Donations for Greece here

The concept is actually deeper than even what you so nicely gathered.

Business and big money chasers go full circle whereas the so-called poor, devoted family man (regardless the nationality or county of residence) has a taste of PARADISE in his daily life EVERYDAY.

A stark corollary is even so easily evident in life amongst the super rich. With millions, billions of dollars in their name, they are terrified to quit the money game - why? Because there is nowhere else to go, its the end of the line.

Therein lies the aphorism, "the top of the ladder is a very lonely place"

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly the very system that a Greek thought up is largely responsible for the present situation. Democracy has it's good points but can't implement the hard decisions necessary unfortunately. Now is crunch time.
1. The people won't accept austerity etc.
2. The rich flaunt their wealth rather foolishly - it can be taken away.
3. The people - the quantity are unlikely to elect quality.

Some variation of Marxism may well emerge triumphant for a while. Yuk ! Possibly a just result of the greed and selfishness of the democrats.

The days of armed gangs taking what they want is getting ever closer

I buy "Greek style yogurts", that's enough as help.

Not hardly. You must also eat Athenian gyros, drink Oozo, break your dinner plates every week, walk around in white pants with a clearly visible brown stain on butt to confirm the deity, Olive Oil.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Greek man, an Albanian man, a Swedish girl and an old Italian woman are traveling on a train that has just entered a dark tunnel. Suddenly they hear a loud slap, and when the train emerges, the Albanian man has a red hand print on his cheek.
He must have groped the Swedish girl, and she slapped him, the Italian woman thinks.
He tried to grope me but fondled the old lady instead, and she slapped him, the Swedish girl decides.
The Greek guy must have groped the blonde, and she slapped me by accident, the Albanian determines.
I can't wait for another tunnel, the Greek man thinks, so I can smack that Albanian again!

There was a Greek, a French and an American. The aeroplane was flying over America, and the American goes "Hey we are flying over America", the Greek and the French go "How can you tell?", the American goes "Because I can see the Statue of Liberty"...

A few hours later the French guy goes "We are flying over France", the American and Greek guy go "How can you tell?", the French guy goes "Because I can see the Eiffel Tower"...

A couple of hours later, the Greek guy goes "We are flying over Greece", the American and French guy go "How can you tell?" and the Greek guy goes "Because my watch is missing!"

There was a Greek, a French and an American. The aeroplane was flying over America, and the American goes "Hey we are flying over America", the Greek and the French go "How can you tell?", the American goes "Because I can see the Statue of Liberty"...

A few hours later the French guy goes "We are flying over France", the American and Greek guy go "How can you tell?", the French guy goes "Because I can see the Eiffel Tower"...

A couple of hours later, the Greek guy goes "We are flying over Greece", the American and French guy go "How can you tell?" and the Greek guy goes "Because my watch is missing!"

Demo-meatbeat was at a truck stop and his rimming shift was finished. How could one tell? He was picking the winnets of truckers out of his teeth.

The trouble is that they haven't progressed much since their hay-day 2,000+ years ago.
Living amongst the ruins of a has-been empire might be depressing. The present lot are a disorganised disfunctional rabble.

With their assetts of culture and sunny beautiful country they really should be living in luxury.

So they have only themselves to blame. Any fool can spend spend spend - enough is enough.

I actually am with deadbroke, on the greek fisherman anecdote. i have just returned from a nice stay in new york and Toronto, two great places. However it feels like a lie, it was a lie, i was in some of the best hotels ect, it was full of old men with trophy blondes, who were surrounded by designer bags w,e ferrari's you name it, the hotel was full of gold diggers (toronto mainly, hey its a boom aint it')

but it all felt like such a lie, the gorgeous women were little more than prostitutes throwing themselves at a man who without money have no plus points, i suppose the men saw the women as worthless whores, and the women saw the men as credit cards who need to be paid with handjobs,
the stupidity of this rich club, where everyone was in a constant (unofficial, unplanned but constant) competition to appear to be the wealthiest because without those vachyron constantine's and ferragamo loafers, there is nothing inside, the conversation was dull the people devoid of any humanity, but still we played this little game in which ones only attribute was the amount of dollars in a bank account, or atleast the only one that mattered, from the outside the people would observe thinking perhaps as i did as a child looking on, what pleasant lives theese people must have, how priveliged they are, but the reality was that it was all some fascade,

i went shopping and see the ferragamo loafers, a watch from porsche, theese things were no different from cheap models you find in shops, yet they had to be bought because of the name and the implied value, the implied value owning them would bring to your status, the friendships forged by thinking perhaps if i network better i will have more money and be more "important", the women who were nothing more than prostitutes or the men who thought that maybe they had a loving wife, or the people all together throwing down 15$ for a beer that back home comes in multipack deals 72 for 20£, everyone wanting to impress by drinking in the same overpriced bar because somehow it made them better than the peasants outside, that somehow each number in a bank acc mattered, the grand thing is the whole delusion was complete, everyone bought into it, the sad thing really sad thing is, theese people were wasting there hours pursuing consumerism whole heartedly believing it would make them happier, like those 900$ feragamo loafers are somehow superior to some 40$ nikes, as if the more goods they had would make them happy, they had millions yet, would never spend anything but the interest (still a balling amount) because to them, money is how you keep score and if they were to lose some wealth they would be implicity less valuable in there circle of friends.

I had to get that off my chest, for sometime i guess i was caught up in the whole wealth thing, wanting to be richer, ect, but it really made me sad to see the vacous emptiness that theese people live in, with little value to friendships or enjoyment, it made me realise that the best things in life i have done, have had little to do with wealth, it was sitting out in the woods freezing my ass off wearing old track suits drinking beer infront of a stinking awfull fire.

i dunno why i even wrote this, i guess it was just that what we percieve as sucess is the man in deadbrokes story, happiness is found in experience's not bank notes. i guess when we are trading alot, we can sort of lose sight of what really matters, pe ratios money ect, its all about family good food, experiences as fun, my experience sorta blew the lid off the matrix for me so to speak, i just looked around and thought, this cant be living, its a game of fraud and everyone here either knows it, or is just too stupid to realise, the pursuit of wealth for wealth sake is insidious and foolish, cherish those around you, wealth opens up new experiences, but its sickening to see the falseness of the rich, we have cancer aids, destroying lives left right and center, and because of this facade we send our best and brightest to become investment bankers, or plastic surgeons, so we can give women bigger tits while little jonny dies of lukemia.

1,200 Pairs of Shoes Get Caught in Nasty Divorce: Video - Bloomberg

so yeah my admiritation of wealth has been destroyed by looking at something objectively lol.

I actually am with deadbroke, on the greek fisherman anecdote. i have just returned from a nice stay in new york and Toronto, two great places. However it feels like a lie, it was a lie, i was in some of the best hotels ect, it was full of old men with trophy blondes, who were surrounded by designer bags w,e ferrari's you name it, the hotel was full of gold diggers (toronto mainly, hey its a boom aint it')

but it all felt like such a lie, the gorgeous women were little more than prostitutes throwing themselves at a man who without money have no plus points, i suppose the men saw the women as worthless whores, and the women saw the men as credit cards who need to be paid with handjobs,
the stupidity of this rich club, where everyone was in a constant (unofficial, unplanned but constant) competition to appear to be the wealthiest because without those vachyron constantine's and ferragamo loafers, there is nothing inside, the conversation was dull the people devoid of any humanity, but still we played this little game in which ones only attribute was the amount of dollars in a bank account, or atleast the only one that mattered, from the outside the people would observe thinking perhaps as i did as a child looking on, what pleasant lives theese people must have, how priveliged they are, but the reality was that it was all some fascade,

i went shopping and see the ferragamo loafers, a watch from porsche, theese things were no different from cheap models you find in shops, yet they had to be bought because of the name and the implied value, the implied value owning them would bring to your status, the friendships forged by thinking perhaps if i network better i will have more money and be more "important", the women who were nothing more than prostitutes or the men who thought that maybe they had a loving wife, or the people all together throwing down 15$ for a beer that back home comes in multipack deals 72 for 20£, everyone wanting to impress by drinking in the same overpriced bar because somehow it made them better than the peasants outside, that somehow each number in a bank acc mattered, the grand thing is the whole delusion was complete, everyone bought into it, the sad thing really sad thing is, theese people were wasting there hours pursuing consumerism whole heartedly believing it would make them happier, like those 900$ feragamo loafers are somehow superior to some 40$ nikes, as if the more goods they had would make them happy, they had millions yet, would never spend anything but the interest (still a balling amount) because to them, money is how you keep score and if they were to lose some wealth they would be implicity less valuable in there circle of friends.

