Dow Jones level alert software?

rburmo

Hi,

I would be very interested if anyone could point me in the direction of a small piece of software that would highlight when the DJIA was a certain price away from it's open of the day. I don't mind about the twenty minute delay.

Alternatively, if someone could point me in the direction of a datafeed - 20minute delay is fine again that I could use as a feed for software I would develop? Opentick seemed to promise all, but apparently from their forums their DJIA has never worked - anyone can confirm?

Thanks and regards,
Omega.

Rburmo,

Have you tried DDE/Excel? Very simple.To highlight a price automatically you could use Conditional Formatting, eg if Dow is currently 50 above you could automatically genereate a coloured box (border) around the figure, make the figures bold, or geererate a message, eg "50 off".

Grant.

Hi grantx,

Thank you for your reply. Upon reading my first post again, I realise I wasn't so clear... I'd ideally like to get a stock ticker or something like that which would flag me when a stock when a certain amount away from it's open.

regards,
Omega/

Omega,

I think you're referring to some kind of scanner. This is beyond my knowledge but various programmes have been discussed elsewhere on T2W. Maybe try a search for "scanner".

Grant.