Points on offer last week from the Dow:-
From close to close 363
From opening to close 290
The Gurus on Bloomberg got it a bit upside down imho

From Auntie with love

Iran's key nuclear sites
With international concerns running high over Iran's nuclear programme,

BUSHEHR - Nuclear power station

The Bushehr nuclear power station (image: DigitalGlobe)
Iran's nuclear programme began in 1974 with plans to build a nuclear power station at Bushehr with German assistance.

The project was abandoned because of the Islamic revolution five years later, but revived in 1992 when Tehran signed an agreement with Russia to resume work at the site.

There are two pressurised water reactors at the site - one reportedly near completion.

ISFAHAN - Uranium conversion plant

Isfahan uranium conversion plant
Iran is building a plant here to convert uranium ore into three forms:

Hexafluoride gas - used in gas centrifuges
Uranium oxide - used to fuel reactors, albeit not the type Iran is constructing
Metal - often used in the cores of nuclear bombs. The IAEA is concerned about the metal's use, as Iran's reactors do not require it as fuel.

In depth: The nuclear fuel cycle

NATANZ - Uranium enrichment plant

A recent satellite image of the Natanz site

Enlarge Image

Iran suspended work on an uranium enrichment plant at Natanz in 2003 - but has recently reopened the facility.

In 2003, a leaked International Atomic Energy Agency report said that weapons-grade uranium had been found in samples taken from the site, although Iran blamed contaminated imported equipment, and an independent report later confirmed this.

According to some estimates, when complete, Natanz could house some 50,000 advanced gas centrifuges, which would produce enough weapons-grade uranium to produce more than 20 weapons per year.

Other estimates suggest the plant will have a total of 5,000 centrifuges when initial stages of the project are completed. With that number, Iran would be able to produce sufficient enriched uranium to make a small number of nuclear weapons each year.

ARAK - Heavy water plant

The Arak plant in 2002 (image: DigitalGlobe)
The apparent existence of a heavy water facility near the town of Arak first emerged with the publication of satellite images by the US-based Institute for Science and International Security in December 2002.

Heavy water is used to moderate the nuclear fission chain reaction either in a certain type of reactor - albeit not the type that Iran is currently building - or produce plutonium for use in a nuclear bomb.

This issue will dominate the near future on the markets imho

A view of where we are at T/A speaking
Lots of volatility in the coming months
For the FTSE which currently has a double bottom should get to nearly 6,000 before falling to about 5,000.
Gold was excessively bought in the last few months so the price is expected to fall to about the $550 level before recovering.
There are buying opportunities in the basic commodities.
Sugar has reached a plateau and will stay thereabouts for a while. Oil much the same ( presupposing George W doesn't do anything too drastic I expect ).

Bernanke caused another spike. So far, the low for the day 11084 is quite close to that of the day when FOMC minutes came out. If Dow can hold that level, it would be interesting.

Edit: not a spike. Hawkish.. and bearish. support broken.

Last edited:
- Although the anticipated slowdown in growth is underway, financial markets should not question the inflation-fighting credentials of the Federal Reserve, Fed chief Ben Bernanke said Monday. "There is a strong consensus" among FOMC members to keep inflation low, Bernanke told an international banking forum here. Recent core inflation readings "have been higher in recent months" and "has reached a level that, if sustained, would be at or above the upper end of the range that many economists, including myself, would consider consistent with price stability and the promotion of maximum long-run growth," Bernanke said. These core readings "are unwelcome developments," he said."Therefore, the FOMC will be vigilant to ensure that the recent pattern of elevated monthly core inflation readings is not sustained," Bernanke said. Bernanke said the slow down in the U.S. economy is no longer simply a forecast. "Real domestic product grew rapidly in the first quarter of this year, but the anticipated moderation of economic growth seems now to be under way," Greenspan said

Bernanke says slowdown, Greenspan says moderation................. hmm you aren't in the hot seat now Mr G .... btw did you forget to give Ben the PPTs phone number or tell him the secret password?

Another down day

Today marks the completion of downward Wolfe Waves.

Attachments

• DJIA_wolfewave_060606.GIF
    DJIA_wolfewave_060606.GIF
    17.9 KB · Views: 170
tricks said:
:cool:

Hi Leo,

For the unitiated, what exactly does that mean, please?

cheers -tricks

Hi Tricks

It is the corrective wave pattern. You can google it. This site is also a good one.

http://www.chart.nu/wolfewave.htm

Basically, the rally starting from the middle of April has been corrected.

cheers ;)

Attachments

• DJIA_wolfewave_060606.GIF
    DJIA_wolfewave_060606.GIF
    19.7 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
down, down, down....

Heres hoping anyhow!

Attachments

• dow daily.GIF
    dow daily.GIF
    61.1 KB · Views: 208
Let me stick my neck out here and say that this looks like capitulation.

I think we will finish above here by the end of the day. Clearly the lows of 1245 had to be taken out on the S&P and the Dow is back where it was at the start of the year.

Irrespective, I hope everyone is using stops. Remember capital preservation and consistency are the key.

I had a great day on the dow was short @10898 closed order @10827: A total of 71 points :cheesy: That was great does not happen that often but whats next....
All the market have taken a proper beating........seems like all the bears are ready to munch munch munch :cheesy:

- Hedge funds lost money in May as sharp declines in emerging markets and technology stocks hit managers focused on those sectors.
Volatility in commodity markets also buffeted other hedge funds and prompted one $250 million fund to shut down after losing 29% during the first five months of 2006.

rav700 said:
I had a great day on the dow was short @10898 closed order @10827: A total of 71 points :cheesy: That was great does not happen that often but whats next....
All the market have taken a proper beating........seems like all the bears are ready to munch munch munch :cheesy:
a great day in deed.. :cheesy:

macbonzo said:
Let me stick my neck out here and say that this looks like capitulation.

I think we will finish above here by the end of the day. Clearly the lows of 1245 had to be taken out on the S&P and the Dow is back where it was at the start of the year.

Irrespective, I hope everyone is using stops. Remember capital preservation and consistency are the key.
Another good call. Looks like this thread is back in action. :D

LOL....just about every global market flops 2% plus and the American markets rebound (again) flat....Free market ? you must be kidding ;)

chump said:
LOL....just about every global market flops 2% plus and the American markets rebound (again) flat....Free market ? you must be kidding ;)
I applause you post mate..........what a great post keep them coming......I was thinking along the same line matey :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: