Dow 2006

1st trading day of the month chaps, 70%+ chance of it finishing up, and sizeably so.

futures are certainly indicating something of a bullish day.

good luck, all

fc

FetteredChinos said:
1st trading day of the month chaps, 70%+ chance of it finishing up, and sizeably so.

futures are certainly indicating something of a bullish day.

good luck, all

fc

indeed good luck. I'm certainly looking forward to the day ahead....

Good to see you back JillyB on THE thread. Hope the personal problems now resolved ?

How about a run up to about 11190 ish before falling back below 11136 ish ??
Just to get the ball rolling !!!!

thats what im thinking.. trendline is circa 11,250 ish.. i reckon a poke above that level and then down for the rest of the day..

data due at 3pm aujourd'hui, could well signal a major reversal if we are on that aforementioned trendline.

fc

Oil has just poked up above $67
Gold up $4.20 to $586
GM & MSFT both up over 1% in the pre-market.

FetteredChinos said:
trying a short here, 11,183, stop 11,230

Isn't going short against what you said in an earlier post about the first day of the month being a positive day? :rolleyes:

Very strong open with a 125pt rise to 11234 in the first hour, led by Caterpillar and Alcoa !
Can it breach 11240 and look to retest 11300 or will it turn down from here !

JillyB said:
Isn't going short against what you said in an earlier post about the first day of the month being a positive day? :rolleyes:

yup, but we were already 80pts to the good, and getting close to the upper trendline..

thought a short was a percentage play..

having said that, it is now stalling and looking to drop..

FetteredChinos said:
yup, but we were already 80pts to the good, and getting close to the upper trendline..

thought a short was a percentage play..

having said that, it is now stalling and looking to drop..

It's still making higher highs though - I'm not sure it's quite finished with yet.
Even so I'm out of my long - nicely in profit for today.

I'm expecting it may consolidate over lunchtime then have a reversal in the afternoon session.
I'll keep watching for this - possibly 6-7pm UK time.

JillyB said:
It's still making higher highs though - I'm not sure it's quite finished with yet.
Even so I'm out of my long - nicely in profit for today.

I'm expecting it may consolidate over lunchtime then have a reversal in the afternoon session.
I'll keep watching for this - possibly 6-7pm UK time.

my thoughts exactly. a good profitable 60 minutes. keep an eye out as you say for a reversal later on.

FC well done for catching that short.

htp80.

Having said that, my 1 hour CMC chart has the 200MA at 11,227 and it does appear to be struggling with this area.

Perhaps we could be in for a drop?
But my trading plan says no, not till after lunch - and I MUST TRADE MY PLAN.
(I have a yellow sticky on the wall which tells me this - just in case I forget!)

Oil still moving up - now $67.60
ISM down 1.5 against an expected rise of 1.
Could have peaked and started to turn down now.
Looking for a good short entry point.

better buy more shares, manufacturing growth slows...

-- Factory activity in the United States decelerated slightly in March, the Institute for Supply Management reported Monday. The ISM index fell to 55.2% in March from 56.7% in February. The decline was unexpected. The consensus forecast of estimates collected by Marketwatch was for the index to rise to 57.3%. Readings above 50 indicate expansion. New orders fell to 58.4% in March from 61.9% in February. The employment index fell to 52.5% from 55.0%. The price index rose to 66.5% from 62.5%. Inventories declined slightly in March, but the backlog of orders was higher

As FC pointed out on Friday, the first day of the month /quarter, can be a very profitable if you go long at the previous close.

It looks like a quite a lot of money hit the market this morning. That said, NYMEX is up at $67.55 and really should temper gains. We will see what the afternoon brings.

short from 11,115. if this holds above the upper trendline circa 11,230, its gonna be a bull flag on the hourly.

You all know what happened last time .

Oh my god !!1

mombasa said:
short from 11,115. if this holds above the upper trendline circa 11,230, its gonna be a bull flag on the hourly.

You all know what happened last time .

Oh my god !!1
What did happen last time ?

Well thats my speculative short stopped out for today :(

Caterpillar up over 4% today - now 50% up over the last 4 months !