I had to get that off my chest, for sometime i guess i was caught up in the whole wealth thing, wanting to be richer, ect, but it really made me sad to see the vacous emptiness that theese people live in, with little value to friendships or enjoyment, it made me realise that the best things in life i have done, have had little to do with wealth, it was sitting out in the woods freezing my ass off wearing old track suits drinking beer infront of a stinking awfull fire.

i dunno why i even wrote this, i guess it was just that what we percieve as sucess is the man in deadbrokes story, happiness is found in experience's not bank notes. i guess when we are trading alot, we can sort of lose sight of what really matters, pe ratios money ect, its all about family good food, experiences as fun, my experience sorta blew the lid off the matrix for me so to speak, i just looked around and thought, this cant be living, its a game of fraud and everyone here either knows it, or is just too stupid to realise, the pursuit of wealth for wealth sake is insidious and foolish, cherish those around you, wealth opens up new experiences, but its sickening to see the falseness of the rich, we have cancer aids, destroying lives left right and center, and because of this facade we send our best and brightest to become investment bankers, or plastic surgeons, so we can give women bigger tits while little jonny dies of lukemia.

1,200 Pairs of Shoes Get Caught in Nasty Divorce: Video - Bloomberg

so yeah my admiritation of wealth has been destroyed by looking at something objectively lol.

Which is why I, deadbroke escaped from America. My girlfriend comes from the poorest of the poor in an Asian country - during the IMF seizure of Thailand her family ate rice and bowls of soup that had the rare piece of chicken or pork in the broth - combined with vegetables and greens pulled from bushes and trees in the surrounding forest, they survived.

I was spellbound to see how they lived in year 2000. It stopped me dead in my tracks. And the kindness and generosity they showed had no bounds despite the fact that the one who oughtta be giving in plenty was I, cause I had the wherewithal - they accepted nothing but only insisted on giving.

And here's the kicker - I've been married 3 times, to a doc, a Phd and a fast-lane exec gal - then lived with a jewess, daughter of diamond cutter Irving Weiss of Noo York, a filthy rich, spoiled rotten woman - I thought I was going straight to Hell.

Bored to the core was I. Yawn, yawn, yawn.

But this poor girl I've been with for 10 years and counting. Never been happier.

Go figure - I got no explanation. Divinity works in mysterious ways.

When you're ready for DEVOTION it comes a-knocking - my turn came up in the year 2000 when everyone I noo was f*ckin everythin in sight, but oh no, deadbroke turned a noo leaf when he met this poor gal. She reformed me.

And here's a bug plus - she does not give me any static about trading, demo or otherwise. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Reactions: x4x
Strange that most of the nicest people are at the bottom of the heap !

The real nasties are at the top !

Any fool can spend spend spend - enough is enough.

Like the Americian fools? 2-months away from the the Salvation Army if they lose their paycheck.

When I look at how my fellow amos live, I shudder.

As for Greece, I plan to go there again and again for the rest of my life and enjoy everything it has to offer. I for one want Greece to survive. I love Portugal too.

And everybody here knows how much deadbroke loves England. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

The trouble is that they haven't progressed much since their hay-day 2,000+ years ago.
Living amongst the ruins of a has-been empire might be depressing.

But can't you see that THAT is their charm? And I gots to tell you, it is some beautiful charm. If every country was to emulate the WEST we'd die of boredom and depravity. I would, that's for sure.

No Sir, I need Greece with her ruins, the signs of a foregone empire, all of it the way it is.

Go many, many, many levels lower than Greece and you have India. I can't tell you how thrilling it was to sit in the middle of this village in the middle of nowhere at a tea stall and drink tea and chat with the villagers - heck even about Philosophy. Not a Hotel in sight. I slept on an embankment in a sleeping bag and the villagers made tea and breakfast for me the following morning.

That's life baby. We can't afford to lose that - we can't afford to lose the SALT OF THE EARTH aka the poor and the lower middle-class. I do love them so!!!.

Greece gotta survive.