Dow 2006

Market Volume.com

Short Term (lasts a few hours to a few days):
At this time, we think the market is probably due for a short-term pullback. As discussed in this week’s commentaries, we have been seeing a strong delayed volume reaction to the accumulation of selling volume you can see on a 30-day chart of the S&P 500 (or of the other major indexes). Note the selling surges that peaked in mid-August, end of August, September 13, 15, 20, and on September 26/27 (volume surges appear as spikes on the index volume pane while the matching selling volume can be seen as red areas on the SBV oscillator pane). Today’s weakness may have marked the end of this delayed volume reaction, as the market starts to “process” the selling volume that has been building up. While the indexes may push slightly higher (but perhaps only on an intraday basis), we think the odds now favor some further downside over the short-term. However, for the mid-term, we still see a good potential for higher index levels. To date, we have not yet seen selling volume to an extent that would signal an end to this mid-term upswing

zuke said:
Well that's my shekels in...short from 734.

I took 1/3 of my size off the table at 684 for +50 and my stop is at b/even. My next target is 634 where I'll take off another 1/3. If I am stopped out at b/even it will serve as a nice time to step back and let it go to the 760's before slapping in my short.

Wall Street demands, what slowdown?
By Claire Gallen

WASHINGTON (AFP) - To judge by the excitement on Wall Street, the US economy is in the rudest of health. The paradox is that the economy is posting some of its slowest growth rates in five years.

After relying for years on a booming housing market to generate wealth, US consumers are curbing their spending. With property sales and prices now sagging, one of the props to a post-2001 expansion has been removed.

However, according to analysts, other props remain that will limit the downside to the world's biggest economy heading into the final quarter of 2006.

What a LOAD of dopes in Congress banning gaming on line. Prohibition again ? Dont they ever learn anything from the past - their own recent past even. Al Capone's successors will be pleased !!

zuke said:
10604??? :eek: If that happened, I'd retire !!! I assume you mean 11604 :cheesy:

:) guess I meant 11604... but sure do wish 10604 !!

If not today, next week will still do!

ugh... this is becoming painful now... creeping up again past 10712.... not looking very good I'm afraid
- for the bears i.e !

zuke said:
I took 1/3 of my size off the table at 684 for +50 and my stop is at b/even. My next target is 634 where I'll take off another 1/3. If I am stopped out at b/even it will serve as a nice time to step back and let it go to the 760's before slapping in my short.
Good call ! Currently looks as though it wants to hit ATH before any major reversal occurs.

What contract are you on - daily, Oct or Dec ? Last two would now be through your entry level at 11734 !

Last edited:
Aftnoon chaps I see Friday was a little dissapointing but no worries

Now what was that song "Run to the hills"

then "One more time" for the masses

dc2000 said:
Aftnoon chaps I see Friday was a little dissapointing but no worries

Now what was that song "Run to the hills"

then "One more time" for the masses
Active Bears are probably feeling more like this :)

Still looking for a good short entry but waiting for 10850 to be broken first !

karmit said:
go DOW go !!!

I mean go DOWN DOWN DOWN !!!

Is it really going to go down or not....................The bulls seem to be ruling this market right now.........too much bullishness.. :(

Saw the first chink in the armour today though - was heavily heavily short and have more than broke even
today.... will be shorting aggressively 11735 onwards... (if it goes there again!)

rav700 said:
Is it really going to go down or not....................The bulls seem to be ruling this market right now.........too much bullishness.. :(
Have a Guiness Rav!!!!! Crude down significantly even on bullish news and gold also declined yet the indices fail to crack on. Must be something in that?!
Chris

Last edited:
chindl said:
Have a Guiness Rav!!!!! Crude down significantly even on bullish news and gold also declined yet the indices fail to crack on. Must be something in that?!
Chris
I took my trade out today and I think I have had enough of it to last me a life time.............

Well done bulls of the board.....

I can out at break even...........................

Take care happy Trading

Guiness.........here comes a glen on the rocks and let the cable roll from tommorow....................

Best of luck

Shame - after all, good things come to......
Enjoy cable. I do peak at that thread all the time, cable intrigues me!
Good luck
Chris

chindl said:
Shame - after all, good things come to......
Enjoy cable. I do peak at that thread all the time, cable intrigues me!
Good luck
Chris
Thanks Mate
Good luck with you trading too