Dow 2006

Beige Book @ 7pm (2pm est)

So that should be the catalyst........the last alt on the ES was 6.5 points so as long as the ES holds the 1396 area the bulls are in charge....YM 12210 area is the alt support..

Last edited:
and out of my shorts, my daily target of profits has been exceeded, I am not greedy, just in case the beige book moves the market in the wrong direction.

Thanks Joules, I did it today.

Turns come in bang on..just 2 points lower into the 38.2%....

Could still do an intraday a-b point so a tight stop at the 38.2.......:eek:

BEIGE BOOK

Fed: Most Parts of the Country See Moderate Growth Despite Ailing Housing and Auto Sectors

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Most parts of the country managed to enjoy moderate economic growth in the late fall despite troubles in the housing market and the automotive industry. The New York and Richmond, Va., Federal Reserve districts reported that growth picked up, while the Atlanta region described activity as "mixed," the Fed said in a report released Wednesday. Dallas district said that growth had ebbed from earlier, higher levels.

The survey is based on information supplied by 12 regional Federal Reserve banks and collected before Nov. 20. This snapshot of economic health will figure into discussions at the central bank's next meeting, scheduled for Dec. 12. Many economists predict that the Fed will again hold interest rates steady, sticking to a strategy first used in August, when policymakers voted to take a break from their two-year-long rate-raising campaign.

The central bank's survey comes one day after Fed chairman Ben Bernanke struck a largely positive tone that the economy should be able to weather the strains of the housing slump and weakness in the auto sector. Outside housing and autos, economic activity remains solid, he said. "Overall, the economy is likely to expand at a moderate pace going forward," Bernanke said.

The Fed survey found that consumer spending -- an ingredient indispensable to the economy's good health -- advanced. Manufacturing activity was generally positive overall. And, the jobs market remained healthy, with workers' wages growing moderately. On the shopping front, "despite continuing softness in automobile and housing-related sales, most districts reported that consumer spending increased during October and early November, and the retail sales outlook for the holiday season was cautiously optimistic," the Fed survey said.

Bez said:
Turns come in bang on..just 2 points lower into the 38.2%....

Could still do an intraday a-b point so a tight stop at the 38.2.......:eek:

may go to 1401 and then reverse

Next time window, isn't till the last hour so I'll see what happens with price...:eek:

Technically if the higher frame is up we should go higher than the 1402 high, but that could come as a throw over first thing tomorrow...

Long only strategy delivered blue dotted line

Dear FC,

I closed my Long this afternoon. I know I shoulda waited abit more until the close but the ym spike at 11260 was too tempting.

thanks,..

Attachments

• YMZ06-out.jpg
    YMZ06-out.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 179
FetteredChinos said:
nice one leo.. good to have some points in the bag :)
Indeed! Looks like it is testing the highs again, at least some of the pivot points. Market breadth (Advance-Deline) of more than 1800 is a strong one. It was -2000 on Monday. cheers...

Attachments

• ymz06_next.jpg
    ymz06_next.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 180
Good day today, very techincal....

A simple chart of the ES that might be of use to nickdd & highlights what Andy & I was on about...

Attachments

• ESTODAY.jpg
    ESTODAY.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 209
Bez went a little higher than i would have liked
but all in all a good days trade on the short side
a pop and drop tomorrow would be ideal but lets see how it plays

I know you like trading on the short side....The conventional folk law favours that with the old saying price goes up on an esclater but goes down in an elevator..:) )

I just use time pressure turn points to try and maximise both directions intraday...

Bez said:
Yes ties in with the intra day late throw turn window and its 55 bars from the 18.30 (1.30est) low yesterday...on the 5min

The rotation is up so a counter trend play till 12.30 / 1.30 eastern time before up again into the close, is my favoured map....

Bez said:
I know you like trading on the short side....The conventional folk law favours that with the old saying price goes up on an esclater but goes down in an elevator..:) )

I just use time pressure turn points to try and maximise both directions intraday...
it is for that reason i prefare to short
but equally when the opportunity arises buying is equally rewarding

ps you nailed the timing well done ;)