Dow 2006

andycan said:
i was looking at 1455 cash but 22nd nov timing
i obviously got my cycles screwed up
but never mind i would agree with your opinion there

You are probably right actually. I've read somewhere to go little higher or lower than the obvious marks where people put there stops because brokers/dealers nudge moves to knock people out of position.

Regarding timing, I was watching out for the 144 days movement last week and this week but perhaps this is it. It's topsy turvy world. :LOL:

mark twain uk said:
The GLR (Great Linear Rise) continues unabashed, I believe that the GLR of 2006 would become text book material for the next generation, on the SPX we are now exactly 2000 pips up since July without any meaningyful correction, am I right in saying that this is quite unprecedented?

Mark - I believe analysis shows that it is really not that unusual for this to happen - e.g. 15% up in 5 months without correction ( slightly depends what one means by correction?) but there have been some moves which have been much longer and smoother e.g. SPX from early Dec 94 which lasted 7 months unbroken and then only a short pause before continuing upwards.

Good luck to you DOW bears - IMHO your timing will have to be immaculate in this market.

Having watched this price action I'm inclined to say I don't think there was any particular intent to drive up this far. Why ,It appears to me the intent was simply not to let any downward momentum catchfire. The momentum moves seem to have been occuring because of the short covering action , without that I think it would have been a pretty boring second half year. Personally having seen the downward action simply being 'soaked up' for want of a better description I wouldn't trade that direction until I could see that action had changed.

It's got to the point where all those financial ads can have the bit at the end modified from...

"Warning the value of shares can go down as well as up"

To...

"No worries here, shares only go up nowadays"

The markets are priced for perfection...ie a soft landing after one of the biggest credit bubbles in history! This is froth....it'll blow soon.

Silvertip said:
Santa rally in full steam. All the traders have to do is click buy and they are making thousands.

timing is everything, I would not click buy right now, I closed half of my shorts before 1:30, that was a good time to buy, now I sold them back

Last edited:
yes click buy and make thousands !
es is not doing what i thought so i leave it alone but bonds
i bought the open and made a cool handle in under 30mins now thats buying :LOL:

mark twain uk said:
like hell I am, I got wrong footed (again) I am still short waiting for a pull back to get out at a better price, hopefully at B/E
the abc up a had 14 trading days and c has currently 14 trading days
the diagram is of the c leg so though short framed looks like 1448-1450 should be a high at least from the C leg structure correction
if it is a temp high the minimum target should be 1418
as a min

Good luck on your trade

Attachments

• Image1.gif
    Image1.gif
    76.3 KB · Views: 191
andycan said:
the abc up a had 14 trading days and c has currently 14 trading days
the diagram is of the c leg so though short framed looks like 1448-1450 should be a high at least from the C leg structure correction
if it is a temp high the minimum target should be 1418
as a min

Good luck on your trade

Thank you, emphasis is on luck, I was dumb enough to go short yesterday, now I need to be lucky to avoid an unpleasant loss. Doh!

Joules MM1 said:
Net long-term capital flows to U.S. rise to $82.3 billion
9:00 AM ET, Dec 15, 2006 - 20 minutes ago 19. Capital flows to U.S. rise to $62.2 billion in October
9:00 AM ET, Dec 15, 2006 - 20 minutes ago

note the word RISE.....

just raw data....the spin ....that's where the dosh is.....the interpretation.....

Well, the alternative wording would have been:

THE SPEED IN INCREASE IN NATIONAL DEBT ACCELERATES BY $82.3B A MONTH. HOW MUCH HIGHER CAN IT GET BEFORE THE WHOLE NATION IS BANKRUPT?

That's just not acceptable, is it.

mark twain uk said:
Thank you, emphasis is on luck, I was dumb enough to go short yesterday, now I need to be lucky to avoid an unpleasant loss. Doh!

i hate luck it never seems to go the way you want but in this instance good luck to you mate
i will take a small short if it gets there

If you see the waiter mine's a bottle of Bulgarian bulls blood - talk about rough !!
I think they must have disinfected the whole cattle shed with it before bottling !
Anyway great to put some ooooooooomph into one's jock-strap !!
Yes sir its going up up up

You little tinker Pat, enjoying yourself too much you are :)

You know when I started out trading it was never this easy to make profit, the market was whipping up and down every day with no trend, these days all you have to do is click buy and make thousands!