Dow 2010

DATE: Friday 12th February 2010

DOW closed at 10,098 down 46 points. At one point the DOW was down as low as 9,984 in early trading.

As I said in Post 53 I suspected the "tight trading corridor" yesterday was in fact "resistance volume". I also said "I have also noted that a sell order came in right at the end of the trading day according to my charts. This was obviously significant and that is why the DOW fell today.

What next short term? I am not sure to be honest as I have lost my volume charts at this moment in time. I am relying on freestockcharts.com.........It is indicating that there is room for a move up........Long term I believe we are going down......heavy!

Can you please expand on why a sell order at the end of the trading day will cause the DOW to fall the next trading day? Can you list the number of times this has happened on your chart?

closed my long now, because the triangle had a throwback and it hurts performance. might be a sweaty climb up to 10300 but goin to wait for my longer term position to hit the target, at about mid march, to around 9700 level

Attachments

• dow_1601.png
    dow_1601.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 149
Can you please expand on why a sell order at the end of the trading day will cause the DOW to fall the next trading day? Can you list the number of times this has happened on your chart?

The "sell" order at the end of the day was larger than normal that was all. I just noticed it. Generally a "buy" order will push the market up and a "sell" order will push the market down. It is a little difficult to explain without showing you personally. I do not have my volume chats available at this moment in time to check up on it.

The "sell" order at the end of the day was larger than normal that was all. I just noticed it. Generally a "buy" order will push the market up and a "sell" order will push the market down. It is a little difficult to explain without showing you personally. I do not have my volume chats available at this moment in time to check up on it.

There is no hurry as the markets are going nowhere. When you have time you can post your charts and we will analyze about what you speak.

The Expert, welcome aboard. Sounds like you have thoughts about what HG has stated. Hopefully, you, too will post some charts and/or provide meaningful discussion. So far, you'll find everyone posting in this thread has been very civil and friendly. Keep visiting and feel free to add your opinion.
Continued success.

DATE: Tuesday 16th February 2010

Fat Tuesday for stock bulls......DOW closed at 10,269 up 170 points. The highest point of the day. It climbed all day long!

I said in post 57 this "freestockcharts.com.........It is indicating that there is room for a move up"....It was right but did not expect such a strong rise!

Also note in my post 57 (Friday 12th February 2010).....interestingly the DOW had an intraday low of 9,984. This means in only two sessions we have moved 285 points (9,984 - 10,269)........Some traders have made a killing. There may be some profit taking tomorrow. I may go "Short".......Please do not take my word for it though. I am not perfect!

Where do you think we will be going tomorrow?

Sell sell sell ! :D

Dow hit exactly the 10300 i suggested. now on a daily chart we can see a broadening formation formed just below the important resistance level. 60 min chart slow stochastic is clearly overbought, adding another sell order. A nice free fall from now on :p

well thats just my oppinion :)

Attachments

• dow_1702_01.png
    dow_1702_01.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 156
  • dow_1702_02.png
    dow_1702_02.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 162
DATE: Wednesday 17th February 2010

DOW closed at 10,309 up 40 points. At one point rising as high as 10,320

I did say in my last post 66 that there "may be" some profit taking today......but I was wrong. Sorry. Maybe some profit taking tomorrow instead!.....I hope even a "free fall"....that would be good.

I agree with Chode........This is worth a "Sell Sell Sell" from this level.......Just do it and "PRAY".....LOL. Don't blame me and Chode though, if the DOW does not fall.

turnes out it wasnt a right-angled and descending.. but a complete broadening bottom and found strong resistance on a trendline that started from august last year. im adding another sell order :)

Attachments

• dow_1802.png
    dow_1802.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 172
DATE: Thursday 18th February 2010

DOW closed at 10,393 up 83 points. It made a high of 10,407 intraday. It climbed all day.

Sorry.......I really thought we where going to fall today. Another sell order for me as Chode just said. I really want the DOW to fall over the next week. Lets hope it does. It has gone up a long way!......The bigger the rise the bigger the fall......that is what I always say.......

I guess this is what makes a market ... it looks pretty bullish to me for the time being. I sure would like to hear what THE EXPERT would have to say.

I guess this is what makes a market ... it looks pretty bullish to me for the time being. I sure would like to hear what THE EXPERT would have to say.

Trade intraday and you need never worry about what the market will, or will not, do. I will show you how you can make money trading, but you must be prepared for a major shift in attitude and habit. The biggest obstacle that you face, even though you are not aware of it, is listening to people who think they know what they are talking about, when the reality is that they are talking about something that is not possible, so it does not make one little difference what they think or say.

TA really means Trading Attitude, and I am The Expert at TA

Went "Short" on the DOW and closed my position for a £130 profit........that is NINE out of NINE trades correct now in a row!

DOW fell at the start of trading to 10,339......I took my profits while I could.

Last edited:
I will show you how you can make money trading, but you must be prepared for a major shift in attitude and habit.

TA really means Trading Attitude, and I am The Expert at TA

Fair enough. (y)
I am all ears (eyes). Please begin your teachings ASAP.:smart:

Fair enough. (y)
I am all ears (eyes). Please begin your teachings ASAP.:smart:

O.K....."The Expert"......I cannot wait. Please teach us ASAP.........preferably in the next 5 mins as I am very busy perfecting my "Holy Grail" system....Sorry I do have a good sense of humour!

Last edited:
DATE: Friday 19th February 2010

DOW closed at 10,402 up only 9 points. It had a low of 10,339 and a high of 10,438 at one point. The DOW had a good "bull run" this week ending up about 3% on the week. Can it go up anymore? What do you think? See below:

THE WEEK AHEAD:

Street's rally faces new test next week because there is a raft of economic data, earnings reports from major consumer and retail companies, that may challenge newfound confidence in the recovery......Could be a very interesting week......don't you just love the unpredictability of the DOW.

.........If that's the case then....I may go "Short again".

Last edited:
If you are asking me where I think the DOW will go next, the answer is I do not care as I do not have to know.

For those of you that must continue to know, the Big M is slightly bearish until such time as a mole pops his head above the ground. Fail To Plan and Your Plan Will Fail. Wishful thinking is not planning.