Dollar Yen where's it gonna base??

Intervention, new homes sales and bernanke today. Bit too rich for my blood I'm on the sidelines. Got a few demo trades running in stocks and bunds to take the edge off. See how they play out through the day.

Sensible, may see some fireworks tonight then, usually happens when Big Ben opens his cake-hole...

Focussing on Swissie this morning, possible testing for a bottom, supply has been pretty thin last hour or so... BUT I COULD BE WRONG!

Would the SNB intervene now after seeing the market go through the pre-intervention levels on u/j? I would guess it's less likely now...

Would the SNB intervene now after seeing the market go through the pre-intervention levels on u/j? I would guess it's less likely now...

CHF doing a market shake out I reckon, I'm already in, so could be a crap end to the week...

The Yen has already taken out this mornings move...

CHF doing a market shake out I reckon, I'm already in, so could be a crap end to the week...

The Yen has already taken out this mornings move...

87% of retail are long usd/chf which is an encouraging figure for shorts. I've been selling usd/jpy, and usd/chf for the last 2/3 months, and personally i don't see any reason to stop now.

87% of retail are long usd/chf which is an encouraging figure for shorts. I've been selling usd/jpy, and usd/chf for the last 2/3 months, and personally i don't see any reason to stop now.
Those retailers must have deep pockets, having said that, I think you may be right...

What's the URL for the sentiment index that you use?

Phew, out with some pips in the bag, but hardly worth all the sweating - a terrible trade, I need to learn to take my medicine!

strange that yesterday it barely moved, yet every other major usd cross sold off around 100 pips...

0% effectively and the threat of intervention, yet the market just keeps pushing...

G7 this weekend, USD is well overdue a shift in sentiment. All of this dollar weakness has been on the back of QE2, it really wouldn't surprise me if they do a complete 180 on it...