Dow 2006

Footy

I dont suppose there are many footy fans on such an intellectual website but for the very few that there maybe ( lol ), apparently England are 6/1 to win if you place your bet in England but you can get 10/1 if you bet in Germany !! I wonder why ! Be lucky to beat Costa Rica !!

Pat494 said:
I dont suppose there are many footy fans on such an intellectual website but for the very few that there maybe ( lol ), apparently England are 6/1 to win if you place your bet in England but you can get 10/1 if you bet in Germany !! I wonder why ! Be lucky to beat Costa Rica !!

Don't they have a bet for England NOT winning the cup? No offence to the English fans but it would be a statistically viable bet. :cheesy:

leovirgo said:
Don't they have a bet for England NOT winning the cup? No offence to the English fans but it would be a statistically viable bet. :cheesy:

I am no statistician but would it be 1/6 ? Could ask Ladbrokes etc. I suppose
:rolleyes:

millsy500 said:
and where do you reside then leo my friend.
Believe me, I was an England fan during the last two games. I will still support England. You'll find me jumping & shouting in a local pub. lol,, :cheesy: :cheesy:

Maybe someone knows the website that people can offer their own odds ie for a country NOT to win the Cup ? Glad to hear from you here................

Pat494 said:
Maybe someone knows the website that people can offer their own odds ie for a country NOT to win the Cup ? Glad to hear from you here................
try betfair, you can be the bookie

mizunopro said:
try betfair, you can be the bookie

Yes thanks it is
Hopefully I have understood all the blurb on the website
Someone is offering England at 8.4 to win which is actually 7.4/1 in old money
and someone is offering 8.6 which is 7.6/1 in old money that they won't win. Not sure I have got that right ? seems generous ?

Pat494 said:
Yes thanks it is
and someone is offering 8.6 which is 7.6/1 in old money that they won't win. Not sure I have got that right ? seems generous ?

Hi
8.4 is the price someone is willing to give as a bookie, while 8.6 is the price someone wants to put on as a bet, just like a financial broker. Have been very happy as a backer and a layer, no probs with the site and would never use a high street bookie again .

jerry

leovirgo said:
Believe me, I was an England fan during the last two games. I will still support England. You'll find me jumping & shouting in a local pub. lol,, :cheesy: :cheesy:

hoping you where gonna say scotland lol. we'll probably get to the semis and it'll go to penaltys where bloody beckham misses and we go out. (against the germans!) lol :eek:

Pat494 said:
Yes thanks it is
ex site for live play betting, good swings while games are been played.

Attachments

• Wall St H&S.JPG
    Wall St H&S.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 219
slightly kamikaze.. but fancied going long before the numbers this afternoon. These PPI numbers get 'massaged' anyways.... long the cash at about 10755

p.s betfair is excellent- the 8.6 price- if you were to lay england, you would become the bookmaker and offering those odds(you win if england lose-shocking!). You can also leave limits, which if you were 'backing' and wanting a better price than current market would appear over on the lay side and move accross as the market moved in that direction. Vice versa for wanting better prices on the lay.

The last hour may be interesting. Given the chunky fall of shiny metal, we could see some buying in stocks.
Edit: my fundamental plays are far from perfect.. :cheesy:

Last edited: