Download 25 million songs legally (?)

You can also bet that the only reason why this music is free & legal to download is because they are tracking users with the DRM. No DRM would equal no free downloads.

As far as I know , it is. Never used the program though. I listen to free internet radio :)

WikiAnswers - Is downloading songs from Limewire illegal or legal

Cheers, i guessed so. Not that i have any real interest in limewire of course :innocent:.

BTW. FW99, you are now 1885 posts behind chartman in the T2W all time posters list. In the last 7 days you have made 185 posts. If you carry on posting at your current run rate you will topple chartman within 11 weeks.

You can also bet that the only reason why this music is free & legal to download is because they are tracking users with the DRM. No DRM would equal no free downloads.

Really?? :rolleyes:

Whatever...:rolleyes:

I'm sure your buddy BSD will give you a good rep for that ill-informed comment :rolleyes:

BTW. FW99, you are now 1885 posts behind chartman in the T2W all time posters list. In the last 7 days you have made 185 posts. If you carry on posting at your current run rate you will topple chartman within 11 weeks.

:LOL: I'm not exactly keeping track of that... I wonder, are there any awards for that?

Anyway, if I carry on posting like this, I'll get RSI sooner rather than later :-0

At least you agree there is a difference between tracing and tracking now. How would someone get all your personal info from DRM?

Not all your personal info. But there is sensitive information hidden in those files. I don't know how much relevance DRM is still anymore, as Apple already decided to drop it last year. They are still using digital watermarking though...

Also, what's not been mentioned yet in this discussion if the fact that copyright rights usually come to an end after a certain period. But DRM-protected files means you can't share your files with the public domain, unless you want to risk the obvious privacy issues.

:LOL: I'm not exactly keeping track of that... I wonder, are there any awards for that?

Anyway, if I carry on posting like this, I'll get RSI sooner rather than later :-0

I doubt there's any prizes.

Fettered Chinos & a top 5 place are now less than 200 posts away :clap:. You can make that in a week if you put your mind to it :D.

Not all your personal info. But there is sensitive information hidden in those files. I don't know how much relevance DRM is still anymore, as Apple already decided to drop it last year. They are still using digital watermarking though...

Also, what's not been mentioned yet in this discussion if the fact that copyright rights usually come to an end after a certain period. But DRM-protected files means you can't share your files with the public domain, unless you want to risk the obvious privacy issues.

There are 2 copyright issues:

1) Performance rights
2) Mechanical or recording rights.

I believe that average copyright lasts about 50-70 years after the death of the creator. It probably becomes more complicated when a record company holds the copyright. However as far as I am aware, after that period it only allows someone to perform a song or piece of music without paying any royalties. I am not sure how it pertains to reproducing or distributing the actual original recordings.

http://www.mcps-prs-alliance.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/Copyright/Copyright_Law_Introduction.pdf