Dow 2006

kriesau said:
"when experiencing iteration via a reality governed by polarities".

I'm sorry DT, but without wishing to cause offence, this really is a candidate for Pseuds Corner !

I hope you didn't spend too long trying to work it out kriesau ! There is truth and deceit within, did you spot them both ?

On a philosophical level, nothing occurs without its exact opposite being created, truth and deception. The name of the game is to understand this !

DepthTangent said:
Afternoon Jerry,

Your sentiment is appreciated.

I must alert you to one contributory factor when considering the Dow Jones 30. The Dow has been in a bull market since 1933, all things being relative, I observe a trend that has not corrected anywhere near the middle of the range. However I understand that your trading strategy is scalping is it not ? There is much noise every day that produces pull backs etc, that can be considered if viewed from a short term perspective, ie 6 month to 6 month or even 5 years to 5 years, heck, I trade them everyday. But if you consider the bigger picture, there has been a trend in place for 75 years that has in no shape or form validated the premise of a return to the middle line, that includes a few so called crashes along the way. If your theory is correct, and I personally take advantage of a similar sentiment, then all things being relative, the Dow is ready to make that journey relative to 1933.

Until the Dow has tanked, and at some point post crash, when some kind of "market equilibrium" is reestablished Gold and Crude are in all probability very safe longs. Iam 100%sure there will be shake outs along the way, and herein maybe the answer. Its all about perception and strategy. Iam looking at the markets from a very long term yearly perspective, relative to many years gone by, and this brings me to my conclusion that Gold and Crude are in no shape or form a market that should be considered for long term shorting. I take into consideration factors as diverse as the evolution of civilisations when considering Gold and Crude, not merely a technical chart. Gold and Crude are longs if I ever seen one, of course quite a substantial chunk of that long has already been and gone, and one can expect a retracement or two in the forms of elliot waves, fibs or whatever mathematical structure you care to follow. I'll be only to pleased to short the minor retracements Jerry :)

Iam not a bull or bear, Iam both, fluidity. And to be honest, it amazes me how many people try and picture themselves as one or the other.. However having said that, unless one understands where the markets are going long term, you are quite simply trading blind.This itself could lead to a definition on what exactly constitutes as "trading blind" and again, this is quite simply a perception issue. The tenacity of the shift from source A to Gold and Crude is no coincidence, and a much longer term investment than many believe.

DT thanks for the reply

But not only am i a scalper daytrader i also am an expert on P&F charting techniques hence i'm moving long and short as the charts dictate.

The internals on P&F bullish percents are all positive right now. The DJIA is going higher imo toward my targets of 11,650.

however i can not predict or speculate about the future. The current market climate seems good to me despite all the negatives out there, what i call noise!

I am a pure chartist period. I read what they tell me and react accordingly. i do not read anything or anyone. I simply trade what is on the charts based on supply and demand.

demand is still in control right now... so i have been long since the March 2003 lows...

best to you

Dow Futures have drifted down 25pts this morning. P & G marked down 3% premarket, despite a 37% improvement in earnings, since sales were a little short of analysts expectations.

Oil slipped to $74.5 but Gold remains over $675. Bernanke due to speak in Washington today (I think around 4.00pm UK). Although he is talking about revitalizing communities he will probably comment on Bartiromos remarks which spooked the market late Monday in order to avoid further speculation or reinterpretation of his remarks to Congress last week. This could potentially impact the markets today.

DepthTangent said:
I hope you didn't spend too long trying to work it out kriesau ! There is truth and deceit within, did you spot them both ?

On a philosophical level, nothing occurs without its exact opposite being created, truth and deception. The name of the game is to understand this !
What was there to work out ! Conundrums don't imply or constitute gravitas.
These forums are primarily for interactive communication and work best when people correspond both cogently and concisely.
Can't see the point in constructing elaborate, esoteric concepts or trying to be enigmatic, especially on internet BB's !

Mad world !

Good economic data = market fall, Bad economic data = market rise.

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Curt Smith

Stocks Slide on Upbeat Economic Data
Wednesday May 3,

NEW YORK (AP) -- Strong economic data pulled stocks lower Wednesday as Wall Street mulled the likelihood of more interest rate hikes amid strength in oil and gold prices. An unexpected jump in service sector growth extended the recent string of data showing the economy expanding at a swift pace, with a sharp upswing in factory orders also brightening that picture. However, the gains again had the market concerned about higher interest rates as the Federal Reserve continues its fight against inflation.

Crude futures fluctuated ahead of a weekly report on domestic reserves, and as political tension in Nigeria and Iran fueled worries about supply cutoffs. A barrel of light crude slid 36 cents to $74.25 on the New York Mercantile Exchange, where gasoline slipped 4.1 cents to $2.171 per gallon.

*Bonds tumbled, with the yield on the 10-year Treasury note edging up to 5.16 percent from 5.11 percent late Tuesday.
*The dollar rebounded slightly against the Japanese yen and was flat versus other major currencies
*Gold prices marched past $670 per ounce.
*The Institute for Supply Management's April services index gained 2.5 points to 63, while economists forecast a 0.9 slide.
*Factory orders bounced back to grow 4.2 percent in March.
*Time Warner's quarterly profit surged 60 percent. Time Warner fell 16 cents to $17.26.
* P&G strong sales saw profit swell 37 percent last quarter, but its revenue missed Wall Street targets. P&G fell $2.75 to $55.36.
*Qwest posted a 54 percent jump in quarterly profit amid higher sales and better cost control. Qwest fell 1 cent to $6.98.
*Qualcomm raised its third-quarter outlook. Qualcomm added 28 cents to $51.34.
*Warner Music Group Corp. rose $1.82 to $29.11 after it refused a $4.2 billion offer from rival record label EMI Group PLC.

Declining issues led advancers by 19 to 11 on the New York Stock Exchange, where volume of 517.8 million shares topped the 494.9 million shares changing hands at the same point Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Suskind said, the market is learning to live with higher oil prices: "People have built up a level of complacency that we are going to live in a higher oil environment. But I would caution that if people continue to pay $3.50 to $4 a gallon, that will certainly take a toll on the consumer and the economy."

Wow!!! The lucky things.... I can only dream about fuel that ridiculously cheap in the UK

Racer said:
Meanwhile, Suskind said, the market is learning to live with higher oil prices: "People have built up a level of complacency that we are going to live in a higher oil environment. But I would caution that if people continue to pay $3.50 to $4 a gallon, that will certainly take a toll on the consumer and the economy."

Wow!!! The lucky things.... I can only dream about fuel that ridiculously cheap in the UK

If FTSE can rally to new highs with petrol prices around $7 a gallon (95p/litre), why not Dow?

leovirgo said:
If FTSE can rally to new highs with petrol prices around $7 a gallon (95p/litre), why not Dow?

Well a lot of weight in the FTSE is oil for a start... and where can you get petrol at 95p a litre???

Jerry Olson said:
I'm expecting a severe pullback in crude and gold soon. The news will change to good and the traders will sell at breakneck speed not to get caught "holding" the bag!

I have traded on sentiment and perception for years, everything DT moves back to the middle or the norm if you will.
So will crude and gold, just do not stand under this skyscraper when it falls.............. :rolleyes:
Oil off $2.40 and Gold off $7.80 from this weeks high at 14.00EST

Racer said:
Well a lot of weight in the FTSE is oil for a start... and where can you get petrol at 95p a litre???
You are right about FTSE and 95p is just avg price. I normally get 2p off/litre voucher from a local station whenever I buy more than £15. :cheesy:

Oil now more than $3 and Gold more tha $7 off Mondays high.
Equity markets off their lows for today and we could see a move up towards the close.

leovirgo said:
You are right about FTSE and 95p is just avg price. I normally get 2p off/litre voucher from a local station whenever I buy more than £15. :cheesy:

Can you drive off the forecourt with just £15 worth??
:rolleyes:

kriesau said:
Oil now more than $3 and Gold more tha $7 off Mondays high.
Equity markets off their lows for today and we could see a move up towards the close.

THIS PULLBACK IS OVER

get long...

Jerry Olson said:
THIS PULLBACK IS OVER

get long...

Is that for a couple of points scalp from 11430 area at 20:35(UK)? Or a longer term swing?

Last edited:
Exceedingly bullish with another move forward expected when trading gets underway today. Accumulation appears completed. One thing for certain, there wont be a stock market crash today !

As I said a few days ago, expect a pullback before an aggressive move forward, another completely accurate prediction. Not bad for a crystal ball aye aye.

DepthTangent said:
Exceedingly bullish with another move forward expected when trading gets underway today. Accumulation appears completed. One thing for certain, there wont be a stock market crash today !

As I said a few days ago, expect a pullback before an aggressive move forward, another completely accurate prediction. Not bad for a crystal ball aye aye.
LOL - I must have missed this 'completely accurate prediction' that you apparently made a few days ago.

Last edited:
kriesau said:
LOL - I must have missed this 'completely accurate prediction' that you apparently made a few days ago.

Good Afternoon kriesau my fellow trading buddy !

I remember not so long ago, posting literally 2 minutes before the event happened. A very long candle on the 5 min chart would appear to the upside I said, this after several hours of "harmonic flatulence" as the market gradually retraced by about 60 pts. What happened 2 mins later, the candle appeared. The only long candle of the entire trading day on the 5 min chart !

I see a lot of people posting links to news that occurred several hours ago on this thread, but I never see "predictions" as accurate as my 5 min candle event. So mock as you may, its of absolutely no detriment to me Sir ;)

Now then, I will let you guys get back to pasting stories about crude oil.

Good day to all.

Earlier Bloomberg had the Dow fut at +14 (10 UKT), now it's only +1 but Fins are quoting +14
Could this be significant ?

DepthTangent said:
Good Afternoon kriesau my fellow trading buddy !

I remember not so long ago, posting literally 2 minutes before the event happened. A very long candle on the 5 min chart would appear to the upside I said, this after several hours of "harmonic flatulence" as the market gradually retraced by about 60 pts. What happened 2 mins later, the candle appeared. The only long candle of the entire trading day on the 5 min chart !

I see a lot of people posting links to news that occurred several hours ago on this thread, but I never see "predictions" as accurate as my 5 min candle event. So mock as you may, its of absolutely no detriment to me Sir ;)

Now then, I will let you guys get back to pasting stories about crude oil.

Good day to all.

Hi DepthTangent what sort of candle signal are you referring to a bullish belt hold line or a tweezer bottom or something entirely different.