Dow 2006

Bez said:
Next time window, isn't till the last hour so I'll see what happens with price...:eek:

Technically if the higher frame is up we should go higher than the 1402 high, but that could come as a throw over first thing tomorrow...

Throw overs normally produce a fast move to the next cycle point as highlighted today as price needs to catch up with time.....

Hope you did well on the counter trend play....

The delta rules say each high will go higher & each low will be higher, so inorder to give a signal the higher frame is down it would of had to break the 18.30 low yesterday...It didn't manage it .. strong signal that the higher is still in play....;)

well yes i covered at todays low made 4.5points
but had to go out and im short again here at 1407 on a quater position
so irrespective today i will remain in profit even if it goes against me
but look at the 60 3 drives to a high and a test of the high you have to have a crack as i said im covered

:eek:
andycan said:
well yes i covered at todays low made 4.5points
but had to go out and im short again here at 1407 on a quater position
so irrespective today i will remain in profit even if it goes against me
but look at the 60 3 drives to a high and a test of the high you have to have a crack as i said im covered

Last week we were around the 12300+ levels. This week it looks to me like the DOW is strugling to brake out of 12250. I think tomorrow's close will be a tell sign. Based on data charts and what I had for lunch I'd guess a downward move to 12180 is on the cards or perhaps lower.

I'm anticipating a H&S reversal over the December month with a full drop to 11900 levels next month or in January.

Unless tomorrow the DOW does rise to 12300 levels, I'm still not convinced of the recovery.

Moreover, since last week I feel we have had more bad news...

1. £1=$1.97+ today.
2. More conflicting news as to whether the markets are slowing or not and if there are inflationary pressures - more uncertainty
3. Will the Fed raise or lower rates - more uncertainty
4. Soft or hard landing - more uncertainty
5. Gold is rising - (sign of uncertain times - falling dollar - Chineese switching assets)
6. Conflicting signs in retail sector. Walmart figures down. Analysts say Walmart has problems and this doesn't reflect the retail industry - more uncertainty (In my view yeah right! The biggest flag ship in the US shopping market and it's down to bad management instead of consumers not parting with their cash).

Everybody is hell bent on cooking figures. I have a theory this is all out economic warfare... The Fed knows it has a BoP defecit approaching 7%. It can't raise rates as housing & retail market slowing down. Can't drop rates as inflationary pressures and falling dollar rules it out. Too many $ollars out there especially in the Chineese hands. I strongly suspect it is the Fed's policy to sink the $ and crank up the pressure to see if other countries central banks will support the dollar or not. Either way someones going to pay for the defecit. I suspect Fed may drop rates to spite the market and sink the value of all countries who hold dollars. It's like a poker game and they are bluffing... or are they? More uncertainty!

Big stakes. If Fed reduces rates and sinks $ then it will lose confidence and probably lose it's credibility for once and for all. Gold will go past $1000 and meltdown in financial markets will occur. Nightmare scenario but I can't see where else the $ can go...?

I'd pencil 400+ pts drop very soon within 6 weeks. :eek:

US warns of al-Qaeda cyber threat
BBC News: Friday, 1 December 2006, 03:18 GMT

The US government has warned of an al-Qaeda call to attack US online stock market and banking services. The threat, seen on an al-Qaeda website, applied to the whole of December. It was said to be in revenge for the continued detention of suspects at the US prison camp in Guantanamo Bay.

A spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security, Russ Knocke, said there was no evidence to corroborate the threat. He said the US Computer Emergency Readiness team had issued a "situational awareness report to industry stakeholders". However, he said it had been issued out of what he called "an abundance of caution".

The warning said the threat called for attacks to begin Friday and run through the month of December. It is described as an "aspirational threat" and the nature of the warning is particularly vague, the BBC's Guto Harri in New York says.

You know I'm so upset over all this Jihad stuff ..I'm forming my own counterattck unit ...
pillockhad

My first action as been to stop my daughter wearing a Turby after a shower ,but I have ordered a first job lot of self detonating bibles cunningly disguised has coucous.

US warns of al-Qaeda cyber threat
BBC News: Friday, 1 December 2006, 03:18 GMT

The US government has warned of an al-Qaeda call to attack US online stock market and banking services. The threat, seen on an al-Qaeda website, applied to the whole of December. It was said to be in revenge for the continued detention of suspects at the US prison camp in Guantanamo Bay.

A spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security, Russ Knocke, said there was no evidence to corroborate the threat. He said the US Computer Emergency Readiness team had issued a "situational awareness report to industry stakeholders". However, he said it had been issued out of what he called "an abundance of caution".

The warning said the threat called for attacks to begin Friday and run through the month of December. It is described as an "aspirational threat" and the nature of the warning is particularly vague, the BBC's Guto Harri in New York says.

sounds like another "forget the economy" "lets blame it on the terrorists" that way we dont spook the retail investors

dc2000 said:
sounds like another "forget the economy" "lets blame it on the terrorists" that way we dont spook the retail investors
You might be right DC !

dc2000 said:

Sounds like the Fed have engage the services of...............EDMUND BLACKADDER!!!!!!...........

(Cue: cunning plan dangerous music)

Silvertip said:
Look for the bare necessities
The simple bare necessities
Forget about your worries and your strife
I mean the bare necessities
Old Mother Nature's recipes
That brings the bare necessities of life
good choice

dc2000 said:

This is far easier to achieve than you chaps might imagine these days.

1. There are gangs of hackers out there who provide a service - Ukranian, Baltic, Russian, Chineese, many unnknowns to the highest bidder.
2. All over the world there are infected PCs - people do not know they are infected. These are called Zombies or Bots, where a latent program runs unbeknown to the user.
3. Single command of an IP address or hostname can target such infested PCs connected to the internet to make connections, send email or just poll the big blue chips.
4. Get enough PCs to target even a firewall and you can cause sufficient over utilisation to cause what is known as a Denial of Service. ie The service becomes so congested or over used - slow, as to be unusable.
5. I'd take it seriously. :-0

As other trader has commented... just in case short the market... Downside gains far outweigh any Upside potential . :eek:

Update on that Indu doodle.... Its not completly ruled out some sort of ED pattern or triangle but for now its easier with an abc and i'll adjust it later..

Intresting time pressure point for yesterday and for those who watch such things, these smaller fib "triangles in time" elude to the lower frames....;)

Attachments

• timing.jpg
    timing.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 236
Bez said:
Update on that Indu doodle.... Its not completly ruled out some sort of ED pattern or triangle but for now its easier with an abc and i'll adjust it later..

Intresting time pressure point for yesterday and for those who watch such things, these smaller fib "triangles in time" elude to the lower frames....;)
Cool
you are seeing what im seeing
but dont forget the larger time frame this is a wave 5 of a larger wave 5

dc2000 said:
Whooah, we're half way there
Whooah
Livin' on a prayer
And then it suddenly and mysteriously found a second wind, turned on a sixpence and rocketed back up nearly 100pts in the last 90 minutes. That's the second day that this 'miracle' reversal has suddenly occurred in the afternoon.

LOL - Is there is anyone left who cannot see the degree of manipulation that is being applied to the markets at the moment. Paulson and the PPT have been holding an early Christmas party for the Bulls all week !

Intervention has been so blatent that I've been moving my stops to my entry point soon after a position has been triggered and this has saved me from losses on these 'reversals' at least three times this week !

kriesau said:
And then it suddenly and mysteriously found a second wind, turned on a sixpence and rocketed back up nearly 100pts in the last 90 minutes. That's the second day that this 'miracle' reversal has suddenly occurred in the afternoon.

LOL - Is there is anyone left who cannot see the degree of manipulation that is being applied to the markets at the moment. Paulson and the PPT have been holding an early Christmas party for the Bulls all week !

Intervention has been so blatent that I've been moving my stops to my entry point soon after a position has been triggered and this has saved me from losses on these 'reversals' at least three times this week !

Manipulation or not, a run of 100 points is a trading opportunity not to be sniffed at or reasoned with or why. If they do that every other trading day then I will vote them back into office - bring it on - manipulation rules!

:cool: :cool: :cool: