**** for when i'm trying & find 2nd hand tyres for it at scrapyard! ;):LOL:)

Blimey, thats a bit personal!

:LOL:

NO BTW!

The typical dream i think for when a person needs to empty their bladder, is simply that they are having a p*** somewhere, maybe in a country meadow, or on some rocks by the sea, and this may or may not lead to them wetting the bed. Not that i'm talking from personal experience mind!

I got in pissed a few years ago and was dreaming I was stood in front of the bog. I happily emptied about 8 pints of **** (ex stella) into it, before being awoke by my screeming wife. I was filling the moses basket with my nights work!

Fortunately, the wife was breast feeding at the time so my daughter was spared a golden shower. The moses basket was buggered mind.

Not recommended.

UTB

I got in pissed a few years ago and was dreaming I was stood in front of the bog. I happily emptied about 8 pints of **** (ex stella) into it, before being awoke by my screeming wife. I was filling the moses basket with my nights work!

Fortunately, the wife was breast feeding at the time so my daughter was spared a golden shower. The moses basket was buggered mind.

Not recommended.

UTB

....and you're still married?